Looking for a new rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hello,
I have played for half a year with my Timo Boll Alc and Tenergy 05 and I could say that this classic combination is a good one, of course. However, I am missing something from that tenergy. I have played before with Andro Rasanter r48/47, but for that time (0.5 - 1y) my game have developed a lot and cannot actually compare the rubbers. I find my short game for inaccurate and my sensitivity to spin is higher. As I know, this is expected from T05. My game is looping everything from both side, but if the rubber allows playing from medium distance to the table it will be a plus. So I am looking for something new with a medium throw angle compared to T05, which is a high one. I can get a good price for stuff from Andro, but actually cannot decide which one from R-series would suit for me. Another option is something from Victas, like V>15 extra, or V>20 (is this a tacky one?). And maybe something from Tibhar Evolution Series. What would be best for my Timo Boll Alc?

Any thoughts would be appreciated,
Best Regards

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have a TB ALC too. I have had R48 mounted on it for at least 6 months, probably a year. It is a good rubber. I just prefer Raksa 7 it is just a tad slower than R48 ( that is an opinion, I am not a calibrated machine ). I like the higher spin to speed ratio of Rakza 7 and since I don't play back from the table, I don't need a fast rubber. If you have only been playing for a year then I bet you are not playing back from the table either.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Rakza 7 is indeed a good option.
Tenergy is maybe just way too many gears for you, since you already have a fast blade.
fast blade + fast rubbers and coming from tennis background, is not the same as table tennis is a big no no.
so go something slower (compared to T05) and once you happy, you can always go back to T05.

Rakza 7 is good enough to play away from table, especially with your fast blade.