Difference between Joola tables

says Hi, This is my first post. I have observed TTD for...
Sep 2017
Hi,

our club has 5 Joola Duomat tables and want to buy another. The old tables have 22m top the new one is now called Duomat pro and has a 25m top. But there is also a Joola world cup table which also has a 25m top, this table is almost 30% cheaper than a Duomat pro. Both have a 4 wheel per half easy transport carriage) Does anyone know if there is any great difference between how these 2 tables will play ?

Thanks

I don’t know anything about these particular tables but,
If you are getting them for a club I think they should be ITTF approved. This requires 25mm thickness.
But in reality you won’t be able to tell any difference other than looks.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hi,

our club has 5 Joola Duomat tables and want to buy another. The old tables have 22m top the new one is now called Duomat pro and has a 25m top. But there is also a Joola world cup table which also has a 25m top, this table is almost 30% cheaper than a Duomat pro. Both have a 4 wheel per half easy transport carriage) Does anyone know if there is any great difference between how these 2 tables will play ?

Thanks

While I don't know the World Cup table, but in general the difference between tables in the same thickness is the material used to make them. Some are made fully from compressed sawdust + some epoxy, some are made from a few layers of laminated wood then under it there is this compressed sawdust wood.
Of course the tables that have laminated wood are much better.

Some clubs still have those old Stiga Expert tables from the 80s. Those are made fully from laminated wood and every other table pales in comparison to them. They are super heavy too if you ever try to lift one.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

While I don't know the World Cup table, but in general the difference between tables in the same thickness is the material used to make them. Some are made fully from compressed sawdust + some epoxy, some are made from a few layers of laminated wood then under it there is this compressed sawdust wood.

Some clubs still have those old Stiga Expert tables from the 80s. Those are made fully from laminated wood and every other table pales in comparison to them. They are super heavy too if you ever try to lift one.

Zwill, I'm out off topic a bit, but still related. We got some money for 2 tables, what would you recommend? We have Tibhar Allstar 25 tables and they are good, neighbour clubs use Butterfly Octet 25 and Centrefold 25. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Don't feel obliged pls. I'm just interested in your opinion. As well as anybody's else, for that matter... All kind of implicit :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Zwill, I'm out off topic a bit, but still related. We got some money for 2 tables, what would you recommend? We have Tibhar Allstar 25 tables and they are good, neighbour clubs use Butterfly Octet 25 and Centrefold 25. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Don't feel obliged pls. I'm just interested in your opinion. As well as anybody's else, for that matter... All kind of implicit :)

From all the tables I tried I would pick Joola 3000s. They have such a lovely bounce in every situation. I have played on the Centerfold 25, and they are similar. I liked the Joola 3000s better and I guess it is measurably cheaper too.

The other table I really liked was the DHS table that was used in 2019 WC in Budapest. I dunno what is the model name or if it can be purchased at all but that table is superb. The color is a bit of blackish and I don't even know why it felt so good but it sure did.

Just another advice from a different perspective, if you play matches with other clubs pick the table that is either the most common so you are used to it or pick a table that no one uses so on home turf you have an advantage. If your team is struggling you can also pick a ball that is not commonly used. This is a 100% legal way to mess with the opponent on home turf.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

From all the tables I tried I would pick Joola 3000s. They have such a lovely bounce in every situation. I have played on the Centerfold 25, and they are similar. I liked the Joola 3000s better and I guess it is measurably cheaper too.

The other table I really liked was the DHS table that was used in 2019 WC in Budapest. I dunno what is the model name or if it can be purchased at all but that table is superb. The color is a bit of blackish and I don't even know why it felt so good but it sure did.

Just another advice from a different perspective, if you play matches with other clubs pick the table that is either the most common so you are used to it or pick a table that no one uses so on home turf you have an advantage. If your team is struggling you can also pick a ball that is not commonly used. This is a 100% legal way to mess with the opponent on home turf.

Great. We use Tibhar balls, most other clubs use those blue Joolas. ((I don't mind. Even DHS balls, a bit harder, is fine for me.)) Tables: The Joola 3000s - MANY thanks for the tip - still they are a bit over budget now (I'll try other shop later) - and if you look at them, it seems you can't quite transport 1 half separately - not an advantage for me. The Butterfly Centrefold 25 - actually also over budget :), but at least you can transport them separately. I'm now torn between the Tibhar again or the Octet 25. Any experience or warnings against the Octet 25?

And. Thanks. Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Great. We use Tibhar balls, most other clubs use those blue Joolas. ((I don't mind. Even DHS balls, a bit harder, is fine for me.)) Tables: The Joola 3000s - MANY thanks for the tip - still they are a bit over budget now (I'll try other shop later) - and if you look at them, it seems you can't quite transport 1 half separately - not an advantage for me. The Butterfly Centrefold 25 - actually also over budget :), but at least you can transport them separately. I'm now torn between the Tibhar again or the Octet 25. Any experience or warnings against the Octet 25?

And. Thanks. Cheers.

I have nothing against the Octet 25. It is top table too. If you can manage it then get it.

For absolute bang for buck there is Sponeta. I always recommend Sponeta if price is a concern. They make good tables for probably the best price in the class.

Did you use to have the Artis Dominators in Chech Rep too? They were used a lot here. Those were not Stiga Expert level tables but quite close. It's a shame they got scrapped and not re-furbished. They would also kick most recent table's ass to be honest.

Reactions: latej
Sep 2017

Thanks. I have written to Joola and local distributor to ask what the difference is but no reply. Don't want to spend more than necessary but probably best to go for the more expensive Duomat pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
If it has an ITTF certificate, it is probably the same top with a different folding system as in the Butterfly tables. Butterfly offers many tables with the ITTF certificate with the same top, each with a different folding system and each with a different price. Just make sure the table You are buying has ITTF certificate, 25 mm is a standard nowadays. Personally, I would not go below 25 mm when buying a new table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
There are actually not that many different manufacturers. Joola tables are unique but many other brands' tables are just Sponeta tables with a different label. Some of Andro, Butterfly etc...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
22 could also be ITTF approved. But I agree I would go with 25 too.

World Cup is an older table. Duomat Pro has the new logos etc.
Seems like Joola is phasing out some old tables (expiry date on ITTF approved table list at 31 Dec 2024)
So I would go with a newer model.

Some times, shopping for ITTF approved stuff - always go and check the expiry dates.

Sep 2017
22 could also be ITTF approved. But I agree I would go with 25 too.

World Cup is an older table. Duomat Pro has the new logos etc.
Seems like Joola is phasing out some old tables (expiry date on ITTF approved table list at 31 Dec 2024)
So I would go with a newer model.

Some times, shopping for ITTF approved stuff - always go and check the expiry dates.

Yes thanks. Both tables are ITTF approved. ArturS is probably correct, price difference may be down the the undercarriage rather than the top.

I will post again if i hear back from Joola or distributor.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Yes thanks. Both tables are ITTF approved. ArturS is probably correct, price difference may be down the the undercarriage rather than the top.

I will post again if i hear back from Joola or distributor.

Not sure if I wasn't clear last time.
since world cup (which I own one) is still the old logo. The chance of it getting expired will be higher than say Duomat Pro for example.

So other than the same top and different undercarriage, you may want to factor in that you could have an non ittf approved table say in 5 years time

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
By referring to the ITTF - equipment website, all JOOLA tables that have an expiry date lose their approval at 31st December of 2024 so basically You can use them since 2025. I don't know if this approval can be renewed, probably yes.

Sep 2017

Not sure if I wasn't clear last time.
since world cup (which I own one) is still the old logo. The chance of it getting expired will be higher than say Duomat Pro for example.

So other than the same top and different undercarriage, you may want to factor in that you could have an non ittf approved table say in 5 years time

Thanks Tony, yes i did understand about approval expiry.