Butterfly Quality Broken blade after 20 hours of play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Konrad Bak;370717

someone WHO cut the blade in production was intern and the machine works too long on the edges you know how hard is cutting Zylon and Carbon??? So the material dried edges from machine which open the porosity material and if I sweat a lot the material on the handle absorbs the sweat and you can find this handle is like new but edge on the handle is little pinky-brown..........

This is not normally my style but having owned a laminating business for a while here it comes : """ You have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the professional manufacturing of blades """

I have to add here,
I won't say how much poor quality top brands blades I have seen, but Butterfly wise, the QC is very good.
And talking about interns working at Butterfly blade factory in Japan?
Sorry to say, but I think those uncles who work there are mostly 20 years + in the company. Maybe a few young ones are around 10 years. Calling an intern who might be cutting blades at Butterfly would require some really hard core evidence. Maybe other companies, but I will struggle to believe Butterfly. They are very strict.

Out of all the high profile circle of friends I have, only a few was allowed to walk in the main production line.
And they could, because, the blades are getting made using their names and it was also a pre-arrange formal visit.
Even normal sponsored pro players wasn't allowed to go in during other visits.

Reactions: Konrad Bak
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
I have to add here,I won't say how much poor quality top brands blades I have seen, but Butterfly wise, the QC is very good.And talking about interns working at Butterfly blade factory in Japan?Sorry to say, but I think those uncles who work there are mostly 20 years + in the company. Maybe a few young ones are around 10 years. Calling an intern who might be cutting blades at Butterfly would require some really hard core evidence. Maybe other companies, but I will struggle to believe Butterfly. They are very strict.Out of all the high profile circle of friends I have, only a few was allowed to walk in the main production line.And they could, because, the blades are getting made using their names and it was also a pre-arrange formal visit.Even normal sponsored pro players wasn't allowed to go in during other visits.

My another friend who makes money from cutting wood said that about "intern" this is not my part of story to judge something if I am not qualified to say from my perspective. I didn't own every ancient knowledge but guy has own rights to talk his ish. That's why I was angry on Butterfly's distributor because they have tools to judge what is happened but they are money maker so they used law as their first part of defence.People really didn't buy blades for 250 euro and broke without any edges angry action or throwing something it is not part to judge how much the blade cost but what is their price right now. You are potential to waste that kind of money to buy this type of blade with KOTO ZLC composition.I think it is a flawed copy and that is my part of talkin ish.I think when he called someone as intern this is part when you are mean for someone's work. The highest level to offends someone who are too focus to not be offended ( you know how Japan workers are pressured to be the best) or they have worked for 20 years and they still make bad work.I didn't have total 3 blades with kiri core but 20 blades right now and IF i need to prove something I will show if any blades have the same scars or pinky-brown cores and they cost 1/10 of this blade ;)People are talking here like painting porous wood is piece of cake because they didn't even know how hard is making scars on kiri core.The worst part is...this blade is thrash in terms of feeling to play game. I didn't even know what type of rubbers I should use

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
This thread is full of misinformation, Butterfly doesn't cut their blades, they sand them. ZLC doesn't apply any extra pressure on the core, that doesn't even make sense. It's just a layer that's bonded to the other ones.

I still fail to see how the blade is "broken". Wood has defects, and the truth is sometimes those defects only show up when you cut it. From my perspective, that core had a little defect that only showed up when they shaped the blade. It was probably there when the OP first bought the blade, he just failed to notice it. Just like it was there when the blade was inspected during QC, and the employer either didn't notice it as well, or just let it pass. It makes no difference in performance whatsoever if the defect is just superficial, I can't see it from these photos, but this could be the reason why it passed.

Now, should a blade of this price be allowed to have any defects? I don't think so, it should never had left the factory. Does the OP have a right to complain? I don't think so, if the defect was there in the first place. I think the original buyer has a right to complain.