WARNING re. changes at ALIEXPRESS

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
IMG%2020220628%20175031%20copy%20jpg.jpeg

One used to be able to mark , for example, 2 red rubbers and then leave a message in the above box saying something like
Please send 1 red and 1 black.............................and that is what you then got.
NOT ANYMORE !
Even though the message-field still exists, NO notes will be now go to the seller and you will end up with 150 red rubbers and no black ones 😂

Allegedly once one presses the "Buy NOW" button, the seller is bypassed and the order is shipped out directly from an Aliexpress warehouse.
This of course opens up legal questions who does the buyer have a contract with ? With the seller ? Or with Aliexpress ?

What do you think ?

Any buyesr for 150 red loki rubbers ???😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I don't get what the issue for you is? You're order shows 1 red rubber in max thickness. If you want black, there is a separate product selection for black.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Yeah, actually I always feel uneasy when I have to specify what I want in a note section. I would prefer to specify it with selecting the proper color and thickness and hardness. Aliexpress and most sellers do a pretty good job with it, same as most well reputed Chinese sellers. Playa Ping Pong, Beo Store, Chinese Ping Pong stores are extremely reliable in my opinion even if you have to chat with them for blade weight they do great customer service.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I don't get what the issue for you is? You're order shows 1 red rubber in max thickness. If you want black, there is a separate product selection for black.

this is not my order, just a sample.

For buyers that are new to ali they will have learned to put first 1 color into the cart, then go back and put the other color also into the cart. Us oldies are more used to just pick 2 items of one color then write the message to the seller in the field (marked in the picture with green pen) telling him/her that we want one of each color.
Last order , back end of march worked fine, like dozens of previous order did from many different sellers.
Now things have changed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well, this way is better because your order will be guaranteed. If you accidentally receive the wrong color, then you can open a dispute and in the order history, it will be crystal clear which color you actually ordered.

Reactions: TaiHaoPingPong
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Well, this way is better because your order will be guaranteed. If you accidentally receive the wrong color, then you can open a dispute and in the order history, it will be crystal clear which color you actually ordered.

you are missing the point.
The individual sellers are now just Aliexpress shop boys or girls.
They do not hold the stock.
The field: "Note to the seller" (marked with green pen) should be removed.

The question remains though with whom does the buyer have a sales-contract ?
Is it with Aliexpress or is it with an individual seller ?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Yeah, actually I always feel uneasy when I have to specify what I want in a note section. I would prefer to specify it with selecting the proper color and thickness and hardness. Aliexpress and most sellers do a pretty good job with it, same as most well reputed Chinese sellers. Playa Ping Pong, Beo Store, Chinese Ping Pong stores are extremely reliable in my opinion even if you have to chat with them for blade weight they do great customer service.

I agree, I have dealt with all 3 stores you mention , actually got something on order right now from BEO-store. And again, they were very friendly. The problem only comes from the fact that Aliexpress changed the system and that field I marked in the picture has to go.
We probably always kinda knew that the individual shops did not actually hold the stock they are advertising but we did
live with this illusion because often they would indicate how many numbers of a specific item they still had left.

The change in the system must have happened in the last 3 months but now we can not use the message field and the order is not actually placed with the shop but goes directly to an ALI- warehouse and is shipped from there.

If this is good for us buyers will remain to be seen.

In case of a dispute who are we dealing with ? Aliexpress or the shop ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
In a dispute, you can just explain the problem with your order, for example "I ordered black rubber, but received red".

First step, the seller can agree that the made a mistake and give you a refund. Or if the seller doesn't believe they did anything wrong, it goes to a Aliexpress Judge.

Second step, a Judge steps in and examines the situation and evidence. Judge sees that in your order history you ordered black, and looks at the photo of your actual rubber and sees that it is red. Judge awards the dispute to you, and gives you a full refund.

This user has no status.
Yeah good idea
BTW none of the Chinese sellers you mentioned are even heard of in China.

This user has no status.
If you want 1 Red and 1 Black, you could only do as what Michael Zhuang said.

That was seller's thought: Buyer ordered 2 red and sent a message 'Please send 1 red and 1 Black', Aliexpress may stand with seller if seller sent 2 red. If the seller sent 1 red and 1 black, and the buyer disputed it (maybe he has changed his mind later, or he is a dishonest buyer), Aliexpress may stand with buyer.

If they follow the order, which is 2 red, they can always argue it. But if they don't follow the order but the message, they probably won't have the chance to argue it.

You are a honest buyer, but if seller do what you want to all other buyers, he will suffer if one of other buyers is dishonest.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Yeah good idea
BTW none of the Chinese sellers you mentioned are even heard of in China.
That's interesting. I mostly order from playa. They have good prices on H8 and the shipping is very good considering it's free delivery from China. What Aliexpress stores do Chinese players order from?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
In a dispute, you can just explain the problem with your order, for example "I ordered black rubber, but received red".

First step, the seller can agree that the made a mistake and give you a refund. Or if the seller doesn't believe they did anything wrong, it goes to a Aliexpress Judge.

Second step, a Judge steps in and examines the situation and evidence. Judge sees that in your order history you ordered black, and looks at the photo of your actual rubber and sees that it is red. Judge awards the dispute to you, and gives you a full refund.

yeah yeah, you are stating the obvious.

Actually, this system has now changed too.
It used to be that Aliexpress gave both seller and buyer a chance to settle a dispute and they gave a date and when by that date
the seller and buyer had not come to an agreement they would step in.With the new system Aliexpress steps in instantly , makes a decision and a proposal how to proceed. The seller is not involved anymore.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
[
If you want 1 Red and 1 Black, you could only do as what Michael Zhuang said

.You are also missing the point.

One can now ONLY do it the way Michael says .
And once the glorious website designers of ALI will have removed the offending remnant that
allowed you to give a note to the seller just before you placed the order all will be fine.

My """warning"" is for all those who have for many years used this old system , because
my sample pic shows, the : "send a note to the seller" seems to be still there, it just DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Aliexpress is the international version of TaoBao, before TaoBao can ship directly overseas. Now TaoBao can ship some items internationally but still most sellers don’t , so you’ll have to find your own shipping service, or use TaoBao’s own international shipping which has a lot of restrictions. And the price on TaoBao is most certainly cheaper than the same one on aliexpress.

Anyways, I don’t think the note for the order means much, unless the seller specifically says in the listing that for example you should specify the color or other properties of the item you’re ordering. This has been my understanding of how online ordering works, you pick the items you want then you add them to your cart, then checkout. Not you add items to your cart, then leave a note to the seller saying you actually want something else during checkout.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Anyways, I don’t think the note for the order means much, unless the seller specifically says in the listing that for example you should specify the color or other properties of the item you’re ordering. This has been my understanding of how online ordering works, you pick the items you want then you add them to your cart, then checkout. Not you add items to your cart, then leave a note to the seller saying you actually want something else during checkout.

Well, the "Note-system" worked for many years perfectly fine. It only stopped working
a few weeks ago when Aliexpress changed the whole system without:

a) informing buyers that they have changed it ...........and
b) they failed to remove the "Note to the seller" facility.

That is all there is to it.

I do not need any teachings or instructions on how to waste my money at Aliexpress,
I am an expert at that. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Well, the "Note-system" worked for many years perfectly fine. It only stopped working
a few weeks ago when Aliexpress changed the whole system without:

a) informing buyers that they have changed it ...........and
b) they failed to remove the "Note to the seller" facility.

That is all there is to it.

I do not need any teachings or instructions on how to waste my money at Aliexpress,
I am an expert at that. :)
If they didn’t say anything about this not working anymore while it used to work, then it’s their oversight, but it’s not like everyone is using it so I guess they just don’t care.

You should however try finding the things you’re buying on TaoBao , and ship it yourself, probably still cheaper. Or if you don’t know Chinese, use something like Superbuy.com, they have a pretty good service that helps people outside of China buy stuff on TaoBao or other Chinese only marketplaces.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
If they didn’t say anything about this not working anymore while it used to work, then it’s their oversight, but it’s not like everyone is using it so I guess they just don’t care.

You should however try finding the things you’re buying on TaoBao , and ship it yourself, probably still cheaper. Or if you don’t know Chinese, use something like Superbuy.com, they have a pretty good service that helps people outside of China buy stuff on TaoBao or other Chinese only marketplaces.

thanks for your understanding.
I am not complaining about the prices at ALI they are quite alright I was just curious about prices inside China, that's all.

You are correct it IS INDEED Aliexpresses fault for not telling us about the changes.
Yes of course I also agree with you that not everybody is using , or has used the note system but if one considers how many
customers worldwide are shopping at Ali, it will still concern thousands of buyers.
I just thought I give a "heads-up" here, hence the title WARNING re. changes at ALIEXPRESS

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Like how much is AK47 Red on Taobao? And how much is their international shipping to USA?