Carbon vs Wood

Rubbers are comoressible, wood is not. If you sand ba hand you are creating pitting where you fingers are. Good 0.2-0.3 (single layer of 3d printed object, that's the closest reference i have) damage happened when clubmate sanded the face of the blade.

I would say it is a good practice to just use a block of wood or other relatively straight block.

I done woodwork for somewhat 50 years, furniture and boats etc...I sand my blades every time I change rubbers.
Never had a problem. Where I want to take off a lot of material I use a block. To take something like old glue off it doesn't matter...
If it is convenient I would use a block otherwise not...

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
If you have varnish on, and its not holding the rubber / glue bond. you can just get a rough sand paper and create some rough surfaces on the varnish.
Those pores are enough for the glue to get into and stick on your rubber.

You don't have the sand so much that you remove the varnish.

Also, with boosting, many players do sand the head of the blade (and not the edges) to trick racket control.

This user has no status.
If you have varnish on, and its not holding the rubber / glue bond. you can just get a rough sand paper and create some rough surfaces on the varnish.
Those pores are enough for the glue to get into and stick on your rubber.

You don't have the sand so much that you remove the varnish.

Also, with boosting, many players do sand the head of the blade (and not the edges) to trick racket control.
But doesn’t racket control only measure the rubber thickness? The blade doesn’t matter, right?