The Japanese yen has fallen a lot relative to the USB.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
This allows distributors, like the Paddle Palace, to buy Japanese rubbers more cheaply. However, none the the reduce cost is being past on to US.Even to Euro has dropped relative to the USD but ESN rubbers aren't cheaper either.

There is always a lag time, perhaps the retailer has older stock that they had bought earlier at a higher cost?

Also read below:

Ferengi Acquisition Rule 161: Without competitors to threaten our position, why should we reduce price and mess up our profit? Needless to say, without an external factor to force them, a commercial entity will not automatically turn charitable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It doesn't help if the Japanese brands are selling in USD.
however, what does hurt is the ongoing freight costs increase.
I have a shipment that was delayed from May to June, 5% more now.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
This allows distributors, like the Paddle Palace, to buy Japanese rubbers more cheaply. However, none the the reduce cost is being past on to US.
Even to Euro has dropped relative to the USD but ESN rubbers aren't cheaper either.

Many ESN rubbers have seen a price increase recently. All new Evolution rubbers MX-D, EL-D, FX-D now have a MSRP of 52,90€ before discounts. Rakza X, Rakza Z, V>15 also now over 50€, Rasanter R45, R48, R53 over 60€. But Butterfly still sells their Tenergys for 59.90€ in Germany.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
The cost of inflation is increasing in most countries. Which means labour /rent cost as well.
Agree it should be some decrease in price. But may be in reality. There may be a lesser proportional
decrease in price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
The price from different sources in Poland are very high, I will not say the quality of ESN rubber is not worth the price but it makes them hard to love