Back to Forum
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 43 146
    H
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 146 43
    Quote Originally Posted by latej
    Harty, I'm getting a bit off-topic. You have a good offer for H3 Neo commercial H40 and H41 (I wouldn't mind non-Neo, but that is sold out). Anyway, the available thickness is 2.1, 2.15, 2.2. Question for me is, should I take 2.15 or 2.2. Don't get me wrong, I don't care much about the thickness, and difference at all. My reasoning is this: the 2.15 exists, so that when you boost, you'll still be officially inside the allowed total thickness. The 2.2, you probably might get over the allowed total thickness. In my case, regional czech (KP1, now KP2), nobody gives a s..., but I am after the quality. Can it be, that due to this "being officially OK", the 2.15 quality is a bit higher than 2.2, or is it non-sense, and the quality doesn't have anything to do with it?

Attention! thickness measurement includes glue.
    I admit, I never measured it, even though I used a booster.
    Personally, I prefer a thickness of 2.1 mm.
    When China wakes up ... the goods will be in stock again ...😠

dhs-729.eu

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 297 495
    L
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 495 297
    Quote Originally Posted by harty
    Attention! thickness measurement includes glue.
    I admit, I never measured it, even though I used a booster.
    Personally, I prefer a thickness of 2.1 mm.
    When China wakes up ... the goods will be in stock again ...😠
    That's good.

If you take 3 rubbers, which only vary in thickness (say H3 comm. H41 black, in 3 thicknesses, 2.1, 2.15, 2.2), is the quality of the rubbers always the same, independent on the thickness? Would you say the top-sheets look always the same?

I know this is a strange question, the reasons are outlined in prev. message.

This user has no status.

H
    This user has no status.

That's good.

If you take 3 rubbers, which only vary in thickness (say H3 comm. H41 black, in 3 thicknesses, 2.1, 2.15, 2.2), is the quality of the rubbers always the same, independent on the thickness? Would you say the top-sheets look always the same?

Yes, the topsheet is the same, good quality. The difference is a bit between black and red, but it's a subjective feeling, it is generally said that a black topsheet is "softer".

dhs-729.eu

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 111 1,011
    T
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,011 111
    And my attention!

The new rubber just arrived and delivered to me today 1 hour ago or so, it is DHS H3 Prov NEO H40 2.1mm, i don't know how much i can trust the sellers and stores, but i will go with that, now i will boost it by a coach as i think it might be better that way than unboosted, when i go to the club soon i will take back the other racket where it has a boosted rubber and give it a try although two different rubbers and blades, but who knows, i am not that much difficult to adjust to the differences anyway, i used to play with 05/05FX/80/64FX/Rakza 9 and 7 soft, so i got used to many different rubbers and i have robots, and with playing or practice here and there i don't think i will see i huge difference between H39 2.15mm and H40 2.1mm.

This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 111 1,011
    T
    This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member 1,011 111
    Unfortunetly, i went yesterday to the clubs carrying my stuff such as the new DHS H3 BS and the Cypershape blade, and my other blade i gave for glue wasn't there because the coach [second one] wasn't there, and then i talked with the main superior coach and he mentioned few things, one of those things is that boosting will go away in several days or few weeks because it will evaporate so it needs to be reboosted all the time again and again, this is not good to me as i hate to keep returning the racket to them to re-boost it for me, in this case should i leave it unboosed or should i just boost and then let it finish and continue when the effect is gone!!!

My friend who i used to play with has a last match with me, so i put all my skills and fight on that so she will travel and leave remembering it, i won with my second best blade that has the commercial standard H3 unboosted rubber on it, and i gave her my best racket, Long 5X but with almost or dead rubber, she played nicely with this over her blade anyway, but i didn't gave her any chance to overpower me, so the rubber served me ok, i really can't wait to try the other two including the Prov BS.

This user has no status.

H
    This user has no status.

That's good.

the quality is the same, the thickness is different, but never exceeds 4 mm.

The Following User Likes harty's Post:

latej

dhs-729.eu

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567