Butterfly Blade Serial No Check

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Following the thread: Butterfly Quality Broken blade after 20 hours of play.
I did explain, but there is still a lot of confusion about that a Butterfly blade customer can have the serial number checked.

Butterfly - yes it is a Japanese company. The English / Western side of the business is managed by the Butterfly office in Germany, We can call it Butterfly Europe or Butterfly Germany.
The web address / email ends with tt, example. [email protected]
This is a legitimate address - you can go and check on Butterfly Japan's website yourself.

Butterfly office in China has its own blade SN verification. The rest of the world - no.
You can email Butterfly Europe ( [email protected]) to request a check. They will then check with Japanese head office to confirm the authentication if they can't do it directly on there side.

If you contact say the Polish distributor or say the Butterfly North America/UK dealers etc (which is only a dealer), they might ask you to speak to the Butterfly Europe office directly, or they might help you and email Butterfly Europe on your behalf, but cannot give you an answer until Butterfly Europe replies.
So you can contact your Butterfly dealer - in fact they are there to service you, and is a good idea to do so.

But if you did not buy the blade directly from the dealers, but if you bought a blade through a third party - and have no evidence of proof of purchase that the stock is channeled through a legitimate dealer and if no dealer wants to service you, there is always the Butterfly Europe office.

I think people are not familiar with Manufacture/Brand and they regional offices (Butterfly Head Office in Japan, and Butterfly Europe office in Germany), and dealers - Butterfly NA, Polish Distributor, UK distributor etc etc and expect any one can just provide customer service.

I think the channel of communication is clear and not just for brands like Butterfly.
And having said that, there are risks if you buy 2nd hand, or buy from online stores like Ebay, Amazon, Taobao etc.
You need to verify the seller is legitimate and the stock is legitimate.
Saving a few dollar - risks is also on you.

Also, from experience, a lot of the European TT office, English proficiency level isn't the greatest. I've seen basic grammar errors, wrong words used and some times the context feels aggressive. With my experience dealing with them, I know it isn't aggressive, but just the way they use a 2nd or 3rd language to communicate with me. For first timers, you may feel aggressive or maybe the reply with errors feels wrong. I guess that is just the way it is and you need to look past that.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

I sent an email to Butterfly Australia and let us see what happens. I might go on , copy /paste the message and send it to all countries that are listed on [email protected])

Hi,I am interested to know if you offer a """ authenticity- verification service""" .This is in regards of a Butterfly innerforce blade ALC. I was told one could send the 11 digit code that is lazered onto the blade and any Butterfly agent would be able toconfirm if this is an authentic Butterfly blade. Kind Regards LodroNew Zealand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

I sent an email to Butterfly Australia and let us see what happens. I might go on , copy /paste the message and send it to all countries that are listed on [email protected])

Hi,I am interested to know if you offer a """ authenticity- verification service""" .This is in regards of a Butterfly innerforce blade ALC. I was told one could send the 11 digit code that is lazered onto the blade and any Butterfly agent would be able toconfirm if this is an authentic Butterfly blade. Kind Regards LodroNew Zealand

Butterfly has no office in Australia.
You have likely made communication to the dealer - Ariston Table Tennis

and who told you any agent would be able to confirm this? They might help you to convey your message to Butterfly Europe.

I don't think you are trolling any more. It could indeed be your reading abilities:
"they might ask you to speak to the Butterfly Europe office directly, or they might help you and email Butterfly Europe on your behalf, but cannot give you an answer until Butterfly Europe replies"

You read it as any Butterfly agent would be able to confirm if this is an authentic Butterfly blade
some times I wonder why I still waste time on these forums

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Butterfly has no office in Australia.
You have likely made communication to the dealer - Ariston Table Tennis

and who told you any agent would be able to confirm this? They might help you to convey your message to Butterfly Europe.

I don't think you are trolling any more. It could indeed be your reading abilities:
"they might ask you to speak to the Butterfly Europe office directly, or they might help you and email Butterfly Europe on your behalf, but cannot give you an answer until Butterfly Europe replies"

You read it as any Butterfly agent would be able to confirm if this is an authentic Butterfly blade
some times I wonder why I still waste time on these forums

Well, call it what you want. Maybe Butterfly contacts may be a better word. All I saw was some colored flags of countries and picked the one closest to home.
No need to get pedantic about details right ?Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes,

Here is one YOU made a few days ago :
"""""""""Of course, it is consumer right to purchase online anywhere, but most times they can dodge import taxes and duties, thus out pricing local distributors, """""

Many countries have made arrangements with outfits like Ebay, Amazon , Aliexpress etc. so when we buy there, the taxes and duties are added on to the sales price and then paid into the coffers of the appropriate country.

See, we can all still learn new things here 😁

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews

About a year ago, I was interested in buying a 2nd hand Apolonia but the seller had lost the box.
He claimed though that it was legit and bought by Butterfly Portugal.

Initially, I e-mailed the code to Butterfly Portugal, to verify that if the code was valid.
They replied that they needed "the receipt" !!!! in order to verify it. 😂😂
The answer was evidently stupid, so my reply was " Well, if i had the purchase receipt, I wouldn't be asking if it is original, I WOULD KNOW IT already now, wouldn't I ?"😁
Needless to say, that they didn't verify the code.

Afterwards, I contacted Butterfly in Germany and 2-3 other Butterfly distributors to verify the code.
They all replied that they don't verify codes, without providing the receipt.

Long story short: Butterfly DOES NOT OFFER CODE VERIFICATION and I know it from personal experience.
Let's see however what they will reply to you.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

About a year ago, I was interested in buying a 2nd hand Apolonia but the seller had lost the box.
He claimed though that it was legit and bought by Butterfly Portugal.

Initially, I e-mailed the code to Butterfly Portugal, to verify that if the code was valid.
They replied that they needed "the receipt" !!!! in order to verify it. 😂😂
The answer was evidently stupid, so my reply was " Well, if i had the purchase receipt, I wouldn't be asking if it is original, I WOULD KNOW IT already now, wouldn't I ?"😁
Needless to say, that they didn't verify the code.

Afterwards, I contacted Butterfly in Germany and 2-3 other Butterfly distributors to verify the code.
They all replied that they don't verify codes, without providing the receipt.

Long story short: Butterfly DOES NOT OFFER CODE VERIFICATION and I know it from personal experience.
Let's see however what they will reply to you.

Thanks for sharing your experience it is the same or similar that i had.👍
When i first asked , I actually did have the receipt but was never asked for it.
I was simply told that Butterfly is not providing this verification service.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews

Thanks for sharing your experience it is the same or similar that i had.👍
When i first asked , I actually did have the receipt but was never asked for it.
I was simply told that Butterfly is not providing this verification service.

Well it's pretty much the same thing: If you have the receipt from a Butterfly store/distributor, it's self evident that is a legit blade.
So why on earth would you need verification?

My guess is that they don't verify codes, in order to minimize as possible the trading of 2nd hand blades and push for purchase of new ones.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I bought the blade from E bay USA and the seller was from Korea.
So I did not know if the seller was a genuine Butterfly dealer or not.

I do not know about if they try to minimize the secondhand market and remember,
the Jury is still out and our Tony from South Africa might still be able to prove to us that Butterfly indeed does provide the service😀

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I bought the blade from E bay USA and the seller was from Korea.
So I did not know if the seller was a genuine Butterfly dealer or not.

I do not know about if they try to minimize the secondhand market and remember,
the Jury is still out and our Tony from South Africa might still be able to prove to us that Butterfly indeed does provide the service😀

If you were given a box with a matching serial number with the blade, then 99,9% it's an original blade.
At least that's what I was told by a Butterfly distributor.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: ricospin and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
New blades are much easier to identify, they have the holo lens too besides the serial code on the blade and box. I haven't even seen counterfeits trying to copy the holo lens. It was quite unfortunate that he didn't photograph the lens of that ZJ ZLC.

There are so many little details on the blades that it's really easy to tell if it's original or not. However Butterfly should just create a database for all their blades just as Butterfly China has done. It shows if the code is registered with them, how many times the code has been checked, and I believe which store bought the blade from the "importer?". Butterfly could totally do this in Japan, they know which blades they sell to which country. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would help people who can't tell from all the little details if a blade is original or not.

If DHS is able to do this there is no excuse for any other maker if the have a counterfeit issue. I wonder if the Yinhe blade codes can be traced back with the manufacturer or they just add them for show.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews

Exactly what I then got told too.
But boy did I get some shit slung at me in this forum a couple a days ago.
In the thread called : Butterfly Quality Broken blade after 20 hours of play
Just as well i got a thick skin
😂

I didn't follow it till the end, but I've read it.
The OP bought a 2nd hand ZJK blade, produced in 2015 !!! (if I remember correctly) and without a proof of purchase he had the nerve to e-mail Butterfly that the blade had defects!!!!
And he had the audacity to bash Butterfly "that the blade had only 20 hours of play"....

This user has no status.
New blades are much easier to identify, they have the holo lens too besides the serial code on the blade and box. I haven't even seen counterfeits trying to copy the holo lens. It was quite unfortunate that he didn't photograph the lens of that ZJ ZLC.

There are so many little details on the blades that it's really easy to tell if it's original or not. However Butterfly should just create a database for all their blades just as Butterfly China has done. It shows if the code is registered with them, how many times the code has been checked, and I believe which store bought the blade from the "importer?". Butterfly could totally do this in Japan, they know which blades they sell to which country. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would help people who can't tell from all the little details if a blade is original or not.

If DHS is able to do this there is no excuse for any other maker if the have a counterfeit issue. I wonder if the Yinhe blade codes can be traced back with the manufacturer or they just add them for show.
You are completely right with the BTY China thing.
DHS has a dumb counterfeit system, the codes have been leaked already. But the Chinese have other quite accurate ways to tell if a rubber is real. Some Chinese forums also offer a service where many members look at photos and decide upon wether the blade is fake or not.
I know BTY ALC blades can be verified by looking at the fiber patterns in the handle, and the lettering under the bottom logo( both below on the handle and in the little hole if you remove the logo)
The Yinhe stuff is probably just for show, no one fakes Yinhe blades.

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
ADF761D5%203692%204FFE%20AD41%20EA6460919A5B%20jpeg.jpeg

3887060A%20F143%204532%20AFB8%2003DEA749079F%20png.png

Some bigger fake Stiga sellers on Taobao have created their own website to fake the verification.
the photo with “fake” is fake, the other is real.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well I 'll be f ucked,
got answer from Aussie:

I asked :

Hi,I am interested to know if you offer a """ authenticity- verification service""" .This is in regards of a Butterfly innerforce blade ALC.I was told one could send the 11 digit code that is lazered onto the blade and any Butterfly agent would be able toconfirm if this is an authentic Butterfly blade.Kind RegardsLodro

here is the reply from Ariston Table Tennis Sales
Butterfly distributor for Australia
www.butterflyaustralia.comHi Lodro, To check authenticity, we require images of the blade as serial numbers can be copied from original.The images we require are :- Serial number (have to check the font as well)- Both surfaces of the blade (including handle)- Butterfly logo at the end of the handle.The clearer the image, the better chance I have to check authenticity. Best Regards,
Brett.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You are completely right with the BTY China thing.
DHS has a dumb counterfeit system, the codes have been leaked already. But the Chinese have other quite accurate ways to tell if a rubber is real. Some Chinese forums also offer a service where many members look at photos and decide upon wether the blade is fake or not.
I know BTY ALC blades can be verified by looking at the fiber patterns in the handle, and the lettering under the bottom logo( both below on the handle and in the little hole if you remove the logo)
The Yinhe stuff is probably just for show, no one fakes Yinhe blades.

Yinhe does have a record, I do deal direct with them and have them on wechat and can find out any time. Can't say it is the same for everyone and yeah, I don't think there are clone Yinhe blades out there :p

And yeah for blades, any experience person (who has over 50 Butterfly blades like the OP of the other thread) can easily tell if it is real or not.
Or can also spot a problem or not in the first few minutes of receiving a 7 year old 2nd hand blade.
And honestly speaking, 1 "bad blade" in 50 blades, and not to mention the blade is 7 years old already, is actually not too bad of a track record.
But yeah, people have the right to continue bashing any one they like. For some (like Amber) that right just cost 15 million dollars.

I think it is important for people to know that they can check with manufactures - as long as they communicate via the right channels (hence why I made this thread, for future searches to find). Any one who think it doesn't work, or have experience it doesn't work - I don't have an answer for that.

On the record, I haven't dealt with Butterfly Europe (Germany) for a good 5 years now (maybe longer). Maybe things has changed now, I don't know, but I do see people still feeding the same information I provided in my OP, so I gather it is still active.

There can be many speculations on why some don't get the service, but that is not of interest to me or the purpose of this thread.
Seems like we have a volunteer who has the heart and the time to check every agent on the planet - soon we will know the result.

Any ways, training has resume and I'm going to get more busier again

Reactions: PingBirdPong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Seems like we have a volunteer who has the heart and the time to check every agent on the planet - soon we will know the result.

Actually, I do not think this will be necessary 😁

to me this comment actually proves that the serial number is NOT USED to establish authenticity at all

"""""To check authenticity, we require images of the blade as serial numbers can be copied from original.The images we require are :- Serial number (have to check the font as well)- Both surfaces of the blade (including handle)- Butterfly logo at the end of the handle.The clearer the image, the better chance I have to check authenticity""""

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Actually, I do not think this will be necessary 😁

to me this comment actually proves that the serial number is NOT USED to establish authenticity at all

"""""To check authenticity, we require images of the blade as serial numbers can be copied from original.The images we require are :- Serial number (have to check the font as well)- Both surfaces of the blade (including handle)- Butterfly logo at the end of the handle.The clearer the image, the better chance I have to check authenticity""""

you think so?
I read it as a fake could use a real serial number too.
So its not just like a serial number check, but to also see if the serial number on the blade is printed by Butterfly.
And on top of that, they want to see the blade too.

so yeah, maybe, maybe not.
Guess your best bet is to get a real and fake and check together and see if it works.

anyways, buying 2nd hand or non official sellers, no matter what you buy in life. You bound to use luck at times.