Should I upgrade to a Nittaku Acoustic?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hello! I'm an intermediate/advanced player, developing looping style. My current setup is:
FH: Rakza Z Extra Hard
BH: Fastarc G-1
Blade: Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
(Note: I feel that the BH combination it's just perfect! I strongly recommend Fastarc G1 with Stratus! )

I'm happy with this setup, but I know it can be better, I was thinking to change to a H301 in the future. But a fellow player from my club offered me a Nittaku Acoustic.
And now I'm in doubt. Because Nittaku Acoustic was my dream blade for many years (I am a musician too, so it hitted hard!). And I wanted to know if Nittaku Acoustic (all wood, with Large Flared Handle) it's better than my actual blade. I know it's a bit more flexy, have better control and feeling and was Ma Long blade of choice for many years.
But I don't know if it's much better than a Stratus (and if it's worth the price), so I'm asking you guys if you tested or used these two blades extensively, can you tell me in which ways they are different and which ways they can improve (or not) my game.

Is the feeling and control of a Nittaku Acoustic that superior than the Stratus?
Will it help me with loop kill shots?
Which of them have a higher throw angle?

Last edited:
Reactions: Equaaz
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Is the feeling and control of a Nittaku Acoustic that superior than the Stratus?
Will it help me with loop kill shots?
Which of them have a higher throw angle?

given the fact that you are a musician - let's just say you play guitar

someone tells you "my guitar plays wonderfully and I want to give/ trade with you". What is the first thing you'd do?
Test it to see if the guitar fits your grip, your finger and most importantly does it connect to you musically?

only YOU can answer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Read 1 reviews
I have used Nittaku Acoustic (89 grams) and I also used Stratus Power Wood (93 grams) briefly. I will compare both with my 93 grams BTY Korbel (the new version, not with the black butterfly tag). I used to have Acoustic LG as well (~93 grams).

SPW
Compared to Korbel, it is a bit thicker thus makes it stiffer. It is also a bit faster than Korbel. The flare handle is quite thick (better than Korbel) but somehow the shape of the head (which is big) combined with the handle make me feel that it does not feel as nice as Korbel (when playing with it). If I have to choose similar blade (compared to Korbel), I would have chosen Xiom Offensive S (instead of SPW). Don't get me wrong, SPW is a good blade, but somehow I don't really like playing with it. It is a subjective feeling though.

Acoustic
On the other hand, compared to Korbel, my Acoustic is thinner thus makes it a bit more flexible. Speed is about the same (probably Acoustic is a bit slower). Regarding feel, it is the best feeling wood blade, second only to Violin. The only bad thing is the FL handle is too small. I once had the LG version (larger version of handle) but somehow being bigger does not make it more comfortable. Long long time ago, I had Acoustic ST, and while it is still considered small, but better than its FL. In term of how remarkable it plays, it is similar to other wood blade (trust me, it all depends on your technique). The good thing about this blade is the feeling, not the speed nor the spin it can produce. Oddly when I first used it, I did not feel anything special (may be I used Violin before and somehow I felt that Violin is a better feeling blade). Only after being left in my drawer for years, suddenly it felt wonderful when I used it again. So it is very subjective.

Speed (slowest to fastest): Acoustic <= Korbel < SPW
Stiffness (less stiff to stiffer): Acoustic < Korbel < SPW
Feeling (worse to best): SPW < Korbel << Acoustic
Handle (small to bigger): Acoustic < Korbel < SPW
LG Handle (small to bigger): Korbel < SPW <= Acoustic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Just in case you do buy Nittaku Acoustic , you’ll also need to consider the handle size, I like the SG Special (says G-Handle on the blade surface). And to give you an idea of what’s the difference between the different handles, standard is flat and thin, large is flat and wide, sg is thicker than both standard and large, but the width is in between the other two.