My new bat

This user has no status.
Had troubles posting photos, so here is the link

Back to carbon blade after over 10 years away from it.
First time trying out a new color rubber.

and noticed I don't have a single ball at home right now to bounce it out (left my gear at the school lol)
Oooooooooooo! Pink!
sure looks like a great one, especially the clean cuts.

Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Had troubles posting photos, so here is the link

Back to carbon blade after over 10 years away from it.
First time trying out a new color rubber.

and noticed I don't have a single ball at home right now to bounce it out (left my gear at the school lol)

Classic

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I thought the Takism was the Pen version of the viscaria - is there a difference?

Not the same. The same handle color might have cause confusion over the years.
Both blades in penhold still exists today.
Takism is a thicker blade and was out earlier than Viscaria. Takism also plays different to Viscaria

Takism Pen in China was nicknamed King of Butterfly.
While later when Viscaria (shake) came out, it was also nicknamed King of Butterfly.
Both being ALC 5+2, so many people confuse the two.

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

what is the most popular chinese style blade from butterfly company? and what are their reasons?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
See how much does your configuration weigh?

176.2grams
I purposely went for a lighter blade (82-84grams and they only had 82 in this range)
and I'm just trying out the pink rubber (Xiom Vega X) which is a lot softer than my primary Stiga DNA Pro H. I gather two rubber difference is maybe 3~5 grams too.

Will see how this light setup plays, might put back 41 deg H3 on fh and/or get a harder bh rubber. Would like it to be around 180~182. Or I might just enjoy the lighter setup and less strain on my aging body/wrist

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018

Not the same. The same handle color might have cause confusion over the years.
Both blades in penhold still exists today.
Takism is a thicker blade and was out earlier than Viscaria. Takism also plays different to Viscaria

Takism Pen in China was nicknamed King of Butterfly.
While later when Viscaria (shake) came out, it was also nicknamed King of Butterfly.
Both being ALC 5+2, so many people confuse the two.

Cool. Thanks for the info

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021

176.2grams
I purposely went for a lighter blade (82-84grams and they only had 82 in this range)
and I'm just trying out the pink rubber (Xiom Vega X) which is a lot softer than my primary Stiga DNA Pro H. I gather two rubber difference is maybe 3~5 grams too.

Will see how this light setup plays, might put back 41 deg H3 on fh and/or get a harder bh rubber. Would like it to be around 180~182. Or I might just enjoy the lighter setup and less strain on my aging body/wrist

thank you, I think I hit it is 174 grams.
what is the most popular chinese style blade from butterfly company? and what are their reasons?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Very curious about how long you stay with 39 deg 😀

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Very curious about how long you stay with 39 deg 😀

well, wanted to give feedback of my first try today, so will answer together with your question.

FH, no problem, easy to play with (don't need so much effort compared to 40 or 41 degree).
My ball goes long obviously (softer fh rubber and carbon blade)

The Vega X is a bit soft for my liking though - got it as I wanted to test out pink and later give it to my daughter (getting her a half size bat)
I'm just playing around for the sake of "exercising", so not really bothered by the bat.
I had Vega Pro before, and it was also too soft for me, so I wasn't surprised with the softness of Vega X.
Even Omega 7 Pro was soft for me :p

I didn't have too much trouble on FH, but BH side, I was hitting way too hard (Cpen RPB) and keep hitting the ball off by a mile.
I was tempted to put H3 37 or H8-80 on backhand too or maybe go for one of the ESN 50-53 deg rubbers.

So Latej, to answer your question, I'm not sure. My other bat has 40 or 41 glued on, 3 weeks old (H3N national bs). This one is H3 prov bs - 1 day old.
I will probably change it over if 39 is still too soft.
But so far, I'm enjoying the fh feel (I didn't put too many layers of booster on, as didn't want to make it too soft).

I will use it to feed multiballs at times, or just have a knock for the sake of exercising.
Have not really been "playing" for a while (as coaching in Asia, i'm not a sparing partner, just only move my mouth and belly becomes bigger, compared to South Africa where I am also a sparing partner, so coaching session is also a workout session). So the body/fitness is no longer the same as before.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.

well, wanted to give feedback of my first try today, so will answer together with your question.

FH, no problem, easy to play with (don't need so much effort compared to 40 or 41 degree).
My ball goes long obviously (softer fh rubber and carbon blade)

The Vega X is a bit soft for my liking though - got it as I wanted to test out pink and later give it to my daughter (getting her a half size bat)
I'm just playing around for the sake of "exercising", so not really bothered by the bat.
I had Vega Pro before, and it was also too soft for me, so I wasn't surprised with the softness of Vega X.
Even Omega 7 Pro was soft for me :p

I didn't have too much trouble on FH, but BH side, I was hitting way too hard (Cpen RPB) and keep hitting the ball off by a mile.
I was tempted to put H3 37 or H8-80 on backhand too or maybe go for one of the ESN 50-53 deg rubbers.

So Latej, to answer your question, I'm not sure. My other bat has 40 or 41 glued on, 3 weeks old (H3N national bs). This one is H3 prov bs - 1 day old.
I will probably change it over if 39 is still too soft.
But so far, I'm enjoying the fh feel (I didn't put too many layers of booster on, as didn't want to make it too soft).

I will use it to feed multiballs at times, or just have a knock for the sake of exercising.
Have not really been "playing" for a while (as coaching in Asia, i'm not a sparing partner, just only move my mouth and belly becomes bigger, compared to South Africa where I am also a sparing partner, so coaching session is also a workout session). So the body/fitness is no longer the same as before.

I like hard rubbers, but dayum!
Vega Pro is too soft for RPB? Are you the hulk?😱

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
very good cutting and I really like the pink Vega X. Perfect choice in my opinion to play but for me the rubber Vega X is very fast without arc

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I like hard rubbers, but dayum!
Vega Pro is too soft for RPB? Are you the hulk?😱

haha, no
I just like the hard sponge, which allows me to add more force into the stroke. BH is a small stroke, but requires perfect body weight transfer and arm movement, then you can give a knock up blow.
but with soft rubbers, your ball missiles out with not enough spin and power.

I'm going to adapt and see if I can make it work for me.
I'm not playing competition, so just want to keep the ball on when I attack.
blocking is easy though, hard rubbers, I need to add power. soft rubbers, passive block is sufficient.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
very good cutting and I really like the pink Vega X. Perfect choice in my opinion to play but for me the rubber Vega X is very fast without arc

Thanks
I've cut way too many rubbers already.
I once saved the cut off pieces. Filled up a big carton box.
Threw it away eventually.

I wanted to get J&H V47.5 pink, but gather X47.5 is better for me (don't get 50.0 in pink.
But X47.5 in pink is not yet in stock. Xiom also has V47.5, so thought if i'm giving the rubber to a 3 year old, a vega x would be better than X47.5 on an autrographed half sized bat. I already put a new MX-S red on one side, and a used MX-S red on the other.

• Wow
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Looks great - can't beat a Viscaria. I am keen to hear how you get on with it - I found mine to be very crisp and a touch slower than I was expecting (a good speed)

same crisp and touch slower as your finding.
I would believe my slower part is due to the light weight.
If I had gone with an 88 gram, then it would then be "correctly paced".

But I don't think I enjoy using 88 grams blades any more.
My last blade - Stiga Intensity NCT, I asked Stiga to find me a 82~84 (they found a 83 for me) from the Swedish warehouse, as I was starting to get wrist injuries from heavier setups.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.

Thanks
I've cut way too many rubbers already.
I once saved the cut off pieces. Filled up a big carton box.
Threw it away eventually.

I wanted to get J&H V47.5 pink, but gather X47.5 is better for me (don't get 50.0 in pink.
But X47.5 in pink is not yet in stock. Xiom also has V47.5, so thought if i'm giving the rubber to a 3 year old, a vega x would be better than X47.5 on an autrographed half sized bat. I already put a new MX-S red on one side, and a used MX-S red on the other.

Your 3 year old uses better rubbers than I do😂