No progress

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
I have played table tennis for almost 2 years and on average 4 times a week and I think i have trained forehand topspin over a year but i see no progress every training I try my best but there is literally no progress even when i try to change and play same when its correct but my coach has said that i get better at competitions and every training I get better but I see 0 improvement and my forehand topspin is like im playing it first time.

This user has no status.
A good forehand doesn't always mean full power and maximum speed. Gain consistency through drills incorporating forehand if you cannot do it consecutively and try to control the amount of spin and speed you put on the ball. This way, your consistency and control will show in tournaments and matches. There could also be a problem in your form, cut out any "unnecessary movements" and go directly foward. You should use a little more force at the point of contact to get more spin onto the ball.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
  • either you trust your coach or you should look for another one
  • table tennis is not something that significantly changes every training, you need some time and patience to accumulate those micro changes into something bigger.
  • start making videos of you trainings and competition games, then compare after 2-3-6-12 month and see whether there is really no difference.
  • table tennis is not only about forehand topspin, maybe you improved in other aspects

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I have played table tennis for almost 2 years and on average 4 times a week and I think i have trained forehand topspin over a year but i see no progress every training I try my best but there is literally no progress even when i try to change and play same when its correct but my coach has said that i get better at competitions and every training I get better but I see 0 improvement and my forehand topspin is like im playing it first time.

Take a break from training forehand topspin and work on some new stuff. Work on your long pushes. Work on receiving serves with your backhand. Work on blocking. Various types of footwork.

If you have worked on those skills much less then you should see more improvement faster. When your improvement on those starts to slow down, come back to forehand topspin with a fresher mind.

It's a sad fact that the better you get at anything, the harder it is to get any better.

Reactions: latej and lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
No need to panic. As others said, FH topspin is only a minor part. But still, you want it, and that is absolutely OK. Get a clarity of mind. Understand the kinetic chain. Look for youtube videos/channels, like e.g. TTNuri. You need to understand what you actually want! Then slowly, progress towards it. You'll get there, don't worry.

I could also tell to you. Stop playing TT. Go fight, learn JiuJutsu, or whatever. Harden up. Then return. TT is only for super hard men! Like people here in TTD.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
I have played for eight years and for the first seven years my FH, BH and everything else suxs. Hang in there buddy. As Adam Bobrow always says, " Peace and Keep on Ponging "