Forehand Sp blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Is harimoto alc, stiga carbonaido 190, boll alc and Falck carbon good blades for short pips on forehand?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Hi Slow, for my short pips FH I prefer a fast 7-ply wood blade.
Nitaku Barwell is the best for me.
cheers

This user has no status.
Hi Slow, for my short pips FH I prefer a fast 7-ply wood blade.
Nitaku Barwell is the best for me.
cheers

Barwell is 7 ply non carbon? Because i have Barwell Fleet which is 9 ply with 2 carbon, so different then

I used a blade from a club i stolen for a while before i returned it back, it is a 7-ply wood [Yasaka Max Wood], it has LP which i used for BH, it was amazing for me [but FH rubber which is Stiga Calibra LT Spin wasn't good], so i feel like i want to buy a 7-ply wood blade for any LP i will choose, i tried one LP on a Chinese cheap 5-ply wood and it wasn't good, so either that LP rubber isn't good or the blade isn't good or both, also i have LP with sponge [i think 1.0mm] on a defensive blade and it is also not good, all of them are slow and i must play close to the table only and can't attack nicely as i did with that Max Wood racket.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017

Barwell is 7 ply non carbon? Because i have Barwell Fleet which is 9 ply with 2 carbon, so different then

Yes, Barwell is an all wood blade. I played with Barwell Fleet for some months then I switched to the classic Barwell. I suddenly earned more solid hits and blocks, less spin sensitiveness. I tried a pletora of carbon-wood blades but every time I came back to Nittaku Barwell.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: TareqPhoto
This user has no status.
Yes, Barwell is an all wood blade. I played with Barwell Fleet for some months then I switched to the classic Barwell. I suddenly earned more solid hits and blocks, less spin sensitiveness. I tried a pletora of carbon-wood blades but every time I came back to Nittaku Barwell.

Hope this helps.

It helps!

Well, in this case i should sell my Barwell Fleet blade then, it is also a ST handle which is not my favorite, i bought it long time ago and never used it, only because of reviews i bought it, but when i got DHS Hao 3 and then Long 5X i really don't need this fast blade anymore, i don't know what it can do for me different, i want to have a blade for control and defensive more anyway, so if that Barwell all wood is the one as you recommend then let it be.

Thank you 👍

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017

It helps!

Well, in this case i should sell my Barwell Fleet blade then, it is also a ST handle which is not my favorite, i bought it long time ago and never used it, only because of reviews i bought it, but when i got DHS Hao 3 and then Long 5X i really don't need this fast blade anymore, i don't know what it can do for me different, i want to have a blade for control and defensive more anyway, so if that Barwell all wood is the one as you recommend then let it be.

Thank you 👍

I didn’t like BF flared handle… too small. ST handle is just perfect for me.
Regular Barwell has a loud cracking sound, more than BF!
Cheers

This user has no status.
I didn’t like BF flared handle… too small. ST handle is just perfect for me.
Regular Barwell has a loud cracking sound, more than BF!
Cheers

Well, it depends on any person, some prefer ST and some FL, and there is CS too for penholder, i had one racket with Anatomy which i liked, but the racket was a joke from Stiga and dead, so i wish if i can get that ANA one, if not then FL, and for defensive maybe it won't affect more, my hand is so slippery and sweaty, that is why ST won't help me much.
Cheers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you want to attack i think all of them would work fine. For attack i would say it is easier to get a good "short pimple hit" with harder faster blades, but if you are going to play with inverted on backhand you need to consider that aswell. Harder to loop if to hard and fast.

I think all of those blade would work. Correct me if i am wrong but i think Falck and Harimoto is innercarbon so probably a bit softer and slower. What are your current setup?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
If you want to attack i think all of them would work fine. For attack i would say it is easier to get a good "short pimple hit" with harder faster blades, but if you are going to play with inverted on backhand you need to consider that aswell. Harder to loop if to hard and fast.

I think all of those blade would work. Correct me if i am wrong but i think Falck and Harimoto is innercarbon so probably a bit softer and slower. What are your current setup?

Im using donic waldner senso v1 with hurricane 3 provincial blue sponge on forehand, on my backhand i use grass dtecs Ox. I whant to switch to short pips because i think long pips is not fun anymore.

Last edited: