What Do You Think of Innersheild ZLF (Butterfly)

This user has no status.
Hello,

I'm a Semi-professional Wheelchair Table Tennis player and so generally play very close to the table. I've been trying to work out what I can change up in my equipment to get anything more out of my game.
I would describe myself as a Modern Defender as I like to chop, block and i also Play alot of loops and slow heavy spin shots. Currently I am using Tenergy 80Fx on both sides with a TSP Super defensive blade. I have been thinking about other blades i could try, as i am very happy with my Rubbers (But may switch to dignics 80 on my backhand in future as that is my strongest side and i like to catch people out by quickly changing pace and whipping a backhand loop).

So i would like to hear from anyone who has actually used the Innersheild ZLF from butterfly in person,
What rubbers did you use with it?
What Shots did you find it was better with?
How good was it for light brushing to produce alot of spin, e.i. Loops, Serves, Chops?
How was it for serving?
How was it's feeling?
Although it's a slow blade did you feel you could still do fast drives and counter-topspins if you needed to?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hello,

I'm a Semi-professional Wheelchair Table Tennis player and so generally play very close to the table. I've been trying to work out what I can change up in my equipment to get anything more out of my game.
I would describe myself as a Modern Defender as I like to chop, block and i also Play alot of loops and slow heavy spin shots. Currently I am using Tenergy 80Fx on both sides with a TSP Super defensive blade. I have been thinking about other blades i could try, as i am very happy with my Rubbers (But may switch to dignics 80 on my backhand in future as that is my strongest side and i like to catch people out by quickly changing pace and whipping a backhand loop).

So i would like to hear from anyone who has actually used the Innersheild ZLF from butterfly in person,
What rubbers did you use with it?
What Shots did you find it was better with?
How good was it for light brushing to produce alot of spin, e.i. Loops, Serves, Chops?
How was it for serving?
How was it's feeling?
Although it's a slow blade did you feel you could still do fast drives and counter-topspins if you needed to?

Sadly, I have too limited experience working with wheel chair players.
I had the opportunity to work more, but time didn't allow.

Most players I know, don't really go for OFF++ fast blades. Too close to the table I think.

You currently have a very flex and very soft setup.
I'm not sure if Dignics 80 will be ideal.
Maybe first go T80, T05.

From the blade side, making such a jump might not be ideal. I would say go for a stiff wood offensive blade.
Or at most an ALC carbon.

This user has no status.

Sadly, I have too limited experience working with wheel chair players.
I had the opportunity to work more, but time didn't allow.

Most players I know, don't really go for OFF++ fast blades. Too close to the table I think.

You currently have a very flex and very soft setup.
I'm not sure if Dignics 80 will be ideal.
Maybe first go T80, T05.

From the blade side, making such a jump might not be ideal. I would say go for a stiff wood offensive blade.
Or at most an ALC carbon.

Thank you very for your input,

yea i choose my current table to be quite soft for close to the table, and i want to stay in this fairly soft setup idea. So yes i 100% agree with you about the rubbers as i said i am quite happy with my T80fx currently so no worries there, so thank you.

Though i am confused about what you said about the blade, i wasn't planning on going for an OFF++ blade cos your right that would be too fast. The

innershield layer ZLF is marked as a DEF blade and soft.

"Defensive blade with ‘Innerforce’ technology. The ZL fibres are positioned closer to the core, resulting in a softer touch. A large sweet spot gives this blade enough speed to meet the attacking needs of the modern defender."

So i wouldn't have thought it would be too much of a jump from my current blade as they are both somewhat similar in the fact of softer outerlayer for defence with some inner stiffer layers for the occasional Attacks of a modern defensive play.