T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 4,224 2,824

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews
    The "Dig' is a new technique to me.

If you have the money to go with Xiom Sigma 2 Euro, just go for Xiom Vega Pro or Vega Euro.

You got a very fast blade, maybe not a wise decision if you are still in the beginner stages.
    You would enjoy the rubbers more if your blades was a lot slower

The Following User Likes Tony's Table Tennis's Post:

UpSideDownCarl

TTT

says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Senior TTD Member 375 691
    says Verified Cheater, Banned by ITTF :)

Senior TTD Member 691 375
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis
    The "Dig' is a new technique to me.

If you have the money to go with Xiom Sigma 2 Euro, just go for Xiom Vega Pro or Vega Euro.

You got a very fast blade, maybe not a wise decision if you are still in the beginner stages.
    You would enjoy the rubbers more if your blades was a lot slower
    Yeah. A slower blade helps significantly. Anything above 39 degree H3 OS is unacceptable for beginners IMO.

BTW if a lot of my topspin shots go out of the table, I should change to a higher hardness? Or am I getting the wrong information. Thanks!

Achieve your dreams, or die trying.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 2,824 4,224
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 4,224 2,824

User Info Menu

Sep 2013
    South Africa
    Read 3 Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong
    Yeah. A slower blade helps significantly. Anything above 39 degree H3 OS is unacceptable for beginners IMO.

BTW if a lot of my topspin shots go out of the table, I should change to a higher hardness? Or am I getting the wrong information. Thanks!

DHS Hurricane rubbers requires a different brushing technique/stroke compared to softer Euro/Japanese rubbers.\
    There is a lot more body and forward action involved, than just arm movement.

I would need to see you in action to understand, how you are hitting the shots off. Is there any spin on the ball?

TTT

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 16,628 15,184
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,184 16,628
    Quote Originally Posted by PingBirdPong

PingBirdPong, it seems that you went from giving advice to the OP in the first sentence, to asking a question for yourself in the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony's Table Tennis

DHS Hurricane rubbers requires a different brushing technique/stroke compared to softer Euro/Japanese rubbers.\There is a lot more body and forward action involved, than just arm movement.I would need to see you in action to understand, how you are hitting the shots off. Is there any spin on the ball?

Since this thread still has the OP asking questions he needs help with, I am going to request that, PBP, if you want to ask the question you asked in your second sentence, you ask in a thread of your own. And, Tony, or anyone else, please don't answer that question in this thread. I would rather the OP get sorted out before the thread gets hijacked by questions other people have about their equipment.

There is a time and a place for thread hijacking. But, lets at least wait till the OP seems to feel his questions are answered before muddying the waters.

The Following User Likes UpSideDownCarl's Post:

PingBirdPong

Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 06-18-2022 at 04:41 PM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12