Done with EJ(for a while)

This user has no status.
Hello great people!
I have decided to stop with the over leveled equipment! I’m going to put away my TB ALC only use my two all wood blades( CL CR for serious use, and Donic Waldner Blackpower for casual) at least until December. Paired with the intense training I plan to get this summer, I think it’s going to help my skill a whole lot.
I’m planning to put a blue sponge H3P on the CLCR, is that okay? Or should I stick with the OS?
I just wanna know how much and how so you guys think this will help me, and what other things I should do.
Thanks!
Glory to dear leader, Jim Pickens!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DukeGaGa and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
Sounds like a plan! Having said that, I did the same thing with parking my HL5x and switching to my Violin, which worked fine until I tried a Viscaria and was blown away by how much I liked the crisp direct yet high quality feel - so the original plan went out the window as I’m playing way better with the Viscaria and enjoying it loads.Like you I have H3N BS on it in 39 deg - can’t honestly say I can feel a marked difference over OS P I had before.Good luck on the journey and keep us posted :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
HL5x and switching to my Violin, which worked fine until I tried a Viscaria.
How does HL5x feel compared to Viscaria for you? Does HL5x feel slower compared to Viscaria? Safer to land the ball on the table or less forgiving than Viscaria?

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hello great people!I have decided to stop with the over leveled equipment! I’m going to put away my TB ALC only use my two all wood blades( CL CR for serious use, and Donic Waldner Blackpower for casual) at least until December. Paired with the intense training I plan to get this summer, I think it’s going to help my skill a whole lot.I’m planning to put a blue sponge H3P on the CLCR, is that okay? Or should I stick with the OS?I just wanna know how much and how so you guys think this will help me, and what other things I should do.Thanks!Glory to dear leader, Jim Pickens!
Cough, ahem, Friendship Battle 2 Provincial Blue Sponge, cough!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello great people!
I have decided to stop with the over leveled equipment! I’m going to put away my TB ALC only use my two all wood blades( CL CR for serious use, and Donic Waldner Blackpower for casual) at least until December. Paired with the intense training I plan to get this summer, I think it’s going to help my skill a whole lot.
I’m planning to put a blue sponge H3P on the CLCR, is that okay? Or should I stick with the OS?
I just wanna know how much and how so you guys think this will help me, and what other things I should do.
Thanks!

Blue sponge life spam is a lot shorter than orange sponge.
If you not planning on boosting, OS should be good enough for you.

This user has no status.

Blue sponge life spam is a lot shorter than orange sponge.
If you not planning on boosting, OS should be good enough for you.

My shots like to fly off the table with BS for some reason. I can’t get footage right now but do you have any idea what may be the problem?

This user has no status.
Hello great people!
Thanks!

Good Choice LOL

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
Hello great people!
Thanks!

That would probably benefit you more than sticking with a carbon blade..
Using wood blade teaches you to apply more power to get the same speed as carbon.. so, when you switch to carbon, your loops will be fast and powerful

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
How does HL5x feel compared to Viscaria for you? Does HL5x feel slower compared to Viscaria? Safer to land the ball on the table or less forgiving than Viscaria?

Very different indeed. HL5x feels either very slow or very fast whereas Viscaria feels linear. HL5x feels subdued in comparison. Speed is similar I’d say with HL5x a little faster too end.

Viscaria excels at blocking and feels sharper and more accurate for my game.

Reactions: bzing and jammmail
says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
Sounds like a plan! Having said that, I did the same thing with parking my HL5x and switching to my Violin, which worked fine until I tried a Viscaria and was blown away by how much I liked the crisp direct yet high quality feel - so the original plan went out the window as I’m playing way better with the Viscaria and enjoying it loads.Like you I have H3N BS on it in 39 deg - can’t honestly say I can feel a marked difference over OS P I had before.Good luck on the journey and keep us posted :)

One of Us! One of Us! One of Us! 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I've had a similar revelation. I'm tired of messing with my equipment, thinking it'll let me win more by suiting my game better. I've been using a hurricane 301, which I love and will come back to. However, I think going carbon too early in my development was a mistake, as I think the enlarged sweet spot was hiding my bad technique, and the increased speed caused me to be lazy about generating power with my body. I ordered a handful of All+ to Off- wood blades, and 2 sets of rubber that I know I like. No point in changing blade and rubber, I'll never know what's really making the difference. I'll compare the wood blades one on one till I have a winner, then stick with it until I've reached the level I want to. You'll see my extras for sale on here soon, gotta get some money back for lessons lol.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hello great people!
Thanks!

For your plan it doesnt matter too much. The setup is nice and by far good enough to learn and improve everything.
So the only thing left (for me at least) would be the price tag and the durability as Tony mentioned. OS would have the upper hand here. But if you dont mind the coin just stick with BS.

I am a little bit back on EJ'ing (on a budget though as per usual) before torunaments and the season start again. Currently testing some boosted Battle II provincial again and Master GS on bh. The only thing i will stick with is the Yinhe pro 01. Still satisfied af with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

For your plan it doesnt matter too much. The setup is nice and by far good enough to learn and improve everything.
So the only thing left (for me at least) would be the price tag and the durability as Tony mentioned. OS would have the upper hand here. But if you dont mind the coin just stick with BS.

I am a little bit back on EJ'ing (on a budget though as per usual) before torunaments and the season start again. Currently testing some boosted Battle II provincial again and Master GS on bh. The only thing i will stick with is the Yinhe pro 01. Still satisfied af with it.

Welp would it be fair to just say use whatever H3 you have right now?