Where are all the old forum members

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
For the ones who remembered me, I was very active on the forum in the early 2010s
left the forum few years ago and and came back.
All the old forums members seem to have all left too - who is still here?
care to leave a message if you guys are still reading and not posting?

Gone are the days when TTD staff/founder also actively posts.
Mods hardly post
some familiar names I don't see around : https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/leader.php

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Herewith just some names I got from that leader board and the date of last active

Zeio 02-11-2020
Suga D 04-11-2022
Dan 06-06-2020 (but we all know he is 1000% invovled with TTD)
Yoass 12-21-2020
Ping fun 11-09-2020
Giangt 03-25-2020
Michal_Z 11-23-2021
ttmonster still active, but not sure if posting
Baal still active, but not sure if posting
Ilia Minki 09-14-2020

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

you mean, some kind of infection in this forum?
the quality of posts and replies is not the same without the knowledge or many of those experts (no offense to the current crowd).

Zeio would flood the forum with translated China material - very good stuff I must say. I don't have time to transalte and Zeio did many big favours.
Of the others on the list, many are high level coaches and equipment experts.
Even the likes of Yogi Bear hardly posts nowadays.

Where have these guys move on to, maybe I should join them. TTD is boring

This user has no status.

Herewith just some names I got from that leader board and the date of last active

Zeio 02-11-2020
Suga D 04-11-2022
Dan 06-06-2020 (but we all know he is 1000% invovled with TTD)
Yoass 12-21-2020
Ping fun 11-09-2020
Giangt 03-25-2020
Michal_Z 11-23-2021
ttmonster still active, but not sure if posting
Baal still active, but not sure if posting
Ilia Minki 09-14-2020

I’ve played Llia Minki before I think. Is he the one that always uses the reverse pendulum serve?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

the quality of posts and replies is not the same without the knowledge or many of those experts (no offense to the current crowd).

I was more literal about it. A lot of people could not play in the covid times. Since a lot of things paused due to covid maybe those people had no motivation to post.

Zeio would flood the forum with translated China material - very good stuff I must say. I don't have time to transalte and Zeio did many big favours.

Zeio had a feud with the mods, thats why he went: Same thing with a French guy I enjoyed a lot, don't remember his ID though. Yogi seem to like he silently just disappeared but he resurface every once in a while...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Was that a rhetoric question or you really don't know this site?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Welcome back Tony 🙌 Great to hear from you! Where has time gone, good to have you back!

I've been in the background trying to upgrade the website to make it mobile friendly as more than half of users are now mobile. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes so I havent been able to post as much as I've liked. I've been working on the content side of things also which takes up tons of time on the TTD YouTube channel.

I'm going to get back to posting, see you around 🏓

This user has no status.
Welcome back Tony 🙌 Great to hear from you! Where has time gone, good to have you back!

I've been in the background trying to upgrade the website to make it mobile friendly as more than half of users are now mobile. A lot of stuff goes on behind the scenes so I havent been able to post as much as I've liked. I've been working on the content side of things also which takes up tons of time on the TTD YouTube channel.

Great to hear that Dan!
PS: Really love the equipment reviews! Could there be more on the way?

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Zeio had a feud with the mods, thats why he went: Same thing with a French guy I enjoyed a lot, don't remember his ID though. Yogi seem to like he silently just disappeared but he resurface every once in a while...

Cheers
L-zr

Just saw the feud. Hectic.

Yogi still very actively post equipment reviews. I have him on FB and chat to him quite often there.
There was a good dozen people I know post often, Next Level said something recently, and after being back for 2 weeks or so, I only saw that 1 post.
He used to average 10 an hour 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Hey Dan
Good to hear from you too. TTD has grown beyond just a forum - very impressive.
And yeah, I know you are 1000% involved. Of course your posts would add a lot of value to the forum members - just like always.
And I guess, not being single any more, the hours are a lot more limited 😜

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

What about mytt? its like a library there too, very quiet.

Yeah, more quiet than here. It's not new though, it is at least a year - the low activity - maybe more. People there would know better.

About the reasons I can only speculate. I think it is not due to people, because imo, in this amount, it would average. So I'd put it on the "technical" details. This site is imo slightly nicer to view and use, even given its quirks. Still I'd personally prefer even tighter format. It is the written text that matters, everything else is secondary. No time to code it myself and Dan is twice as busy I guess...