DHS Hurricane hardness

This user has no status.
Hardness of the 4 classic DHS topsheet:
H2>TG2>H3>TG3

With the same sponge hardness, a TG2 feels harder and requires more impact than a H3.

TG3 performa better than H3 in some aspects such as feeling, speed and linearity.

The harder the topsheet, the better in short game and higher spin potential.

So are you saying that TG3 is doing better than H3 if someone knows how to perform it nicely?

This user has no status.

G-1 is one of the 4 hardness.....

You question is that asking if H3 38deg has 4 hardness.... 38 is one of the many hardness, just like G-1 is.
You are welcome to go check Nittaku Fastarc website to read about it

I did go there and saw it after your comments.

But i only asked about DHS Hurricane 3 Hardness, i never mentioned any hardness number, i just gave examples like H39 H41 but never asked about a specific hardness, so i asked generally about what the hardness is then i ask about which one to choose based on the definition or explanation, but i got corrected after all.

This user has no status.

I do not understand exactly ... what link to what?

Link about what you commented about that player:

"yes, europe is much more for tensor or esn, one player from the 1st league in the czech republic, elnino plays with H3 Provincial orange sponge, he is a defender."

This user has no status.
I am now kind of thinking about Nittaku G-1 more than DHS H3, but i found H3 standard one cheaper, much cheaper like i can buy 2 rubbers in price of one Fastarc G-1, but now of one previous comment here i am thinking about TG3 rubber, sounds i can have options, if there are even more options you know and good prices like $40 or less only [not more] then i would be interested in, but for now i think DHS H3 and G-1 [and now TG3 too] will be on my radar again.

This user has no status.

"yes, europe is much more for tensor or esn, one player from the 1st league in the czech republic, elnino plays with H3 Provincial orange sponge, he is a defender."

a link to this player is not possible, the information is only in the Czech language at the Czech Table Tennis Association.
Here is his balance Krystof Prida

Last edited:
This user has no status.

a link to this player is not possible, the information is only in the Czech language at the Czech Table Tennis Association.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

We have 2 choppers in our team.
We busy looking for new blades for them, and to get them provincial H3 for FH too.
one uses commercial 39 H3, the other uses commericial H8
both lack acceleration on Def blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am now kind of thinking about Nittaku G-1 more than DHS H3, but i found H3 standard one cheaper, much cheaper like i can buy 2 rubbers in price of one Fastarc G-1, but now of one previous comment here i am thinking about TG3 rubber, sounds i can have options, if there are even more options you know and good prices like $40 or less only [not more] then i would be interested in, but for now i think DHS H3 and G-1 [and now TG3 too] will be on my radar again.

In the world of EJ, you need to use it all and you can tell us what is best for you

This user has no status.

In the world of EJ, you need to use it all and you can tell us what is best for you

No TG3 yet so this is out of list of test.

I tested only 2 H3 rubbers, one from a stolen racket and that was amazing rubber, and one i am using now but it is almost like normal not super or amazing as the other H3, waiting for the other H3 to be boosted and giving it a test, then also waiting the Provincial H3 and test that too and then i can give a better judgment or impression.

For G-1, i have it on a so cheap blade, so i can't judge the rubber fair enough, i played with it for like 3 times, it delivers that kaboom smash, but more than that i didn't test much yet, i mean far from table it isn't that linear as with T05 or H3 first one i played with, it is not thick sponge so maybe it suits for close to the table which is nice, more than that i can't speak, and maybe i won't use the racket much as it has a LP that it didn't suit my style, or it didn't work as i expected.

I came here to ask as i see those forums are full of experts and testers, so now i should be a tester myself to gain experience?!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

So are you saying that TG3 is doing better than H3 if someone knows how to perform it nicely?

With the same hardness and colour of sponge, TG3 is faster and has better feeling than H3. Due to the softer topsheet the ball sinks deeper into TG3 than H3, hence better feeling.

The harder topsheet of H3 means higher spin potential.

Reactions: Marc
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
This user has no status.
With the same hardness and colour of sponge, TG3 is faster and has better feeling than H3. Due to the softer topsheet the ball sinks deeper into TG3 than H3, hence better feeling.

The harder topsheet of H3 means higher spin potential.

Ok, i like that more, in fact what you describe is almost same of what i face with that used H3 stolen from me, dunno which version of H3 really, that is why i mentioned earlier when i said that one player told me while i was do forehand practice with his that is is "Catchy", i think he means the ball sink and return always on the table, so if that topsheet is softer then i like to use that, i can think doing a lot by that, thank you very much

This user has no status.
modern defenders have long stopped using defensive blades.
Sato for example uses:

https://tabletennis-reference.com/racket/detail/796
Dignics 09C on FH

and STIGA Vertical 55 on BH

WOW, this blade could be the answer for me, as i was using a borrowed club racket which is Yasaka Max Wood that has 7ply wood and LP rubber, i was playing nicely with it until i returned it back, so either i buy that blade again for myself or try this as i can feel it is the same or even better for me to use in defensive, but then i have to think more about which LP rubber, also which FH rubber, could be H3 NEO again or anything.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
modern defenders have long stopped using defensive blades.
Sato for example uses:

https://tabletennis-reference.com/racket/detail/796
Dignics 09C on FH

and STIGA Vertical 55 on BH

They still do when you training them, remember I'm talking about 15 year old girls.
Its only forum member who you start off with OFFFF+++++ carbon.
In pro training systems, we still follow a progress of technique first, before equipment adjustments.

You can't train def shots on too fast of a blade, or maybe in your side one the world you do?

In Asian system, you normally have the elementary of 4~5 years, junior high of 3, and senior high of 3.
So by the time the player is 18 years old, there is over 10 years of training of 30-40 hours per week, 50 weeks a year (tournaments are actually holiday time for players).
You won't see much fast blades in the elementary of 4~5
males will adapt to OFF+ more earlier in junior high, while females a bit later in junior.

The one chopper has been with us for over 2 years already (joins few time a week while still at junior high), and 2 years ago, she was a pure classic chopper.
The FH was worked on and she is able to play a full court forehand game. Her FH loop is very strong - can take out most of the forum members here, but we want to plan her for national team quality. For U19 level, that is top 100 U19 in the world.

She uses a Victas def blade with H3 comm and Victas LP

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Tony's Table Tennis;373654

They still do when you training them, remember I'm talking about 15 year old girls............

Other countries other customs. Here we do absolutely nothing with 15 year old girls 😁

To all the other comments I of course agree.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Tony's Table Tennis;373654[/p]

They still do when you training them, remember I'm talking about 15 year old girls............

Other countries other customs. Here we do absolutely nothing with 15 year old girls 😁

To all the other comments I of course agree.

Hi there old master Lodro, you are such a frequent poster, that I've put myself on a mission to teach you to properly quote the replies. This will be my ever lasting contribution to humanity. Or at least until you write your will (Rico we go 50/50 on those H3s, ok?).

So, the problem is. Tony writes a long message, and you want to reply only to a part of it. You press reply, go there, press enter to start your line, but you still remain in quoted part, which of course is stupid. But it is so. You need to start editing the reply in the "source" mode. It is not hard, you'll manage. So press the <source> button, the button on the very right side. There is only 1 button. Then you'll see the text in the source mode, you can remove parts of Tony's message, while keeping his message inside these 2 tags:

[ quote="Tony's Table Tennis;373654" ]
and
[ / quote ]

Put your own text outside those tags. Now please reply to my message using this. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis