BH rubber advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I’ve only seen a LSW ZLF on video, does it still exist?

I'm not too sure, maybe some countries might still have.
It is the same as innerforce zlf, just slightly bigger head size.

Its plies and zlf are all soft, so its very flex blade.

It doesn't sell very well in most places I've been to. Same as the Fukuhara ZLF before LSW

This user has no status.
I played with the LSF for about four years, as did two friends, and we all liked the blade. It’s flexible, like a wood blade (e.g., Acoustic). Flexibility adds spin, so you can play with harder rubber, and still get the spin you want for looping and flipping. Flexibility hurts drives, smashes, and blocks however. I used T05 and other rubbers, including H3.

I’d consider using a harder sponge with the LSW, like 2.1 D05 (or even 2.1 09c if the low power won’t bother you).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016

I'm not too sure, maybe some countries might still have.
It is the same as innerforce zlf, just slightly bigger head size.

Its plies and zlf are all soft, so its very flex blade.

It doesn't sell very well in most places I've been to. Same as the Fukuhara ZLF before LSW

What does it means that it IS very flexy? I dont understand it, how does very flexy blade behave ? What are the pros and cons of flex blades ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I played with the LSF for about four years, as did two friends, and we all liked the blade. It’s flexible, like a wood blade (e.g., Acoustic). Flexibility adds spin, so you can play with harder rubber, and still get the spin you want for looping and flipping. Flexibility hurts drives, smashes, and blocks however. I used T05 and other rubbers, including H3.

I’d consider using a harder sponge with the LSW, like 2.1 D05 (or even 2.1 09c if the low power won’t bother you).

Well those are my priorities ( drives and blocks). So what should be an upgrade for my BTY Korbel japan considering i dont want any Carbon .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

What does it means that it IS very flexy? I dont understand it, how does very flexy blade behave ? What are the pros and cons of flex blades ?

Both Lulu and Climbk already mentioned about stiff and flex. So I don't think it is necessary to repeat - unless there is parts that you would like me to explain.

I'm in the view of Stiffer blades more 1) for your short pips), 2) for your style.

Your Korbel blade is 5 ply, you can go for a 7 ply wood, stiffer blade, that will give you more speed you desire.
If you want to go carbon, ALC maybe, but I think maybe 7 ply wood will work for you.
Stiffer or heavier, both will add speed compared to your Korbel.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

From your videos (if they are representative) it looks and sounds (the bh rubber clicks) like you're playing mostly topspins on your backhand, rather than flat drives. Off-the-bounce counter topspins, short stroke, but certainly topspins. On your forehand you play kinda the same thing: off-the-bounce counter topspins. The opening in the last video looks like a completely normal topspin.
​​​​So, probably the flexibility of lsw zlf will only help you. If you think of how Liu Shiwen plays herself, doesn't her game resemble yours a little? (:)

​​​​​​But if you really play blocks and flat drives, then of course I'd have to agree with the others in that lsw is too flexible for that.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016

From your videos (if they are representative) it looks and sounds (the bh rubber clicks) like you're playing mostly topspins on your backhand, rather than flat drives. Off-the-bounce counter topspins, short stroke, but certainly topspins. On your forehand you play kinda the same thing: off-the-bounce counter topspins. The opening in the last video looks like a completely normal topspin.
​​​​So, probably the flexibility of lsw zlf will only help you. If you think of how Liu Shiwen plays herself, doesn't her game resemble yours a little? (:)

​​​​​​But if you really play blocks and flat drives, then of course I'd have to agree with the others in that lsw is too flexible for that.

Yeah you completely described my game, I play off the bounce short topspins but still with a lot of spin. Also i play fast counter topspins. I may have badly undesrtand word drive. I thought that drive is synonym to counter topspin close to the table. And talking bout LSW that is why i firstly bought that blade to play those short spins off the bounce.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Ok so you're currently using a 45° sponge on the backhand and indeed it's a bit soft for your style of agressive blocking game, specially on a Korbel. I'm also a blocker, but more on the spin side with heavy loops on both wings.

Composite non-carbon blade is a wise decision for blocking style, there's also the new Donic with flax cloth blades that will come soon that would probably suits that style. The Classic Power Allround is already faster than the Korbel, but the Classic Offensive could be an option too as it is stiffer.

For the backhand rubber, as you're in the Jia Nan Yuan style I would suggest a T05 too, but the Stiga DNA rubbers are also awesome for blocks too, DNA PRO M or PRO Hard, for the new Platinum series I would not go harder than the Platinum M. The T05 can generate high arcs though, the Stiga DNA rubbers are more controlable in that area of the game: they react according the balde you choose: with a stiffer blade they'll generate a lower arc, more than the T05 that is bouncy with high arc with whatever blade you choose.
https://www.donic.com/donic/en/blades/4271/donic-classic-power-allround-available-july-2022?c=43

https://www.donic.com/donic/en/blades/4272/donic-classic-offensive-available-july-2022

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Ok so you're currently using a 45° sponge on the backhand and indeed it's a bit soft for your style of agressive blocking game, specially on a Korbel. I'm also a blocker, but more on the spin side with heavy loops on both wings.

Composite non-carbon blade is a wise decision for blocking style, there's also the new Donic with flax cloth blades that will come soon that would probably suits that style. The Classic Power Allround is already faster than the Korbel, but the Classic Offensive could be an option too as it is stiffer.

For the backhand rubber, as you're in the Jia Nan Yuan style I would suggest a T05 too, but the Stiga DNA rubbers are also awesome for blocks too, DNA PRO M or PRO Hard, for the new Platinum series I would not go harder than the Platinum M. The T05 can generate high arcs though, the Stiga DNA rubbers are more controlable in that area of the game: they react according the balde you choose: with a stiffer blade they'll generate a lower arc, more than the T05 that is bouncy with high arc with whatever blade you choose.
https://www.donic.com/donic/en/blades/4271/donic-classic-power-allround-available-july-2022?c=43

https://www.donic.com/donic/en/blades/4272/donic-classic-offensive-available-july-2022

Wow awesome😁thanks for suggestions. I have not heard about her yet but I love her style. That is exactly the way i would like to play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018

Yeah you completely described my game, I play off the bounce short topspins but still with a lot of spin. Also i play fast counter topspins. I may have badly undesrtand word drive. I thought that drive is synonym to counter topspin close to the table. And talking bout LSW that is why i firstly bought that blade to play those short spins off the bounce.

Then I guess t05 is going to be good for you. I would just take 1.9mm for the BH. I myself play with t05fx and enjoy it a lot. And I really did feel the difference in "control" for 1.9 vs 2.1: some of the blocks, which should've gone out, land on table, it's easier to engage the rubber, etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

Wow awesome😁thanks for suggestions. I have not heard about her yet but I love her style. That is exactly the way i would like to play.

Yeah I know it's a pity nobody mention her here and there, as the WTT does not give her much credit: they scheduled her on a "low table" when she won against Mima Ito at the Singapore Smash, does not help to get fame...

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
R48 and T05 are similarly priced,
T05 is meant to be more durable.
I’ve used both, T05 for testing rather than match play. R48 is a great rubber, my personal preference was R48 over T05, my level is not as high as yours by the way!!
Some other players I know have tried R48 and were surprised how good it was, but not good enough to make them change their T05 for R48!! However they said they could easily play with R48 and not feel they had ‘downgraded’
both rubbers are good for blocking and flatter hits, I found R48 felt softer and easier to loop with.
R48 Maybe slightly less catapult effect than T05

If money isn’t an issue, buy a sheet of each!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

Haha thanks ! :D I am bit scared of 05 as it might be too fast. Wouldnt 19 be the best idea then ? Since i found 19 bit slower with better dwell time than 05, what should fit my BH

T19 is exactly that. I love this rubber and I find it’s perfect control as well going and applying more pressure in bh to bh rallies.

on the other hand I don’t like t05. I find it harder to control and I don’t like how the catapult effect feels.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
R48 and T05 are similarly priced,
T05 is meant to be more durable.
I’ve used both, T05 for testing rather than match play. R48 is a great rubber, my personal preference was R48 over T05, my level is not as high as yours by the way!!
Some other players I know have tried R48 and were surprised how good it was, but not good enough to make them change their T05 for R48!! However they said they could easily play with R48 and not feel they had ‘downgraded’
both rubbers are good for blocking and flatter hits, I found R48 felt softer and easier to loop with.
R48 Maybe slightly less catapult effect than T05

If money isn’t an issue, buy a sheet of each!!

I would definitely disagree with the assertion that R48 and Tenergy T05 are similarly priced. In the US, R48 is around $50 and Tenergy T05 is around $80.

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews

I would definitely disagree with the assertion that R48 and Tenergy T05 are similarly priced. In the US, R48 is around $50 and Tenergy T05 is around $80.

Tees Sport in the UK (official UK Butterfly retailer) both rubbers retail for £59.99. = $75.02 = €69.98
Custom Table Tennis have R48 discounted in a sale from £59.99 down to £49.99 = $62.46 = €58.25
TT11 R48 retails for €52.46 = £44.95 = $56.28, unfortunately TT11 don’t stock Butterfly rubbers.
Butterfly EU store quote T05 at €59.90 = £51.37 = $64.21
USA Price of T05 of $79.99 = £63.99 = €74.63
R48 price of around $50 = £40 = €46.64

Looks like USA gets a pretty good deal / price for Andro and slightly worse deal / price for Butterfly.

Depends on where you are in the world, but in the UK T05 and R48 are (generally) the same price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Tees Sport in the UK (official UK Butterfly retailer) both rubbers retail for £59.99. = $75.02 = €69.98
Custom Table Tennis have R48 discounted in a sale from £59.99 down to £49.99 = $62.46 = €58.25
TT11 R48 retails for €52.46 = £44.95 = $56.28, unfortunately TT11 don’t stock Butterfly rubbers.
Butterfly EU store quote T05 at €59.90 = £51.37 = $64.21
USA Price of T05 of $79.99 = £63.99 = €74.63
R48 price of around $50 = £40 = €46.64

Looks like USA gets a pretty good deal / price for Andro and slightly worse deal / price for Butterfly.

Depends on where you are in the world, but in the UK T05 and R48 are (generally) the same price.

Yes, it looks like you're getting a good deal on Tenergy in Europe relative to the US.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

B57E330B%205B3C%204F0E%20BC16%2001FC3DD29825%20jpeg.jpeg

EEE07716%204AD5%204802%208ABC%2039DB3829884E%20jpeg.jpeg

I just so happened to have R45 on my BH ( lovely Green colour I'd say so myself ). I am getting a R48 for FH use, which I bought online and the shipment is currently in transit.

I can't speak about R48 yet as I have not got a chance to play with it however I can say that with R45 on my BH, it feels slower and very much an all-round / control focused rubber, which is similar to the older Donic Bluefire M3 feeling.

Based on your quick counter-driving style of BH, R48 should suit you well if you decide to go with the Rasanter series. I have read from forum that R48 fells softer than R47 due to its softer top sheet. If I can hazard a guess, R48 may play like Donic Bluefire M2, perhaps?

I have never play with the newer T19 so I can't comment. Nonetheless by looking at your BH video above, which I must say is rather good, I am convinced that T05 isn't too fast for you; but that is just my guess. However, if money is an issue, then the cheaper R47 / R48 is a more logical choice.

Gozo, why would you try and advise someone on equipment who is 15 to 20 levels higher than you? His use of and feel for the equipment will have nothing to do with anything you can actually do.

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

I have to be honest.....looking at how you play, I have a feeling Tenergy 64 is the Tenergy that will give you the most for your BH. Dignics 05 would likely be pretty darn good for you as well.

Other options that would probably work are (in no particular order):

1) Tibhar Evolution MXP
2) Andro Rasanter R53 (the R48 as well)

The shot selection you use on BH where the ball is fast, low and spinny, would work perfectly for T64 which is the fastest of the Tenergy rubbers and the one with the LOWEST arc. This is the rubber ZJK made famous back in 2010-2013. It is designed to do exactly what you are doing with your BH. And it will not be too fast for you. And I am pretty sure Max (2.1) thickness would work well for you.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis