Butterfly Quality Broken blade after 20 hours of play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews

Gasport is an official Butterfly agent . At least they should show some interest, regardless of the fact that you are the second owner.
If they can see the blade or top quality photos of it they should be able to pass it on to the manufacturer for an opinion.
My experience with Japanese manufacturers and sellers is that they are of highest integrity and go out of their way
to fix a problem when one arises. It is a matter of honor.

From the bad quality photos you gave us, I do not think anybody here will be able to make any decisions.

As far as the question re. original or not is concerned, I was told by a very kind Butterfly rep from the usa that when the numbers and letters on the blade correspond with the ones on the box we can safely assume we have bought an original.

Do you think the blade could be fixed by cleverly injecting some epoxy ? I remember years ago rescuing a butterfly blade
that way and it played well for many years

thanks for quality response, it is really better than any Gasport/Butterfly answer
My friend who makes handmade blades something like SDC, better than SDC, that' s a joke.
He said it is broken inside, the pink-brown place in one of my bad quality photography show continuation of inside breaking and the empty hole is like place when the pressure force has an outlet and it should goes on reclamation because it wouldn't be broken without my interference without any scars, hits or proofs, the wood on the handle/wings should be damaged if I did something and the wood should break across.
The wood is broken in the parallel way

I was thinking to add woody spackling paste, add laquer it will be softer and thicker at the place of hole but I don't know...it is 5,4mm blade so if I will swing hard, the handle will stay on my hands and someone will be hurt. If it will be sponsored player by Butterfly, maaaan Masvidal flying knee on top of that will be like a dream, that' s a joke. It will be good if no one will be hurt and blade will be like a new, I can't guarantee if everything will be fine but I feel that structure of blade goes in uncertain ways. The flex is too big...

This user has no status.

thanks for quality response, it is really better than any Gasport/Butterfly answer
My friend who makes handmade blades something like SDC, better than SDC, that' s a joke.
He said it is broken inside, the pink-brown place in one of my bad quality photography show continuation of inside breaking and the empty hole is like place when the pressure force has an outlet and it should goes on reclamation because it wouldn't be broken without my interference without any scars, hits or proofs, the wood on the handle/wings should be damaged if I did something and the wood should break across.
The wood is broken in the parallel way

I was thinking to add woody spackling paste, add laquer it will be softer and thicker at the place of hole but I don't know...it is 5,4mm blade so if I will swing hard, the handle will stay on my hands and someone will be hurt. If it will be sponsored player by Butterfly, maaaan Masvidal flying knee on top of that will be like a dream, that' s a joke. It will be good if no one will be hurt and blade will be like a new, I can't guarantee if everything will be fine but I feel that structure of blade goes in uncertain ways. The flex is too big...

You know ayous cores are supposed to be multiple pieces put together right?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
it is kiri, like Revoldia and VIscaria, which is white very soft material..... the porous material and pink colour is weird if we talk about Kiri, but SDC or someone like Nate who makes blade can tell you better info about material structure and colour. I am not expert.
IF you write Revoldia on MYTT you will find it has 2-3 part of core glued together because Kiri aka Paulownia is small fast growing wood

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So we getting somehere finally.
Fact checker is very important and I've sense so much unclear claims.

1) 20 hour of play and gets broken - fact checker - OP claim is not true, the 1st owner used the blade between Sep 2021 (claimed by 1st owner) until recently.
Of which OP bought the blade and use 20 hours and it broke.
So the blade has been used for more than 20 hours, maybe 200, maybe 1000 hours, we will never know, but 20 hours is not true.

2) OP did not buy the blade for 279.99 dollars, but actually 256 dollar. Which is still very expensive, considered it is 2nd hand - and I'm feel sorry for him to buy such an expensive 2nd hand blade, consider a new one is 239 euros (258 dollar). So for 2 dollar more, he can buy a new blade with customer service warranty.

3) we still do not know if the 2nd hand blade was bought damaged or not - only 1st owner will know if the core has been damaged before selling to OP

4) serial number match between blade and box is not a confirmation that the blade is fake or not. You will need to ask Butterfly Europe to check the legitimacy of the serial number.

My suggestion:
1) stop any conspiracy theory - your story don't add up.

2) I am assuming you have blamed Polish distributor in your email to them (since you have bashed them in public already, even though I think you bought the problem onto yourself and it might not be a Butterfly QC problem). So asking them to help you - considered you burnt that bridge, could be difficult. They have no business requirement to help you.

3) so based on number 2- email Butterfly Europe (Germany) rather and stop with the insults and bashing attitude, and rather ask them - to check SN if it is legitimate. And ask them about the holes and color of the core. Ask professionally and politely and lets hope they will answer you.

With my 10 years experience in Equipment distributions, including dealing with Butterfly Germany office for few years, I suspect you bought a damaged blade.
You should rather ask for a refund from your seller to you, unless you have proof that the blade is brand new (no damage) when you got it, and those holes/color occurred naturally during your 20 hours of usage and broke.

Honestly, for 2 dollar more, you can buy brand new here. https://en.butterfly.tt/zhang-jike-zlc.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
4) serial number match between blade and box is not a confirmation that the blade is fake or not. You will need to ask Butterfly Europe to check the legitimacy of the serial number.

sometimes I feel like Johnny Depp.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

sometimes I feel like Johnny Depp.

meanwhile you sound like Amber with all those accusations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
The question I’m yet to get an answer to is, if the broken part is on the handle where your hands touch the blade, you should have felt it break off when it did. Or you should have felt it coming loose when playing. Or maybe it broke when you weren’t looking and there’s a piece in the case/box but since you don’t seem to have it, it is not likely. All these points to that , it was already broken when you got it, but you didn’t check it carefully.

also just you know, Kiri core would be a multi piece core 99% of the time, because the consistency of kiri requires that.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Tony's Table Tennis;370400meanwhile you sound like Amber with all those accusations
Hmm I had some disrespect words for you but I will Ask guys here. Do you think if this blade is fake?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
Tony's Table Tennis;370400meanwhile you sound like Amber with all those accusations
Hmm I had some disrespect words for you but I will Ask guys here. Do you think if this blade is fake?
Many fake blades look pretty good nowadays so it could very well be fake.

however I do find that if you had the original box, it gives me some semblance of hope that it is real.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

You said, the blade is 20 hours of play old and broke (The truth is maybe atleast 9 months old, or more - you can't prove your seller isn't lying, it could be a few years old)
It cost 279.99

You can't claim something, and then prove to us that your own claims were a lie. That is exactly what Amber did remember? 🤣🤣🤣

You don't even bother confirming/checking if the blade is fake or not, someone even asked, if it is one of the 30 dollar blades.....that wasn't a joke you know and why didn't you attempt to see if you have a fake blade, than oppose to defame 2 companies? If I were to fight them in court, I would have my evidences checked and in order first.

Your credibility with those false claims also doesn't help. I'm not sure if you provided those false claims on purpose to make us sympathy with you, or was it a language issue and you didn't mean to provide false claims. But never the less, I think there is some logical issue, especially on the part that you believe the blade is only 20 hours old. The truth is, it is a lot more hours and who knows what your seller did to the blade before you.....

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Which part of """"Butterfly does NOT offer this verification service"""" is not understood ?????

While it is no proof of it being genuine, the matching figures on box and blade is as good as it gets.

This is a lost cause, nobody will proof anything.

My advise to the OP is : Take it on the chin , Have a little cry, wipe off the tears , brake the whole blade into 2 bits then throw
them away or burn them , move on.

I am out of here 😁

Reactions: ricospin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

Which part of """"Butterfly does NOT offer this verification service"""" is not understood ?????

While it is no proof of it being genuine, the matching figures on box and blade is as good as it gets.

This is a lost cause, nobody will proof anything.

My advise to the OP is : Take it on the chin , Have a little cry, wipe off the tears , brake the whole blade into 2 bits then throw
them away or burn them , move on.

I am out of here 😁

Agreed. Buy a new one, buy an aliexpress one or maybe get it fixed by a woodworker.

pick your poison.

consequently you can do nothing about it.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Who told you that?

Butterfly allows you to email them to ask (confirmed by Butterfly), its been happening for a long time and many forum members has covered that - I would have imagined it is general knowledge....

For Europe, the email is [email protected]

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Who told you that?

Butterfly allows you to email them to ask (confirmed by Butterfly), its been happening for a long time and many forum members has covered that - I would have imagined it is general knowledge....

For Europe, the email is [email protected]

I bought an ALC Innerforce a couple of years ago, new of ebay via Korea.
I did see somewhere that one could do a check for authenticity of my new blade and followed all advise.
I got nothing, other than the information that Butterfly IS NOT doing these verifications.

The explanation also went on to say that because Butterfly was only selling their products via authorized dealers, therefore
buying from those was the guarantee of obtaining the genuine article.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I bought an ALC Innerforce a couple of years ago, new of ebay via Korea.
I did see somewhere that one could do a check for authenticity of my new blade and followed all advise.
I got nothing, other than the information that Butterfly IS NOT doing these verifications.

The explanation also went on to say that because Butterfly was only selling their products via authorized dealers, therefore
buying from those was the guarantee of obtaining the genuine article.

Which Butterfly office did you contact for the stock via Ebay Korea?

OP stated, that the stock is via Polish distributor, thus Butterfly Europe (Germany) would have the serial number in there system.

If you bought from Korea, Butterfly Europe would not have any record of it. You would need to contact Butterfly Japan.

Also, ebay is known for lots of fakes or grey imported goods. Any sane channel distribution system would not service stock via such channels, and this is beyond TT products. I know of many same issues with IT equipment, as your service provider would then be Ebay and not Butterfly say Europe.

Reactions: Konrad Bak
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Which Butterfly office did you contact for the stock via Ebay Korea?

OP stated, that the stock is via Polish distributor, thus Butterfly Europe (Germany) would have the serial number in there system.

If you bought from Korea, Butterfly Europe would not have any record of it. You would need to contact Butterfly Japan.

Also, ebay is known for lots of fakes or grey imported goods. Any sane channel distribution system would not service stock via such channels, and this is beyond TT products. I know of many same issues with IT equipment, as your service provider would then be Ebay and not Butterfly say Europe.

Well, as can be seen, I do not live in europe at this time.
I ended up with an USA Butterfly agent via facebook., and a very kind and nice person he was too.
[email protected]
But why "****-about" , you are the expert, take the info from the OP and email it to i[email protected]😁 because frankly my dear.........................................

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Bty China has code verification. Dunno why they don't extend it to the whole world.

Because the Butterfly China office did it themselves.
They did it based on stock that was imported by Butterfly China (they would import the SN into the system)
they don't have the full database of serial numbers to service the whole world, they only have access to SN of China's legitimate stock.

and secondly, it started because it was to combat the fakes in China (which is ALOT there).
I have seen many landed in SA waters, and its mostly from the likes of Ebay and Taobao. I had to explain to the customers that it is fake.

I would say it is a wise system to have, but then each region needs to do they own. And then when you have some one from Oceania, buys from Asia and want say Europe or NA to service it, then you get a pretty much awkward problem.

That is why in South Africa, I try to educate the consumers, it is not always about price, but supporting your channel distribution. There is a lot more than just saving a few bucks, there is customer service, warranty, marketing developing fund/budget support and funding to sponsor local players through sales generated from the legitimate channels.

Of course, it is consumer right to purchase online anywhere, but most times they can dodge import taxes and duties, thus out pricing local distributors, but then expect the whole channel to function, why they are not support locally. Then also complain when the brand isnt' doing enough in the country.

You just don't get win-wins. But for the sake of Butterfly blades, there are many fakes. In SA, there was once also a big batch of "half priced" tenergy 05 rubbers.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well, as can be seen, I do not live in europe at this time.
I ended up with an USA Butterfly agent via facebook., and a very kind and nice person he was too.
[email protected]
But why "****-about" , you are the expert, take the info from the OP and email it to i[email protected]😁 because frankly my dear.........................................

So you went to Butterfly NA facebook to query on a stock that is from Korea?

I told OP few pages ago to contact Butterfly Europe and do the serial number check.
If he is not bothered, I sure wont' be bothered too.

I'm just trying to explain to you how things work. I have been a Butterfly distributor before.
any ways, you guys are welcome to continue fake news, false new or what ever you want to call it

The quality on TTD has drop since I was last active few years ago. I had to ask some mods, where all the quality forumers gone (most still do appear, but don't post any more). Such a shame.