Do you boost your ESN rubber after factory tuning wears off?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
After your ESN factory boosting wears off, do you boost your ESN rubber to try to re-claim the original performance?

How close does it get the rubber back to the original performance?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Do I re-tune ESN rubber after tuner wears off ????

What kind of question is that?

ESN rubbers play just fine after a few weeks... might even play better.

Anyone hating on there MX-P after a few weks and mail them off to Sergey Tsos, postage paid by Sergey Tsos.

Do I re-tune ESN rubber? NO> maybe it needs a little licking. A rub or two on my bear sweat in front of uniform after a sesioin is usually enough.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I'm sure it plays very fine, but I'm just curious about what the effect of re-tuning ESN rubbers is. Who has tried re-tuning ESN rubber, and what is the result?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I certainly can play with ESN after the factory booster is gone, but I really hate the fact that I buy a rubber for what it is and after three weeks it turns into something different. Typical example is the MX-P. Reboosting doesn't bring back the initial performance although the top looks almost intacted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I certainly can play with ESN after the factory booster is gone, but I really hate the fact that I buy a rubber for what it is and after three weeks it turns into something different. Typical example is the MX-P. Reboosting doesn't bring back the initial performance although the top looks almost intacted

How much do you think does reboosting bring back? If new is 100, and after boosting is gone, is it a 80? If you reboost it, how close to the original is it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I would say 80%. To be able to compare it to the original, I must have an original on the other side. At the very end the rubber is playable but it isn't what it was..🥴

I don't think it will be anywhere close to 80%
just boosting it to fit the bat again is almost difficult lol

boosting the sponge might give you the bounce, but the top sheet after 30 hours of hard hitting a week, or 120 hours a month, would be dead.
no booster will bring it back.

It will be okay for primary school kids though

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

I don't think it will be anywhere close to 80%
just boosting it to fit the bat again is almost difficult lol

boosting the sponge might give you the bounce, but the top sheet after 30 hours of hard hitting a week, or 120 hours a month, would be dead.
no booster will bring it back.

It will be okay for primary school kids though

That's similar to what I experienced with a couple of rubbers (V>11, BlueStorm Z2, Vega Pro). First the sponge fails, than boosted it to get the bounciness/trajectory somewhat back and not long after that the topsheet fails/isn't grippy enough for my play. Two to three month at most when I had time to train 10-12 hours per week. The BlueStorm Z2 needed booster and old-school VOC rubber cement to bring it back to its original size...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
I use ESN rubber since 2010, after I quit using Tenergy 05 and since then, I boost my brand new rubbers and use for 2-3 months and change..

If I would compete, change in 2 months
If is only for training I can squeeze it for 3 months.

Booster: only one layer of TRF or 360TT (brazilian brand). Not messy or whatever.. 12 years doing this and things got easy..

The most important thing on ESN rubbers is not overboost them. They are already very factory boosted.. so, less booster is better, IMO.

PS: I use 50º rubbers. I would not boost 47,5 or softer models.