Opinions on my setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The "Dig' is a new technique to me.

If you have the money to go with Xiom Sigma 2 Euro, just go for Xiom Vega Pro or Vega Euro.

You got a very fast blade, maybe not a wise decision if you are still in the beginner stages.
You would enjoy the rubbers more if your blades was a lot slower

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
The "Dig' is a new technique to me.

If you have the money to go with Xiom Sigma 2 Euro, just go for Xiom Vega Pro or Vega Euro.

You got a very fast blade, maybe not a wise decision if you are still in the beginner stages.
You would enjoy the rubbers more if your blades was a lot slower
Yeah. A slower blade helps significantly. Anything above 39 degree H3 OS is unacceptable for beginners IMO.

BTW if a lot of my topspin shots go out of the table, I should change to a higher hardness? Or am I getting the wrong information. Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yeah. A slower blade helps significantly. Anything above 39 degree H3 OS is unacceptable for beginners IMO.

BTW if a lot of my topspin shots go out of the table, I should change to a higher hardness? Or am I getting the wrong information. Thanks!

DHS Hurricane rubbers requires a different brushing technique/stroke compared to softer Euro/Japanese rubbers.\
There is a lot more body and forward action involved, than just arm movement.

I would need to see you in action to understand, how you are hitting the shots off. Is there any spin on the ball?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

PingBirdPong, it seems that you went from giving advice to the OP in the first sentence, to asking a question for yourself in the second.

DHS Hurricane rubbers requires a different brushing technique/stroke compared to softer Euro/Japanese rubbers.\There is a lot more body and forward action involved, than just arm movement.I would need to see you in action to understand, how you are hitting the shots off. Is there any spin on the ball?

Since this thread still has the OP asking questions he needs help with, I am going to request that, PBP, if you want to ask the question you asked in your second sentence, you ask in a thread of your own. And, Tony, or anyone else, please don't answer that question in this thread. I would rather the OP get sorted out before the thread gets hijacked by questions other people have about their equipment.

There is a time and a place for thread hijacking. But, lets at least wait till the OP seems to feel his questions are answered before muddying the waters.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingBirdPong