Dhs

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Boosting.
hi there.
I have purchased Dhs hurricane neo provincial blue sponge and falco long booster to try Chinese rubber.
how many layers of that booster do you recommend
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
probably at least 2 layers. But you can boost 1 layer at a time to test out how much incremental impact it is making until you are satisfied.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Depends what kind of rubbers you are using now. You are not giving any indication about that.
We also do not know how well you can play.
Changing from Japanese/European rubbers to sticky Chinese rubbers will demand a change in
how one hits the balls.
Micheal's advise is the right way to go about it but I would go 1 step further and suggest to NOT
boost at all. Glue the rubbers on the blade and cut it with a 5mm overhang and have a play.
You can then try it a bit later with boosting and when you finally arrive where you want to be you can trim the rubbers
to the blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Depends what kind of rubbers you are using now. You are not giving any indication about that.
We also do not know how well you can play.
Changing from Japanese/European rubbers to sticky Chinese rubbers will demand a change in
how one hits the balls.
Micheal's advise is the right way to go about it but I would go 1 step further and suggest to NOT
boost at all. Glue the rubbers on the blade and cut it with a 5mm overhang and have a play.
You can then try it a bit later with boosting and when you finally arrive where you want to be you can trim the rubbers
to the blade.

Thank for advice. I think I won't boost it at first and see how it goes without 👍

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
There is a big requirements on physical strength. May take you few weeks to adjust as it uses the while body to makeA good FH loop.

Be prepared for more physical training.

2 layers of booster is what I use.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
There is a big requirements on physical strength. May take you few weeks to adjust as it uses the while body to makeA good FH loop.

Be prepared for more physical training.

This is a typical case of """FAKE NEWS"""
If an cripple like myself , manged to do the change to H3 and other sticky rubbers just about anybody can do it.
I am in my seventies , not very healthy but still manage to have good fun playing in 2 clubs.
Of course if you plan to make it to the next Olympics ...................................

Ahhh another thread about boosting H3, let's goooo 20 pages~!

p.s. Falco sucks with H3. Yes, the effect stays rather long, but doesn't add any speed to the rubber and only makes it mushy.Cheapest Haifu Seamoon is much better, even though it evaporates in one week or so.

PingBirdPong;370179

Huh, may be that could work with Koto outer like TB ALC or Viscaria, but with something all wood (especially 5 ply, like Acoustic) H3 has to be boosted for sure.TableTennisGan actually recommends:
1) Unpack and apply 2 layers of Seamoon
2) re-boost once a week with 1 layer of Seamoon
^^^ these are his personal preference, though. And he's quite skilled.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

hardness 40

I would say, 2 to 3 layers of falco should be fine.
If you want softer, then go 4 to 5 layer.
you need to wait for booster to dry or dome effect to settle before putting more on.

With boosting, you need to because to not over boost it or make it too wet (by putting more layers on, while it is still wet), otherwise, especially for DHS, the topsheet will tear off from the sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Hi, I just boosted my H3 Neo with 2 Layers to have some fun while it's off season.

After layer 1 I waited 30 hours and then applied layer 2

I'm now 48 hours later and the H3 is still heavily domed up in an upside down U shape.

How long till this doming goes away? Because in this curled up state it's impossible to glue it to a racket.
I was hoping that after 48 hours it would start to return to normal shape , but so far nothing ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi, I just boosted my H3 Neo with 2 Layers to have some fun while it's off season.

After layer 1 I waited 30 hours and then applied layer 2

I'm now 48 hours later and the H3 is still heavily domed up in an upside down U shape.

How long till this doming goes away? Because in this curled up state it's impossible to glue it to a racket.
I was hoping that after 48 hours it would start to return to normal shape , but so far nothing ...

It all depends on how wet/how much booster you put on and your environment.
3 to 7 days is common

However, many players would glue while curled up and just remove afterwards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022

What did you use to boost the rubber? VOC glues or oil-based boosters?
If you've already waited for 48 hours, you could just glue it right away. In its curled-up state, the rubber is expanded and when it flattens up, it loses some amount of the boosting effect. Another thing is, sometimes it just won't flatten up even for 5-6 days.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019

What did you use to boost the rubber? VOC glues or oil-based boosters?
If you've already waited for 48 hours, you could just glue it right away. In its curled-up state, the rubber is expanded and when it flattens up, it loses some amount of the boosting effect. Another thing is, sometimes it just won't flatten up even for 5-6 days.

Regular Haifu seamoon

It will be hard to glue it on in this shape tough, it looks like a bit like these atm.

2022%2006%2003%2016%2007%2049%20hurricane%203%20neo%20boosting%20Google%20Zoeken%20png.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Regular Haifu seamoon

It will be hard to glue it on in this shape tough, it looks like a bit like these atm.

2022%2006%2003%2016%2007%2049%20hurricane%203%20neo%20boosting%20Google%20Zoeken%20png.png

During a universiade one of my mates went to.
Xu Xin in the seat behind him, in the bus going to the hall, has his rubbers wrapped around his arm. Very juicy
You can still glue it for a few hours of play.