Look at my 25 year old Sriver.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

The rubber is heavily oxidized and hard as plastic. Some 2000 level player gave this rubber to me when I was like 11 when he saw me playing with some crappy rubber. I just found this and didnt even know I still had it.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If the red rubber was your BH side, the blackened (maybe darkened) part of the rubber near the handle and extending out towards the side of the blade, that is from the sweat from your hand and it shows a bit of how you held the blade (where your index finger was on the rubber).

The sweat increases the oxidation of the rubbers.

Now you know more about oxidation. Divide 25 by 10 and you will be able to have an idea of how much oxidation could happen to a topsheet and sponge after 2.5 years of sitting. :)

• Haha
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Red was my FH side.

But actually i dont think its a perfect equation for oxidizing.

I had a few rubbers that i mustve bought in 2008. So after 14 years, they are not anywhere near the oxidation level of this sriver.

They sriver is hard as plastic and is completely not playable. The 14 year nittaku rubber is still like new. I played it and it is still bouncier and faster than chinese rubber like ak47. It not hard at all, and the sponge is still soft and elastic.

If the sriver is a 0 in performance, and a new Fastarc is 100, this 14 year nittaku would be like a 94. It really hasnt oxidized much.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Logically I would also expect a 14 year old rubber to oxidize at the same rate as the Sriver, which is 14/25.

But from my experience, it just isn't so.

IMG%2020220614%20222926%20jpg.jpeg

This is the photo of it.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I think both bats were stored in the same location, but the Nittaku rubber maybe was kept inside a basic case. While the Sriver was just left on the shelf.