This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Final:

Simon Gauzy vs Alexis Lebrun

Semifinals:

Felix Lebrun vs Alexis Lebrun

Simon Gauzy vs Alexandre Cassin

says Rozena! You complete me.
Lebrun absolutely destroyed Gauzy. Some say Gauzy seemed to be injured at his shoulder, but i don't really think it mattered that much
Congrats to Alexis. This is akin to like Lin Shidong beating FZD at the Chinese National TT Finals yeah?

A case of an up and coming youngling beating a veteran.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Rozena! You complete me.
Below is my personal commentary:

Once in a while a young player emerges and make TT world exciting bringing in a new and fresh style to the world of TT. We have had:

1. Tomokazu Harimoto with his very aggressive counter-driving style. He attacks every ball off-the-bounce at just after the first position and before the second position near the table. This style when debuted even caught veteran like Ma Long by surprise and he even won ML in some international championship.

2. Lin Yunju. Is the absolute opposite of Harimoto. He exudes a calm style. Almost tai-chi like graceful movement, using whippy motion of his long and slender arms, like those of willow branches swaying in the breeze. To me, LYJ exudes a Samsonov'ish traits, i.e., easy going with no pressure kind of player. LYJ has also won veteran players like ML & FZD.

Now, Alexis Le Braun of France comes along. At 18 y/o, he is the youngest French Men Singles Champion of the French National Championship.

3. Alexis Le Braun is a counter-looper, very European centric style of staying a bit far from the table ( typical of Euro style ). He has a unique grip that favours BH loop-drive that sacrifice FH power. However he compensate by using big swinging motion on the FH.

The above are some info I highlight from ERT's YT video.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
What people never mention is the blocking ability he has, and also fast time reaction: he can throw rapid fire FH counters without even swinging that much, like Truls Moregard who's got the nearly same grip. Proof that he doesn't sacrifice power on his FH by any mean, in this video @ 0:58 and right after he hits a FH agressive pivot return right on Gauzy's serve. Also @ 4:26

This one vs his brother @ 4:17, and again right after a FH killer on the return. And also @ 6:43 he counters closed to the table a down the line BH from Félix on the 3rd ball.
This grip does not sacrifice at all the power on the FH, fact is: Alexis Lebrun has won this championships by mostly using his FH in the semi and the final, as coach Hucliez rightly observed.

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
He definitely is really good. I think hos younger brother always was considered more talented and might still end up being better but alexis made a big jump in performance and for now has overtaken his brother.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Below is my personal commentary:

Once in a while a young player emerges and make TT world exciting bringing in a new and fresh style to the world of TT. We have had:

2. Lin Yunju. Is the absolute opposite of Harimoto. He exudes a calm style. Almost tai-chi like graceful movement, using whippy motion of his long and slender arms, like those of willow branches swaying in the breeze. To me, LYJ exudes a Samsonov'ish traits, i.e., easy going with no pressure kind of player. LYJ has also won veteran players like ML & FZD.
Thought I can add a bit on Lin

Lin plays a lot more aggressive than Samsonov
Lin's standout is his full table bh flick service return. No one currently does it better than him.
Also, past 2 years, Lin has bulked up and became a lot physically stronger than the thin kid he was back then.
So his FH and BH rallies are a lot more powerful than when he was smaller.

Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
jetlagging Gauzy and Cassin *Gauzy trains a lot with Cassin so he drain's his stamina and when you want to open your training partner the mind is really tired* vs Lebrun who is young cat and I know he is young cat good young cat.

and I saw new hero A. Lebrun who throws his racket and cries like small kid when he loose with back broken, only blocking Anders Lind.

that was pleasure just enjoing his frustration like listening Marvin Gaye's classic staff on vinyl.

sorry I was drunk but yeah a lot, real talk

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
He definitely is really good. I think hos younger brother always was considered more talented and might still end up being better but alexis made a big jump in performance and for now has overtaken his brother.

Fact is Alexis had to struggle with teen growth issues resulting in many injuries, thats why we've seen a lot more of Félix performing in the late 2 years. Also he had to stop TT practice for some times because he was affected by covid. Important fact to know too: Alexis has never been defeated by his younger brother, last year in the junior U19 french championship Alexis has won 4-1, same score so.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
jetlagging Gauzy and Cassin *Gauzy trains a lot with Cassin so he drain's his stamina and when you want to open your training partner the mind is really tired* vs Lebrun who is young cat and I know he is young cat good young cat.

and I saw new hero A. Lebrun who throws his racket and cries like small kid when he loose with back broken, only blocking Anders Lind.

that was pleasure just enjoing his frustration like listening Marvin Gaye's classic staff on vinyl.

sorry I was drunk but yeah a lot, real talk

That's why drunk people should not be allowed to express themselves. As I've mentioned, Alexis had to struggle with teen growth issues and indeed his back was suffering a lot, making fun of this is purely being a douche.

Am I making fun of any player I don't like being injured ? no, no player wants to win against an injured one. Also the fact you're searching for excuses for Gauzy "underperforming" is not wise at all. I mean... there's only 5 hours lag between Lima and Cesson-Sévigné...

Come on man, stop being that idiot...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
I know someone who played on the same team as Alexis here in Sweden for a while. Alexis stayed at his house and they trained a lot together. He only had good things to say about Alexis. Seems chilled and trains hard and seriously. I've seen or heard nothing that suggests that he's arrogant. I've actually heard that it's Simon Gauzy that can come across as a bit arrogant.