FH rubber for DHS h301x

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
Hi, it's me again if u remember, I'm an intermediate player and thanks to your suggestions (last thread: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?26495-What-rubbers-should-i-get-for-DHS-H301x&highlight=h301x) I decided to buy the rakza 7(BH) and it improved my BH alot, thanks again, but in the other hand, the goldarc 8 (FH) is hard to control because of its speed (but it's super durable lol) so I'm considering changing it. As in the previous thread, @Funk Fu Master suggested me to buy Xiom Omega VII Pro, you guys have any suggestions ? Cuz I don't wanna make another mistake again :(, btw how about the gold arc 5 ? Thanks u guys alot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Hi, it's me again if u remember, I'm an intermediate player and thanks to your suggestions (last thread: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?26495-What-rubbers-should-i-get-for-DHS-H301x&highlight=h301x) I decided to buy the rakza 7(BH) and it improved my BH alot, thanks again, but in the other hand, the goldarc 8 (FH) is hard to control because of its speed (but it's super durable lol) so I'm considering changing it. As in the previous thread, @Funk Fu Master suggested me to buy Xiom Omega VII Pro, you guys have any suggestions ? Cuz I don't wanna make another mistake again :(, btw how about the gold arc 5 ? Thanks u guys alot

Hi Hiep Trinh!
I played the whole previous season with the dhs h301 (not the x version) and for me that blade is phenomenal. I see no reason to look for a faster blade, because that blade has a thousand gears. In a short game from the table, it is slow and behaves like a wood without carbon, which gives great control, and when hit full power activates the carbon and the ball goes like a bullet.
I understand that it is difficult to describe what kind of feeling you want from rubber, and even harder to understand what you would like. It's just like that and until you try and play for a while you won't know if some rubber will fit you. I tried more rubbers and found that the Evolution Mxp and Tenergy 05 on FH works great on 301. I haven't had a chance to try the GA8 or Xiom, but I believe that this rubbers is not faster than the Mxp, so then you probably wouldn't like the Mxp because it's an extremely fast and dynamic rubber. If speed was the only reason you couldn't control your FH, you might want to try a softer sponge rubber such as the Evolution EL-P, or even easier way is to try rakza 7 you already have on blade.

Reactions: Hiep Trinh
This user has no status.
We need more input.
Did you like the goldarc8 overall and just didnt like the lack of control? Or do you want smth completely different?
The other problem is that i dont know your fh technique. Giving advice here like this will guide you to exactly that: "another mistake"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
First thing first is my forehand block or loop is very ok with it, but when I use more power in a match, it tends to go out a lot although I have the feeling of it in practice. Another thing is this blade is heavy so it has a good curve when loop with a long FH (and it's my style of attacking) but as I said, It's lack of control when I use my power: if I hit a bit slow, it'll go to the net, if it's too fast and it'll go out (in matches) so I have to change my angle to lower than 45 degree to loop right in the table. Unlike practice, when u go in a match u kinda get a little tense so my natural racket angle is 45 degree and I got miss alot (maybe cuz I'm a bit tall for the table - 1.8m). If you ask how do I know it's about my rubber but not my racket angle. Ok, so here is the story: I played with an experienced man (he's good at techniques but not a very expert about racket or so), he told me to try his racket (I don't remember the brand but it's popular and not butterfly or DHS but it's a ZLC racket costs around $60-110$ and It's light, I think it's only about 80-85 grams with Rakza spin(FH) + Butterfly Tenergy 05(BH)). I tested it with the Butterfly rubber and It's very controllable though it's so amazing that I can get super spinny and fast shots into the table and It also feels very gooooood. And I went back to my racket and play like that but it's not as spinny and speed with control (of course, lol how can my rubber compared to the BT05) so when I went back and check my blade: DHS 301x specs and users' comments again (even though I did it tons of times before buying) to check if I chose the wrong blade or it's about my rubber or it's even about my skill !! But people playing with me in my club even said I have right techniques and I also believe and confident about it too cuz I've played for almost 7 years. I don't have that issue while playing with my brother's racket (before buying this): Butterfly Primorac-FL OFF- with Rozena(FH) and I played very confident with powerful and correct shots, which I can't do with mine now. So I'm kinda confuse right now if i chose the wrong blade (I don't think so) or wrong rubber XD. I've seen some of u guys say this blade suits very well with Chinese sticky rubbers, I really wanna try those, but if I do I'll have to learn the whole techniques again @.@ (change my mind if I'm wrong lol) and I think right now I want a non-sticky rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well if you can play well with the rubbers mentioned you definitly should NOT switch to a chinese style, as long as you want to advance with your technique. A switch like that can set you back several hundred TTR or years in development of your current technique.

So by getting back to propper suggestion i would go to a more controlled and softer ESN rubber. Goldarc is really a really ESN-like rubber but srsly fast. On top you have a flatter arc and a higher throw with it, which is the reason for me to categorize that rubber into a bh rubber. I played it some months a while back and i kinda can feel your problem^^

Suggestions:
  • Tenergy 05/Xiom Vega Pro - more controlled better arc but still on the higher end in terms of speed, the Vega Pro just feels a little different, less feedback and a little number feel but cheaper
  • Tibhar Evolution MX-D - actually pretty hard, goes a bit in the chinese rubber direction, but because of the catapult and high amount of spins it just doesnt feel that hard. Especially great if you loop hard
  • Xiom Vega X - a little more spin and dynamic than with the Vega Pro
  • Hurricane 8-80 (38°) - if you want to play a chinese rubber, this one would suit you more. It is a tacky rubber but with enough speed and bounce that you probably dont have to change your technique here (a lot)

If you want more suggestions or details concerning why they could suit you, we would need to see you play.
Besides that, you could already watch my video (for example) and if you topspins are better and harder or even equal in terms of technique at least you could also think about chinese rubbers, but then my suggestions would totally differ^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

Where is your video ? And maybe I'll record my style of playing when I'm home (maybe Sunday) cuz I'm on holiday. Btw I have trouble pushing balls with my rubber, sometimes I don't use any force and just let it come with a right racket angle but when it bounce to the other table, the ball has a quite high arc. I'm considering Vega X and the Hurrican 8.

This user has no status.
You can find it here.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Loki-rubbers-Arthur-China-GTX-Pro-(inc)/page4

I mean pushing with a Goldarc 8 is really hard by itself. But maybe this technique might help you:
https://youtu.be/Yc9K1U7Jd6U

Besides that a slower rubber makes it easier to receive too.

Just to clarify: DHS has a Hurricane 8 and a Hurricane 8-80 rubber. The hurricane 8 could be fine too but is way slowert than the Goldarc 8, with a lower throw. The 8-80 is like in between those 2 rubber. Equally tacky than the h8 but quite faster and more bouncy.
​​

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021

I meant h8-80 and thanks for the useful information ! Btw I watch the japanese WRM channel alot XD and that video is no reception, I know and apply those techniques in a match but the ball just go a little more high than expected even I don't even put any power on it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
You can find it here.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...Loki-rubbers-Arthur-China-GTX-Pro-(inc)/page4

I mean pushing with a Goldarc 8 is really hard by itself. But maybe this technique might help you:
https://youtu.be/Yc9K1U7Jd6U

Besides that a slower rubber makes it easier to receive too.

Just to clarify: DHS has a Hurricane 8 and a Hurricane 8-80 rubber. The hurricane 8 could be fine too but is way slowert than the Goldarc 8, with a lower throw. The 8-80 is like in between those 2 rubber. Equally tacky than the h8 but quite faster and more bouncy.
​​

Btw, I've heard from a table tennis shop (I usually buy) that the H8-80 is not durable and they said many users of H301(x) buy the 729 battle max pro alot and it's very durable. How's your experience on the H8-80 or have you tried 729 battle max pro yet ?