What rolling exercises you do after training session.

If you at any rate consider playing table tennis several times a week you should do muscle stretching and rolling.Three muscle groups that I do regularly: quads (quadriceps), glutes (khm, the ass muscles), calves.

Pro players surely have professional massage or something similar after each tournament (I think Timo Boll mentioned in some of his vlog videos), but self-massage is a must.

It's called Myofascial release and is very helpful for your muscles.I'm 30 and was training 5 times a week preparing for the tournament last week. Without the stretching and rolling my muscles would've been clogged (is that correct English term? Sorry I'm not native :( ) on a second day of trainings.

edit: if you've never done it, it will hurt. A lot. But that's how Myofascial release works, you go through pain, but then it's a tremendous relief. And if you don't feel the pain at all, that means that your muscles are healthy.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
The biggest issue I have is figuring out how to roll vastus medialis. Rectus femoris and vastus lateralis were quite easy to do. Few videoson youtube and problem gone. The inside muscles though, i had not figured out good position to roll.

quadriceps%201024x1024%201%20jpeg.jpeg