Butterfly Quality Broken blade after 20 hours of play

This user has no status.

Because the Butterfly China office did it themselves.
They did it based on stock that was imported by Butterfly China (they would import the SN into the system)
they don't have the full database of serial numbers to service the whole world, they only have access to SN of China's legitimate stock.

and secondly, it started because it was to combat the fakes in China (which is ALOT there).
I have seen many landed in SA waters, and its mostly from the likes of Ebay and Taobao. I had to explain to the customers that it is fake.

I would say it is a wise system to have, but then each region needs to do they own. And then when you have some one from Oceania, buys from Asia and want say Europe or NA to service it, then you get a pretty much awkward problem.

That is why in South Africa, I try to educate the consumers, it is not always about price, but supporting your channel distribution. There is a lot more than just saving a few bucks, there is customer service, warranty, marketing developing fund/budget support and funding to sponsor local players through sales generated from the legitimate channels.

Of course, it is consumer right to purchase online anywhere, but most times they can dodge import taxes and duties, thus out pricing local distributors, but then expect the whole channel to function, why they are not support locally. Then also complain when the brand isnt' doing enough in the country.

You just don't get win-wins. But for the sake of Butterfly blades, there are many fakes. In SA, there was once also a big batch of "half priced" tenergy 05 rubbers.

Frankly I love the Chinese system.
It makes Butterfly the only brand where you can be sure if your product is genuine or not.
If I ever decide to move, I think I’ll just hoard a bunch of BTY products so I don’t have to deal with fakes.
PS: I can find a bunch of “tacky” T05s on Taobao if anyone want them, it even comes with a protective film on the rubber like an H3!🤣

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

The quality on TTD has drop since I was last active few years ago. I had to ask some mods, where all the quality forumers gone (most still do appear, but don't post any more). Such a shame.

Yes, it is just us Riff Raff - members now and we all apologize for not coming up to your high standards. 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: Konrad Bak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Frankly I love the Chinese system. It makes Butterfly the only brand where you can be sure if your product is genuine or not. If I ever decide to move, I think I’ll just hoard a bunch of BTY products so I don’t have to deal with fakes. PS: I can find a bunch of “tacky” T05s on Taobao if anyone want them, it even comes with a protective film on the rubber like an H3!🤣

Tell me about it. Long 5 with T05 and T64, both rubbers with film still on. my student shows up and said his cousin bought it for him as a gift.

The film wasn't the only part that look like H3, the super tacky topsheet can stick the ball on way longer than my legitimate H3.

So actual test. The student went back to his old setup.... I was a bit sad to be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yes, it is just us Riff Raff - members now and we all apologize for not coming up to your high standards. 😭😭

Its not my high standards, it my reading of you incorrect info and what makes it worse, you trying to correct my insight of it with your incorrect info.

You asking me why Korea stock, asking NA and redirecting to Europe that no one can check your SN?

If you had ask Japan, you would have an answer. So hopefully your know better for next time, and any one else who ends up here, can understand how it works and actually get a check than than the assumption of "there is no verification system".

And I am not Pro Butterfly and am not defending them in any way what so ever (I don't use butterfly equipment any more, last one was Sriver). The most of my butterfly would be butterfly match shirts from pros, that I wear. Oh and some socks I bought.
However, if I just hold back and what you all conclude that there is no verification system, then this forum can really be Riff Raff

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Its not my high standards, it my reading of you incorrect info and what makes it worse, you trying to correct my insight of it with your incorrect info.

You asking me why Korea stock, asking NA and redirecting to Europe that no one can check your SN?

If you had ask Japan, you would have an answer. So hopefully your know better for next time, and any one else who ends up here, can understand how it works and actually get a check than than the assumption of "there is no verification system".

And I am not Pro Butterfly and am not defending them in any way what so ever (I don't use butterfly equipment any more, last one was Sriver). The most of my butterfly would be butterfly match shirts from pros, that I wear. Oh and some socks I bought.
However, if I just hold back and what you all conclude that there is no verification system, then this forum can really be Riff Raff

Well then let's stop the whinging and whining and you give me a website or a email address that allows anybody
wherever they are in the world to check their BTY stuff for authenticity.
Because if the Chines can do it for their 1.4 billion people surely it can be done world wide......................if there is a will

This user has no status.
I don't think there is one single Site or email address that allows everyone in the world who owns a Butterfly blade to check for Authenticity as mentioned by Tony.

But if you know the blade's origin from, you could email the respective countriy's Butterfly agents to get this verify.

From the website below, you just need to click the country you are looking to and in the contacts to find the respective country's Butterfly contact email.
https://www.butterfly.tt/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Tony's Table Tennis:
"For Europe, the email is [email protected] "
Dukegaga :
"Btw, just a hint, butterfly is a Japanese company, if the email address doesn’t end in something like butterfly.co.jp it’s probably not butterfly you’re contacting"
Tony's Table Tennis:
"4) serial number match between blade and box is not a confirmation that the blade is fake or not. You will need to ask Butterfly Europe to check the legitimacy of the serial number."
ricospin :
"Many fake blades look pretty good nowadays so it could very well be fake"
Zwill :
"That is a real ZJ ZLC, so you shouldn't worry about that."

who can I trust?

This user has no status.
Tbh you can't trust anyone. Even butterfly can check if the serial is real but the fakers use a real serial number often and just use the same one a thousand times.

The usual answer is if it plays well and has good finishing quality then it's butterfly. My 3 butterfly blades felt amazingly well sanded handles with unsanded but still smooth wings. Felt solid and not hollow and also had a nice ALC softness which is often wrong.

​​​​​​

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Tony's Table Tennis:
"For Europe, the email is [email protected] "
Dukegaga :
"Btw, just a hint, butterfly is a Japanese company, if the email address doesn’t end in something like butterfly.co.jp it’s probably not butterfly you’re contacting"
Tony's Table Tennis:
"4) serial number match between blade and box is not a confirmation that the blade is fake or not. You will need to ask Butterfly Europe to check the legitimacy of the serial number."
ricospin :
"Many fake blades look pretty good nowadays so it could very well be fake"
Zwill :
"That is a real ZJ ZLC, so you shouldn't worry about that."

who can I trust?

Do you have the hologram lens on the blade? If yes then you can be sure it is original.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
genuine, authentic I will not say more because I have TBZLC/3 APOLONIA/2 MIZUTANI SPZLC and I had a lot of innerforce zlc, Apolonia/Mizutani ZLC around the 50 blades so I can judge what is authentic.
I have timo boll zlc with super white core that's why I think it is bad specimen (copy)

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
Tbh you can't trust anyone. Even butterfly can check if the serial is real but the fakers use a real serial number often and just use the same one a thousand times.

The usual answer is if it plays well and has good finishing quality then it's butterfly. My 3 butterfly blades felt amazingly well sanded handles with unsanded but still smooth wings. Felt solid and not hollow and also had a nice ALC softness which is often wrong.

​​​​​​

This has always been bugging me about the whole "If the box serial number matches its real", like they make this amazing clone thats barely noticeable and they won't make a box with a matching serial? Weird.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
genuine, authentic I will not say more because I have TBZLC/3 APOLONIA/2 MIZUTANI SPZLC and I had a lot of innerforce zlc, Apolonia/Mizutani ZLC around the 50 blades so I can judge what is authentic.
I have timo boll zlc with super white core that's why I think it is bad specimen (copy)

Hmm, if you have so many BTY blades, and they were all good, and now you got just ONE bad one, why are you questioning BTY's quality again? I'm so confused.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
People wrote here like it is fake and I know it is not fake, it is bad in terms of colour but I don't have quality knowledge what's happened with broken space and with the blurred core, I thought about more quality words from guys who knows something about material, not another authenticity check but if guys want to say it is fake or real, OK. If you guys wants to make a joke? OK. This is the thread when you can be FUNNY and RUDE for me as I was for other people in the other threads, but I didn't want to criticize people for different type of words about me/ blade.
1. I didn't want to break the blade
2. I am fan of Butterfly
3. If I open thread I don't want to say bad words about other guys opinion
4. I was angry on guy from Poland who didn't want to answer about receipt
5. I was angry on Gasport
6. I wasn't angry on Germany Butterfly, they are cool.
7. Someone makes jokes about myself and blade on other threads which is not cool here is your place you can get 20 users and make a roast about myself and about breaking blade I am not angry

Reactions: lodro
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well I 'll be f ucked,
got answer from Aussie:

I asked :

Hi,I am interested to know if you offer a """ authenticity- verification service""" .This is in regards of a Butterfly innerforce blade ALC.I was told one could send the 11 digit code that is lazered onto the blade and any Butterfly agent would be able toconfirm if this is an authentic Butterfly blade.Kind RegardsLodro

here is the reply from Ariston Table Tennis Sales
Butterfly distributor for Australia
www.butterflyaustralia.comHi Lodro, To check authenticity, we require images of the blade as serial numbers can be copied from original.The images we require are :- Serial number (have to check the font as well)- Both surfaces of the blade (including handle)- Butterfly logo at the end of the handle.The clearer the image, the better chance I have to check authenticity. Best Regards,
Brett.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I accept the loss and repair the broken parts, but still Butterfly favourites needs to see this thread if people wants to buy FZD alc or FZD zlc and other overpriced blades because they must know if you buy Butterfly blade it can break without any damage.
I think it is not first time but people didn't want to feel shame and they blame yourself on first sight or they didn't know about broken parts and then didn't want snitch on forum because they will buy another blade. Butterfly has special "IDGAF" attitude with their clients and the brand.
The process of reading all comments from ex- perts gives more and more pressure and admin with his DM "people laugh about you" is like cherry on the top.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I accept the loss and repair the broken parts, but still Butterfly favourites needs to see this thread if people wants to buy FZD alc or FZD zlc and other overpriced blades because they must know if you buy Butterfly blade it can break without any damage.
I think it is not first time but people didn't want to feel shame and they blame yourself on first sight or they didn't know about broken parts and then didn't want snitch on forum because they will buy another blade. Butterfly has special "IDGAF" attitude with their clients and the brand.
The process of reading all comments from ex- perts gives more and more pressure and admin with his DM "people laugh about you" is like cherry on the top.

Why are you still saying “without any damage”? It’s a second hand blade, unless there’s evidence saying otherwise it’s safe to say there were damage done to it before you bought it because it broke. Also, you are still not seeing the obvious problem with yourself, you said you’ve got 50 blades from Butterfly, and this is the only one that broke, that’s 1 out of 50. And there are tens of thousands if not millions of customers around the world, that means even if the 99.9999% of the blades sold are fine, there’ll still be quite a few that have damage on them, you can do the math yourself. You just got unlucky with one of those, and who can you blame but yourself? Because all the evidence points to that you didn’t check the blade carefully before buying second hand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
OMG, why you want still talks here like IT is my fault. I was talking with one guy who knows how to make blades, he is from Poland but he gets more attention in the country and we dont care about yall handmade gods because I AM Creative Director and everything slaps, IT is banger, table tennis companies lost a lot of money because I AM the most qualified guy in Poland and I AM the guy who knows what is the main problem with selling blades, how to sell the blades, what is good for people.
Polish players are more and more into buying handmades and I AM the one WHO helps them and show them truth about equipment and everybody in the country have problems with choosing setups, rubbers, blades so I choose composition for everybody who wants and show me his technique. People wants defensive blades they get the best defensive blades. People wants blade for SP, I have one which is banger. People call me everyday from first league to total amateurs, and you think that I AM the problem like If I didnt check blades but everything what I've done with blades is looking on the core and edges
He said that sometimes blades are not glued as they should be. If you put a lot more glue on one side and you didnt put on other side with 5,4 mm and heavy rubbers and on big swing IT can broke. This type construction gives a lot of flex. There is no competition when we consider the thickness and the material used. This blade has enormous tension but top ply is hard as koto.
He said that the core is in bad condition and the situation when something break inside can happen If we consider the material hardness of zlc which puts a lot of tension and extra flex and probably sick part of wood and the result is that material is breaking across their structure because the structure at the area is not full of wood vessel.
My other friend said that someone WHO cut the blade in production was intern and the machine works too long on the edges you know how hard is cutting Zylon and Carbon??? So the material dried edges from machine which open the porosity material and if I sweat a lot the material on the handle absorbs the sweat and you can find this handle is like new but edge on the handle is little pinky-brown. I had chance to see a lot of kiri cores! IT is not first time because I had 1000 or more blades in my hand and the material didnt get the same pinky brown color, it is just white or Grey and it hard to add any colour to the wood material, maybe glue and dirty hands adds something like YELLOW parts but it is impossible for 20 hours blade.
I tried hear what other guys can say but I found only hate, jokes and blame on me.
First of all I thought there is heartwood on the handle core which is pink and the material is here very soft.
People asked my sometimes why they discontinued production of Timo Boll Spirit, which was bestseller in Poland and I said them because this blade was very stiff when it is new but purpose of material used in koto alc blade is FLEX, so material absorbs sweat and break because it had more flex than should be.
In my opinion ZJK ZLC broke inside which will continue and ends on opposite side of core near the handle, or will break immediately and really someone gets big headshot.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Konrad Bak;370717

someone WHO cut the blade in production was intern and the machine works too long on the edges you know how hard is cutting Zylon and Carbon??? So the material dried edges from machine which open the porosity material and if I sweat a lot the material on the handle absorbs the sweat and you can find this handle is like new but edge on the handle is little pinky-brown..........

This is not normally my style but having owned a laminating business for a while here it comes : """ You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the professional manufacturing of blades """

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Looks like we’re just not on the same frequency, so let’s try this:

Please tell me if any of these statements are false:
1. Any company that produces products can’t guarantee 100% if their products are perfect, but they are confident enough that most of them are, this is usually somewhere around 98% as industry standard.
2. You have 50 or so blades from Butterfly and 1 broke. 1 out of 50 is 2%.
3. 100%-2%=98%

If all of above are true, I don’t understand why you’re making such a big fuss about, just call it unlucky and move on.

And also these as well
1. The blade broke on the side of the handle, your fingers should be touching it when holding the blade.
2. You didn’t feel the part break off when using the blade.
3. You don’t have the part that broke off the blade in the box or case you store it.
4. You bought it second hand, and you don’t know how the previous owner treated the blade.
5. You don’t know how long the previous owner has been using the blade, but it’s definitely not 0 hours.
6. 20 + x > 20, where x > 0.

If 1, 2, and 3 are true, the possibilities of you not checking carefully enough and didn’t notice the problem when purchasing is very high.

If 4, 5, and 6 are true then your statement of “broke after 20 hours” is wrong.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis