Modern alternative to Fastarc G1 help please?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hi guys,

I'm currently using the super thick 2.0mm Nittaku Fastarc G1 on my forehand.

I am a modern defender who likes to both chop, fish and attack on my forehand.

I was wondering if there are any newer rubbers that are comparable to fastarc G1 but even better than it? Seen as though the G1 came out so long ago.

Or can anyone recommend something completely different for my forehand that would suit my game?

I'd say the area that i need to be most reliable is in pushes over the table, I like to dig pushes over the table to get nasty angles and also to load up on backspin so it makes it difficult for the opponent to open up.

Once back from the table I fish, chop or counter loop.

Fastarc has been good but wondered if something else might be even better, any advice appreciated.

Thank you!

Reactions: jammmail and Equaaz
This user has no status.
Hi guys, I'm currently using the super thick 2.0mm Nittaku Fastarc G1 on my forehand. I am a modern defender who likes to both chop, fish and attack on my forehand. I was wondering if there are any newer rubbers that are comparable to fastarc G1 but even better than it? Seen as though the G1 came out so long ago. Or can anyone recommend something completely different for my forehand that would suit my game? I'd say the area that i need to be most reliable is in pushes over the table, I like to dig pushes over the table to get nasty angles and also to load up on backspin so it makes it difficult for the opponent to open up. Once back from the table I fish, chop or counter loop. Fastarc has been good but wondered if something else might be even better, any advice appreciated. Thank you!

I just switched from Fastarc G-1 to V > 20 Double Extra. I really like it, however I don't personally chop so I can't evaluate it for that purpose. Yuto Muramatsu recently posed on twitter about using it: https://twitter.com/mcugdcpc87yzfty/status/1529403072174116864?s=21&t=IMYIBN4NHzRnbTBRU0xi4Q

It is really good for pushing over the table since it's sponge is a bit harder (47.5 vs. 52.5) despite not feeling that hard. I love G-1 but it's a little too slow for me personally now. There is a Fastarc G-1 50 degree version, however it's only available in Korea at the moment.

I would suggest checking out Victas 401 or 402 Double Extra, which Koji Matsushita developed specifically for chopping. Liu Fei (Chinese National Team) and Aoi Kurono (Waseda University, All Japan Collegiate champion this year) both are choppers and both use 401.

Sato and Muramatsu have been using Dignics 09c, but at over twice the price of these Victas rubbers, it's up to you to decide whether or not that's worth it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015

I just switched from Fastarc G-1 to V > 20 Double Extra. I really like it, however I don't personally chop so I can't evaluate it for that purpose. Yuto Muramatsu recently posed on twitter about using it: https://twitter.com/mcugdcpc87yzfty/status/1529403072174116864?s=21&t=IMYIBN4NHzRnbTBRU0xi4Q

It is really good for pushing over the table since it's sponge is a bit harder (47.5 vs. 52.5) despite not feeling that hard. I love G-1 but it's a little too slow for me personally now. There is a Fastarc G-1 50 degree version, however it's only available in Korea at the moment.

I would suggest checking out Victas 401 or 402 Double Extra, which Koji Matsushita developed specifically for chopping. Liu Fei (Chinese National Team) and Aoi Kurono (Waseda University, All Japan Collegiate champion this year) both are choppers and both use 401.

Sato and Muramatsu have been using Dignics 09c, but at over twice the price of these Victas rubbers, it's up to you to decide whether or not that's worth it.

Thank you so much for the information and advice, I will look into all of these.
How do you know what rubber Liu Fei uses, I can find very little information about her. Do you know her full equipment?

This user has no status.

Thank you so much for the information and advice, I will look into all of these.
How do you know what rubber Liu Fei uses, I can find very little information about her. Do you know her full equipment?

I actually misspoke. She uses VS > 402 Double Extra.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
401 and D09c are effective for choppers, but are much harder than G1 and require more effort and skill. Also, xiom Vega Def is very good. Here are the main selling points:

401: quite slow controlled spinny defense with occasional counter attacksVega Def: spinny and powerful modern defense with equal balance of attack and defense, focus on counter attacksD09c: Allrounder, less powerful than Vega Def but more powerful than 401, best for service and pushes and placement. Also more durability, at least 1.5-2 times.

Pick your poison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I'm not quite qualified to help you here but may I ask you what trait of your old rubber you would like to be improved?

More power? More spin? More control?

All 3 is usually not possible and there is some give and take.

There is also the option that the Grass is not greener on the other side and you don't really need a new rubber.