This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 178 1,344
    M
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,344 178

User Info Menu

Aug 2021
    Read 0 Reviews
    Why not cut the rubber to a oversize blade. Then take it off, and it may fit a normal blade just right

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 292 579
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 579 292
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Zhuang
    Why not cut the rubber to a oversize blade. Then take it off, and it may fit a normal blade just right

Because the shrink doesn't happen instantly, and there's no set margin of shrink, one might shrink 2mm, the other one might shrink 1mm or 3mm. Also, it's harder to glue a used rubber perfectly, because the head shape may differ slightly here and there, and I mean the curvature is different rather than the whole size. Also, when taking off glue, there's always a risk of damaging the sponge.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 158 326
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 326 158
    It's also illegal, it would be additional weight, and the rubber will flap around causing more undesired vibrations. The rubber would peel up from the blade much easier too.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 13 148
    T
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 148 13

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews
    anyone experienced unusual durability issue with the C series? After botching the initial glue job, I reglued a C53. I noticed fading of the new rubber shimmer on the spot where I hit after 2 sessions. Don't know if it affects the play (since I am not familiar with this series).

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 122 291
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 291 122

User Info Menu

Just by way of an update I’m now using C48 on both sides and like it very much - it’s the first time I’ve been inclined to use matched rubbers but the combination of feel and tack (which I feel is quite high) just works really well and the C48 is easier to use than the D09C I had on. I have a sheet of C53 to try next on FH buys so far 48 is a good hardness for me on the Virtuoso.

The Following User Likes Wrighty67's Post:

deanrazorbak

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 158 326
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 326 158
    Quote Originally Posted by thom
    anyone experienced unusual durability issue with the C series? After botching the initial glue job, I reglued a C53. I noticed fading of the new rubber shimmer on the spot where I hit after 2 sessions. Don't know if it affects the play (since I am not familiar with this series).

Some teammates have said the same about Donic C2. It gets white spots way too early compared to other sticky rubbers. The C2 topsheet seems very similar to the rasanter C series... Can't imagine why lol

Probably performance is not impacted by this, just looks ugly. Sticky hybrids last quite long, even from ESN.

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 13 148
    T
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 148 13

User Info Menu

Oct 2018
    Canada
    Read 0 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwill

Some teammates have said the same about Donic C2. It gets white spots way too early compared to other sticky rubbers. The C2 topsheet seems very similar to the rasanter C series... Can't imagine why lol

Probably performance is not impacted by this, just looks ugly. Sticky hybrids last quite long, even from ESN.

dragged my finger on the topsheet - it created fainter white marks. Tried that on a H3 and a reg ESN top sheet. White marks were left on both of them but to varying degrees. The topsheet of the C53 seemed extra shinny black to me - don't know if that had anything to do with the permanent white spot. I have a new sheet of S53 and will observe what happens there. In the meanwhile I won't worry about the white mark too much. thanks.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 15 55
    D
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 55 15
    I kind of dislike having that big gap between 48 and 53 in the lineup, they should definitely make 50-degree variants for those, who like to test their skills a bit more, but not World rank <#100.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by damszelfly
    I kind of dislike having that big gap between 48 and 53 in the lineup, they should definitely make 50-degree variants for those, who like to test their skills a bit more, but not World rank <#100.

I’m not sure just how tough C53 is to play, especially with a layer of booster taking it down to 51 or so. I used Dignics 09c for some time which is much harder and found it reasonable to control.

That having been said, I’m pretty happy with 48 on both sides right now.

The Following User Likes Wrighty67's Post:

deanrazorbak

This user has no status.

TTD Member 12 22
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 22 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrighty67

I’m not sure just how tough C53 is to play, especially with a layer of booster taking it down to 51 or so. I used Dignics 09c for some time which is much harder and found it reasonable to control.

That having been said, I’m pretty happy with 48 on both sides right now.

Well I‘m still wondering if we really should boost the cake sponge of ESN and if it brings anything. But there should be a reason why they all boost R53 right?

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deanrazorbak

Well I‘m still wondering if we really should boost the cake sponge of ESN and if it brings anything. But there should be a reason why they all boost R53 right?

Yes, exactly.

I glued a sheet of C53 today so will report back, but initially it did not feel that different to 48 (unboosted)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234