BH rubber advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Hi everyone, I am recently playing with BTY Korbel Japan with Yasaka Rakza PO MAX on FH and Andro Hexer Grip MAX on BH. I prefer close to the table style of play with a lot of BH flicks, blocks and counterattacks. In order to speed up my game, I bought BTY Liu Shiwen ZLF blade and I would also like to try something new on my backhand. I would prefer something a bit faster with a lower arc but with similar control while blocking. I am also showing you a few of my rallies on YT to make it easier for you to suggest appropriate rubber. Right now I am mostly considering BTY tenergy 05fx, 19, 25, 80 and dignics 05. You can also recommend other brands. Thanks for your tips. PS: I am the smaller one in the Andro t-shirt with the green rubber on BH.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Something on the harder side since you play so close to the table and with more counterattack. Totally agree about the arc. Do not know how hard your current blade is but think you should something fast and hard. Do not need so much arc.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
First off, very nice rally. Hats off to you my man!

For your style, choose T05 if you use a lot of spin based return ( BH drive / counter-loop ) or T25 if you prefer the punchy / slappy type return. From the video, I see more of the BH drive type you use, so my uneducated guess should be T05.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Andro Hexer Powergrip would be the easiest step up from the regular AHG.

Thanks for advice, I was also thinking that R47 and R48 would be better upgrades since they are higher in Andros tier list. Am i right ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
First off, very nice rally. Hats off to you my man!

For your style, choose T05 if you use a lot of spin based return ( BH drive / counter-loop ) or T25 if you prefer the punchy / slappy type return. From the video, I see more of the BH drive type you use, so my uneducated guess should be T05.

Haha thanks ! :D I am bit scared of 05 as it might be too fast. Wouldnt 19 be the best idea then ? Since i found 19 bit slower with better dwell time than 05, what should fit my BH

Mar 2021

Thanks for advice, I was also thinking that R47 and R48 would be better upgrades since they are higher in Andros tier list. Am i right ?

B57E330B%205B3C%204F0E%20BC16%2001FC3DD29825%20jpeg.jpeg

EEE07716%204AD5%204802%208ABC%2039DB3829884E%20jpeg.jpeg

I just so happened to have R45 on my BH ( lovely Green colour I'd say so myself ). I am getting a R48 for FH use, which I bought online and the shipment is currently in transit.

I can't speak about R48 yet as I have not got a chance to play with it however I can say that with R45 on my BH, it feels slower and very much an all-round / control focused rubber, which is similar to the older Donic Bluefire M3 feeling.

Based on your quick counter-driving style of BH, R48 should suit you well if you decide to go with the Rasanter series. I have read from forum that R48 fells softer than R47 due to its softer top sheet. If I can hazard a guess, R48 may play like Donic Bluefire M2, perhaps?

I have never play with the newer T19 so I can't comment. Nonetheless by looking at your BH video above, which I must say is rather good, I am convinced that T05 isn't too fast for you; but that is just my guess. However, if money is an issue, then the cheaper R47 / R48 is a more logical choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Something on the harder side since you play so close to the table and with more counterattack. Totally agree about the arc. Do not know how hard your current blade is but think you should something fast and hard. Do not need so much arc.

Agree here,
you shouldn't go softer, you should go harder.

If you worry about control, can consider 1 size smaller than max on the sponge.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016

I just so happened to have R45 on my BH ( lovely Green colour I'd say so myself ). I am getting a R48 for FH use, which I bought online and the shipment is currently in transit.

I can't speak about R48 yet as I have not got a chance to play with it however I can say that with R45 on my BH, it feels slower and very much an all-round / control focused rubber, which is similar to the older Donic Bluefire M3 feeling.

Based on your quick counter-driving style of BH, R48 should suit you well if you decide to go with the Rasanter series. I have read from forum that R48 fells softer than R47 due to its softer top sheet. If I can hazard a guess, R48 may play like Donic Bluefire M2, perhaps?

I have never play with the newer T19 so I can't comment. Nonetheless by looking at your BH video above, which I must say is rather good, I am convinced that T05 isn't too fast for you; but that is just my guess. However, if money is an issue, then the cheaper R47 / R48 is a more logical choice.

OK, money is not an issue. I have never ever tried butterfly rubbers and I just want to try it for the first time. I will also buy R48 so i can compare it also with something else.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
I have played with T05 / T05FX / D05 and D80 on BH. They are all great for an attacking style, with T05FX the easiest to play and very good. T05 is also great but a little faster and bouncier. D05 is harder and very spinny but requires a little more effort in the stroke. I found D80 a little too much for me in speed terms.

They are all great BH rubbers but I’d suggest either of the Tenergy’s first.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Possibly. My understanding of Andro's markerting blurb is that the *Grip generation of rubbers is different, not better or worse, that Rasanter or the latest Rasanter Energy Cell generation. The former is really about prioritizing control and spin generation. I've played with AHG for more than 2 years on BH, tried AHPG - found the catapult to be a bit much, went back to AHG - and recently switched to R45 EC on BH and liking it quite a bit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I thought ZLF is softer and more flexible. I think you want the opposite with your playing style and short pimples. You want the ball to leave the racket fast, with a low arc and get power. With soft and flexible i think the ball will stay longer on the racket and have a higher arc.

I do not know how much you play against backspin with the short pimple but i think the PO have somewhat little grip, which makes it difficult to loop backspin balls well. I think Falck would be much better with short pimple with more grip but maybe diffficult with his contract with Yasaka. PO good if you want some effect in the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I thought ZLF is softer and more flexible. I think you want the opposite with your playing style and short pimples. You want the ball to leave the racket fast, with a low arc and get power. With soft and flexible i think the ball will stay longer on the racket and have a higher arc.

I do not know how much you play against backspin with the short pimple but i think the PO have somewhat little grip, which makes it difficult to loop backspin balls well. I think Falck would be much better with short pimple with more grip but maybe diffficult with his contract with Yasaka. PO good if you want some effect in the ball.

OU, that surprised me a bit, i thought that ZLF is the ideal move. Talking about rakza PO i think that it is ideal rubber for me, easy to loop against backspin. So which blade would be step up for my game from korbel japan ? I was also considering BTY SK7 and nittaku acoustic ? MIght it be better ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
@tomulus
Nice style. I think you cant go wrong with the T80 which is very fast, spinny, medium throw and very durable rubber. The choice of many good BH players around me.
I personally prefer D05 in 1.9 on my BH offering astonishing control without sacrificing speed, but the price......Ahh, that price

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
@tomulus
Nice style. I think you cant go wrong with the T80 which is very fast, spinny, medium throw and very durable rubber. The choice of many good BH players around me.
I personally prefer D05 in 1.9 on my BH offering astonishing control without sacrificing speed, but the price......Ahh, that price

Nice, those characteristics are what am I looking for, the t80 should be bit slower than 05 and 19 right ?