Questions to glueing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hello,

i have two questions more or less about frictonless anti:

1. How do i seperat a topsheet from a sponge?

2. How do i glue a frictonless anti so that i can seperate him againg from the wood, without damage at the topsheet?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm not sure about 1. and doing so without damaging the pips.

for 2. I'm too young to know how they glue top sheets onto sponge (729 era).
I had a couple sheets before and failed with it. I throw them away, as a new 729 is very cheap and really not worth my time to deal with pips coming loose from the sponge.

I would imagine, your failure rate of pip to blade will be even more higher, especially when some pips are coming loose or glue contact isn't strong enough....
Rather suggest you try and get the thinnest sponge, then to attempt the above would could jeopardize the quality of the product.

I'm also eager to see if there is any old school players that had a lot more hands on experience here and something I can learn too!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
okay so i guess i need a new topsheet everytime i need a new sponge?

i am still
unsure how to even separate it from each other

This user has no status.
That’s how you have to glue a frictionless anti. Don’t forget to seal your blade. To take it off use a knife or something like that under it and step by step it will come off. That must be thin to pass between the blade and the rubber. Don’t rush to not damage the fragile sponge and topsheet

Last edited:
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
[size=+2]All the sandwich rubbers of recent batches proved too hard to disunite, since using an advanced glueing process known as "thermo pressing conjuction". Was it done on purpose? Quite maybe ...[/size]

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

To separate Topsheet from sponge..

I've tried the following ONLY for Long Pips, and it has worked for me almost every single time, and without causing any damage to either the topsheet or the sponge ..

What you need to do: use a large thin towel or handkerchief, put the top sheet side facing down on top of the towel/hanky, sponge facing up, cover the sponge with the towe .. It's better if the cloth is a bit wet, place a hot steaming iron on one of the corners, any corner will do for minutes until the cloth is dry. Open the cloth and check to see if the sponge and top sheet is slightly separate, try to peel at that hot corner. If it didn't, continue. If it did, even if it is slightly, you are in luck. Be patient, try to steam and peel little by little. You'll known when to iron steam the whole sheet to peel the whole thing off. At times, I'll place the hot iron on the entire sponge, not just the corners..

For more stubborn glued sheets, I will use the above, in combination with acetone..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
okay thank you very much for the videos and the tips to seperate it.

I will try it out :)