Storing rubbers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
How well would my Fastarc G1 play if I left it in the packet a few months after buying and then put it on a blade?

While I reckon it wouldn’t lose its grip, I have heard that ‘tensor’ rubbers lose their juice and trampoline effect if left in the packet, however I know the fastarc g1 has less of a trampoline effect than others and may be less affected by this.

Equally, it is likely that the rubber will have sat in storage for a while before being sold to me and leaving it longer may not make a difference.

Chinese rubbers are ok to store for a while, do you think fastarc g1 would be?

Thank you for any help you can provide

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have played well with Japanese and Euro rubbers that have been in their original packing for over a decade.

Some players like to take out their rubber and place it on the dashboard of their car under the windshield mid day for 4 hours... some say that amount of time is just right for the grip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
I have played well with Japanese and Euro rubbers that have been in their original packing for over a decade.

Some players like to take out their rubber and place it on the dashboard of their car under the windshield mid day for 4 hours... some say that amount of time is just right for the grip.

Great, thanks

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

thanks Der, this gives me hope for the stack of H3s and Lokis that rest in a dark cupboard .
I hope to live long enough to use them all up 😁

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

as long as i can play , I will play.
After that , frankly, I won't give a damn.
Happy to put the in my last will for you 😂

Here we go again somebody surely could fix this website. ANYBODY OUT THERE ??????

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 charact
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.eThe message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.rs.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Reactions: ricospin
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
How well would my Fastarc G1 play if I left it in the packet a few months after buying and then put it on a blade?

I've bought a stack of G1, back when I hadn't experienced how durable it is, anticipating a much higher replacement pace. And from that stack, I've used a few slabs on backup blades, and also when I destroyed a sheet by grazing the table corner.

They play well. The G1 abides.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

The smell of someone not using H3 quick enough lol.
I normally wrap them to avoid stink.

place them next to an air purifier, the voc reading goes off the chart and waste my power bill.

I just place an opened can of tuna next to my stash so i never smell the rubber 😁

Alas you are correct, now that I have befriended Rxton 5 I use H3 less often and I really might have to
include them in my testament

says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
says The trick to lose the sight of big picture is to focus...
Aug 2013
Read 3 reviews

#TilltheWheelsfallOff