Boosted Bryce vs Ten/Dig, which is faster?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Just wondering, is the benefit of Tenergy/Dignics that it doesn't require additional boosting? Or is it also faster than the old Bryce w/ boosting?

Which is faster, Bryce boosted or Tenergy/Dignics out of package?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
After 4 weeks of play, how much will a Tenergy/Dignics decrease in speed? (i'm guessing with some factory boosting wearing off)

Is a booster depleted Ten/Dig basically the same speed as the old Bryce?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Speedglued Bryce was much faster than Tenergy or Dignics. A speedglued Sriver was faster as well.

Butterfly doesn't factory boost their rubbers. Only the wear and tear that changes their performance. So the benefit of these rubbers is that they don't change their playing characteristics and they last longer than ESN.

This user has no status.
Speedglued Bryce was much faster than Tenergy or Dignics. A speedglued Sriver was faster as well.

Butterfly doesn't factory boost their rubbers. Only the wear and tear that changes their performance. So the benefit of these rubbers is that they don't change their playing characteristics and they last longer than ESN.
Thought so.
Probably the reason why ESN shrinks more than BTY

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
So ESN relies on booster to get the same level of speed as Butterfly? Why doesn't BTY boost their rubber to give even more performance?

You said that speed glued Bryce is faster, but what about regular booster?

This user has no status.
You know that most of us don’t even think about getting higher end BTY rubbers until getting at least 3-4 years of coaching, and getting to a certain level.
I may be a massive EJ, but I know that my skill doesn’t come close to justifying anything above 250 CNY(around 40 USD or something) .
My point is, spend the money on a coach, and deal with equipment later.

• Love
Reactions: Kuba Hajto
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
So ESN relies on booster to get the same level of speed as Butterfly? Why doesn't BTY boost their rubber to give even more performance?

You said that speed glued Bryce is faster, but what about regular booster?

I think it doesn't agree with their mentality to gain extra performance for a short period of time.

As I can see Asian players are quite concerned about equipment weight and Butterfly rubbers are the lightest among the competition. Booster would add additional 2-3g per sheet. For normal players this might be something to laugh at, but it matters a lot.

I dunno how an old Bryce would react to booster oil. Not sure if Bryce is still made in the same form as before, but good old Sriver is still made, so if you try it with Sriver you can assume the effects are similar with Bryce too.

I didn't get to speedglue much since it was banned, but it felt really awesome when people got it right. It was a double edge sword too, since I had teammates who f'ed it up quite often too. And I remember the insane amount of blame game on a bad gluejob. It was the reason for 99% of lost matches.

I used to use Catapult which was like an early version of "speedglue" built-inside rubber when I was a kid. I couldn't bullshit myself that the gluejob was bad. So I don't recommend boosting either, you are just going to bullshit yourself. And if you want to do it just use a Hurricane or something that is "designed" for it.