Damaged new blades from Dandoy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Hi everyone,I am wondering if anyone else has had a bad experience ordering from Dandoy Sports? I made an order a while ago and received a Carbonado 45 with slight damage on the edge. I had asked to have two rubbers glued on. When I emailed Dandoy about it, they said "A cutting problem happened I think, yes." Also, the blade was not lacquered as requested, and we all know how fragile those Carbonados are (they play awesome, though). They were nice enough to offer a free gift (a shirt) with my next order, which I accepted. I still would have preferred to have had my blade in perfect condition. I got my second order today. Imagine my surprise when I saw how poorly the blades I ordered were packaged. They were just put in plastic bags and free to move around in the box. Of the 6 Tibhar Champ blades I ordered, 4 had nicks/scratches and one had a sizable chunk taken out of the edge. I know they're just cheap blades, but when you buy something new you expect it in new condition. I've ordered from Dandoy in the past and it's been nothing but good, but I'm disappointed in my last two orders. Is this just a strange occurrence, or have others experienced anything similar?

Pics of blades:http://imgur.com/a/DKdwI12Dandoy Blades - Imgur

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
a lot of table tennis brands, for costs saving reasons (equipment material cost has increased many times during the past 3 years....) they are looking for measures to not increase the price in equipment, resulting to many entry level/lower cost blades no longer having a box.

Bubble wrap would normally be used by distributors and is recommend.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I think I'd rather pay a few dollars more than receive damaged blades. I'd certainly pay for a bit of bubble wrap haha.

Dandoy hasn't even responded to my last email with a picture of how the blades were packaged. I get that mistakes happen, but being completely ignored really doesn't encourage me to make my next order through them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
I think I'd rather pay a few dollars more than receive damaged blades. I'd certainly pay for a bit of bubble wrap haha.

Dandoy hasn't even responded to my last email with a picture of how the blades were packaged. I get that mistakes happen, but being completely ignored really doesn't encourage me to make my next order through them.

Ignoring my e-mail was the main reason why I started ordering from tt11, rather than dandoy in recent years. As I understand it is an ordinary situation for dandoy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I've ordered a few times from dandoy, so far nothing bad has happened yet, fingers crossed. But usually I order on TT11, they're very responsive through email and for the most part offer the same price as dandoy, and a lot more products. Only problem is I wish TT11 can update their website design a bit, like supporting mobile devices, also fix the search function.

Reactions: Mtcollins
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Update: Got an email from Dandoy last month (22nd) offering 20 Euro for the damage to the blades. According to their shipping policy, I should send the blades back for a refund or replacement, but with shipping being so expensive for them, I thought this was a fair compromise, so I reluctantly agreed. Haven't heard from them since, despite emailing, and no partial refund was issued.

"Exceptions (refunded shipping costs) : We do refund shipping costs in case we made a mistake in your order, the product is defective or was damaged before shipping."

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Update: I've been trying to get in contact with Dandoy ever since, but they are just ignoring my emails now. They never did live up to their offer of a partial refund, which amounts to lying in my books. I guess I just take the hit on the damage to the new blades I bought. I wouldn't recommend anyone order from Dandoy, no matter how good the sale is (or you could end up with damaged blades like I did). Go to Tabletennis11. Those guys rock.