Where to play in London?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I'm going to be staying near University College London WC1E from 2 - 9 July and would like to play at some clubs if possible. Any recommendations?

And if any forum members are interested in meeting up to play that would be great. I'm a fairly decent club-level player, rated usatt 1950.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Hi BRS,

Here is a list of all clubs in the Central London league. Table Tennis Fight club should be within walking distance.
https://www.tabletennis365.com/centrallondon/Clubs

If you're not afraid of travelling just a little outside London and free on Tuesday or Wednesday evening, feel free to come to my club St Michaels TTC in St Albans (which is just 20 min by direct fast train from St Pancras). We're open 19:30-21:30. Just ask for Vadym when you get there.
https://www.tabletennis365.com/StMichaelsTTC/Location

Reactions: IB66

NDH

says Spin to win!
I'm going to be staying near University College London WC1E from 2 - 9 July and would like to play at some clubs if possible. Any recommendations?

And if any forum members are interested in meeting up to play that would be great. I'm a fairly decent club-level player, rated usatt 1950.
Welcome to London (in advance!)

With it being “out of season”, it’s worth contacting the clubs in advance, just to make sure they’ll be open.

I’d happily meet up, but I’m about an hour north of London (If you didn’t mind coming up, I’m more than happy to look at options!)

says Hi, This is my first post. I have observed TTD for...
Sep 2017

Hi Brs,

if you are staying close to Tottenham Court rd underground station (7 mins walk from the Uni) then the new Queen Elizabeth rail line takes 24 minutes to get to our club. The main club is open Tues & Wed from 7.00pm, but we also have another venue that we can use 7 days a week. So sure we can fit you in for one or more sessions if you want. Let me know if interested.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

Hi Brs,

if you are staying close to Tottenham Court rd underground station (7 mins walk from the Uni) then the new Queen Elizabeth rail line takes 24 minutes to get to our club. The main club is open Tues & Wed from 7.00pm, but we also have another venue that we can use 7 days a week. So sure we can fit you in for one or more sessions if you want. Let me know if interested.

Which club is that?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Thanks guys, all of those sound fun and very possible. I'll pm each of you for details.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Just to close out this thread --

I had a really good time at vvk1's club St Michaels TTC in St Alban's. While there I learned of some cool touristy stuff in St Alban's as well. An Abbey and Cathedral, roman ruins, and the oldest pub in Britain (1230 years !?!?!). I had no idea and will not get to see it this trip. So that could make for a fun day out with evening TT. It is a long journey from central London so be prepared for that if you go. Many thanks to vvk1 and IB66 for the meetup, and the other nice people I played for being so welcoming.

And last weekend I went to the grand opening of a new club, Eli Baraty's ebaTT in Brent Cross. It's also a haul from zone 1, but a great club environment. Not big, because space is tight in the city, but some very strong players. It's a fulltime coaching/training environment as well. So that's a nice variation to more casual local clubs. Both are great, just depends what you are looking for.

That's all the TT I have time for here. But it's okay, on Sunday I head to the B75 camp for 19 days. If RyanAir gets me to Denmark that is, air travel seems to be kind of a crapshoot in Europe atm. Hopefully my flight comes up 7 or 11.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Just to close out this thread --

I had a really good time at vvk1's club St Michaels TTC in St Alban's. While there I learned of some cool touristy stuff in St Alban's as well. An Abbey and Cathedral, roman ruins, and the oldest pub in Britain (1230 years !?!?!). I had no idea and will not get to see it this trip. So that could make for a fun day out with evening TT. It is a long journey from central London so be prepared for that if you go. Many thanks to vvk1 and IB66 for the meetup, and the other nice people I played for being so welcoming.

And last weekend I went to the grand opening of a new club, Eli Baraty's ebaTT in Brent Cross. It's also a haul from zone 1, but a great club environment. Not big, because space is tight in the city, but some very strong players. It's a fulltime coaching/training environment as well. So that's a nice variation to more casual local clubs. Both are great, just depends what you are looking for.

That's all the TT I have time for here. But it's okay, on Sunday I head to the B75 camp for 19 days. If RyanAir gets me to Denmark that is, air travel seems to be kind of a crapshoot in Europe atm. Hopefully my flight comes up 7 or 11.

I'm glad you had a good time at our club (luckily it wasn't too busy that evening). Hope IB66 did too. We're a small club so it was great to meet and play other forum members.

P.S.: My apologies for not mentioning more explicitly the various tourist and drinking attractions in St Albans :)

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, great night last night!! Enjoyed it a lot!! Nice to meet up with Brs

vvk1 had to prize us off the tables at the end of the evening, literally took the nets down as we were playing!!

St Albans is a very historic City, and yeah, next time come for a whole day Brs, visit the sites, grab some food and beers in what’s reputed to be ‘the oldest’ ( or one of the oldest ) pub in the UK, then off to play some TT
( after Brs has been over fed and bloated out on a few beers I might be able to take an end or 2 off of him !!!)😀

Cheers to vvk1 as well!!!

Brs , have a great time in Denmark.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Hi guys, I knew about this thread a while back, and bookmarked it since I'd soon find myself in the same position as BrS - I'm hesitant to create a new thread so I'll just post here. I'll be in London for the first 2 weeks of August and am looking for a place to play/train.

Preferably, I'd like to join with somebody on a similar level or higher to train as regularly as possible, but anything goes for playing. I'm a Brit but never actually played table tennis competitively while I lived in the UK so I don't really know what the system is like for determining a player's level but here are some clips of me training (1) (2) and playing recently

I took the recommendation from an answer above and already booked a session at Ebatt on the 5th Aug afternoon to play with a friend. Other than that, I'd like to find more places within London

Last edited:
Sep 2017
Hi guys, I knew about this thread a while back, and bookmarked it since I'd soon find myself in the same position as BrS - I'm hesitant to create a new thread so I'll just post here. I'll be in London for the first 2 weeks of August and am looking for a place to play/train.

Preferably, I'd like to join with somebody on a similar level or higher to train as regularly as possible, but anything goes for playing. I'm a Brit but never actually played table tennis competitively while I lived in the UK so I don't really know what the system is like for determining a player's level but here are some clips of me training (1) (2) and playing recently

I took the recommendation from an answer above and already booked a session at Ebatt on the 5th Aug afternoon to play with a friend. Other than that, I'd like to find more places within London

What area are you staying in ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I'm going to move along the Elizabeth Line actually, going East to West crashing at one friend's place after another :D I'm willing to travel as far as the Tube reaches

If you're up for it, we could have a practice session at the Barnet Table Tennis Centre (https://bttc.co.uk/about-bttc/how-to-get-to-bttc/) on Friday 12th or Saturday 13th evening (19:30 - onwards).

BTTC is just a 10 minutes walk from High Barnet underground station which is the last station on the Barnet branch of the Northern Line.

Friday evenings tend to be a bit busy, Saturday evening might be a better option.

Last edited:
Reactions: famanson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022

If you're up for it, we could have a practice session at the Barnet Table Tennis Centre (https://bttc.co.uk/about-bttc/how-to-get-to-bttc/) on Friday 12th or Saturday 13th evening (19:30 - onwards).

BTTC is just a 10 minutes walk from High Barnet underground station which is the last station on the Barnet branch of the Northern Line.

Friday evenings tend to be a bit busy, Saturday evening might be a better option.

Thanks! I'll try and see if we can fit a Saturday session in :D