Butterfly Quality Broken blade after 20 hours of play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I played with second hand "LIKE NEW" Zhang Jike ZLC, I didn't hit any edges but blade broke after my forehand topspin one meter away from table.
I wanna be honest, I didn't find worse quality than Butterfly.
The core has pink and black discoloration.
This is really good advertisement from Butterfly.
Product for professionals.

The Polish distributor replies to my e-mail within 3 days (?!?!?!?!)
I saw famous "I will never buy Tibhar again" thread and people complain about quality of 45euro blade.
This blade cost 279,99 $, and Butterfly didn't care

This user has no status.
That is not a crack? It looks like a gouge.
do you have any better photos I'm finding it hard to see how a topspin damaged the handle but it possible that it's just blurred a bitAlso when this is second hand did it come with a defect that has just deteriorated or did it look new then this suddenly happened.

For information I have a inner ALC with about 400-500 hours on it and all the issue is a sweat discoloration so I'm shocked if this happened!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
@passifid is right, that looks like a gouge, and it's on the side of the handle, you would have felt that piece came off when holding the blade while playing. So I think that you didn't check the blade carefully when buying it second hand, and after a while you saw it and thought it "broke".

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
https://ae03.alicdn.com/kf/H8b1c64e5c1884daea1f1bd6d0e7749fbn.jpg

maybe it was one of these blades, available for about 30 bucks
🤣

H8b1c64e5c1884daea1f1bd6d0e7749fbn.jpg

Reactions: cytivrat
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
A second hand one for 280 dollars??? and expecting Polish distributor to be involved?
I can understand if you email Butterfly, but if the stock isn't channeled through the Polish distributor, then it isn't fair to expect service from them.
What did your seller say? surely he should be the first point of contact, not the Polish distributor.

And did you run a serial number check to see if you have a fake or not before getting yourself into a defamation case like Amber

Reactions: ADurao
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
A second hand one for 280 dollars??? and expecting Polish distributor to be involved?
I can understand if you email Butterfly, but if the stock isn't channeled through the Polish distributor, then it isn't fair to expect service from them.
What did your seller say? surely he should be the first point of contact, not the Polish distributor.

And did you run a serial number check to see if you have a fake or not before getting yourself into a defamation case like Amber

I tried that once when i bought a brand new butterfly and it was not possible to check the the serial number for authenticity.
Butterfly does not offer this service , unlike DHS

I think the .OP was trying to tell us that the NEW retail price is 280 dollars NOT that he paid this much.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The unfortunate case of the matter is that YOU made a mistake in buying second hand. I think that you should know better given that it was second hand.

Everyone is correct. It doesn’t make sense to contact a polish distributor about a blade that they didn’t sell you.

I feel like you are charging at windmills to get some sort of compensation from anywhere- but this is the risk of buying second hand.

I think that everyone knows no matter how used or lightly used your equipment is, the moment that you modify, or use it in any sort of way it quickly loses any value that it has. To me paying such a high price for USED eq is criminal.

AGAIN ............OP did not say he paid 280 he just said that a new blade would retail for that price.

• Love
Reactions: Konrad Bak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I will show more photos, because the core has pink and black discoloration it is really like glued from three or four different parts of kiri, and the parts of kiri has different kind of texture and hardness. One part is very soft, second part is harder than steel. In my opinion sick tree will behave very bad when you put pressure from composites materials and zlc is hard....

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I will show more photos, because the core has pink and black discoloration it is really like glued from three or four different parts of kiri, and the parts of kiri has different kind of texture and hardness. One part is very soft, second part is harder than steel. In my opinion sick tree will behave very bad when you put pressure from composites materials and zlc is hard....

one more question to you : Did you buy the blade from a private person or the polish butterfly shop ?