This user has no status.
May 2022
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Looks great and very strong.

i've always wondered, how long can those cheap rubbers last.
obviously, yours is outdoor, so the durability might be shorter.

How much did it cost you?
I'm eager to find out, what is say the total cost over 2 or 3 years (maybe factoring in changing rubbers over x time frame to work out the total costs over a long period?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022

For 12 rubbers (Kokutaku 868) it cost me 35$ USD delivered, and maybe 10$ more for hardware. Obviously i don't leave them outside, so i think durability will be good. A few years maybe. And i keep my old rubbers, i will add patch if needed. :)

This user has no status.

For 12 rubbers (Kokutaku 868) it cost me 35$ USD delivered, and maybe 10$ more for hardware. Obviously i don't leave them outside, so i think durability will be good. A few years maybe. And i keep my old rubbers, i will add patch if needed. :)

Great thing for practicing topspin !!! I trained a lot myself, my teammates admired my topspin.

This user has no status.
I trained using rebound boards for quite some time. I’d say training your topspin isn’t the most important feature of it, the feedback is. When training by yourself, the thing you lack the most is feedback, the rebound board will provide that.

This is certainly true, but they will learn the topspin technique well. As an intermediate, you will learn topspin faster.
Even the best players have a "multiball slave", that's the basis !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

This is certainly true, but they will learn the topspin technique well. As an intermediate, you will learn topspin faster.
Even the best players have a "multiball slave", that's the basis !!!

I’m saying they learn it well because of the feedback the board provides. If you are only hitting with a robot, the only thing you know is whether the ball landed on the table and in what position, you don’t know what spin or how much spin is on the ball. A rebound board will give you that information, and it also gives you a target to focus on, you’ll learn to control you stroke much better with a rebound board to generate the spin you want because you have the feedback from it.

This user has no status.

I’m saying they learn it well because of the feedback the board provides. If you are only hitting with a robot, the only thing you know is whether the ball landed on the table and in what position, you don’t know what spin or how much spin is on the ball. A rebound board will give you that information, and it also gives you a target to focus on, you’ll learn to control you stroke much better with a rebound board to generate the spin you want because you have the feedback from it.

we do not understand each other. I agree with what you say. you do not take into account the different game levels.
the board is only used to play topspin against the block and in forehand and backhand combinations if you have two boards. the board doesn't offer other options, that's why I quoted multiball.
I would not question the bounce plate at all. As a basic routine, it is excellent.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

we do not understand each other. I agree with what you say. you do not take into account the different game levels.
the board is only used to play topspin against the block and in forehand and backhand combinations if you have two boards. the board doesn't offer other options, that's why I quoted multiball.
I would not question the bounce plate at all. As a basic routine, it is excellent.

You are right, we don't understand each other. Because all I'm saying is, the rebound board is helpful because it provides feedback, anything you learn from it is because of the feedback, it's called a rebound (return) board, you get feedback from the ball it rebounds (returns) to you, that's why it is helpful. It has nothing to do with your level, because all it does is bounce the ball back to you, where the spin and speed of the ball is due to your input, and the type of rubber you put on the board. That is, if it returns a ball with lots of spin, that's because you gave it lots of spin, if it bounced off the table, it's because you hitting too hard, or added unwanted spin on the ball, and that's how you learn, from what the ball does that is returned to you by the board, not from just hitting the ball and see where it lands. And I have no idea why you want to bring multi-ball into this discussion, as it has nothing to do with the board at all, if you want to compare it would actually be single-ball practice as the board is meant to be a replacement for a coach/player that blocks your ball back to you.

Also, you are wrong that the board can only be used to practice topspin, it can be used to practice short game pushes as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
My return board practice session.

I recalled that during the Covid Pandemic lockdown period, I played on the return board everyday to pass time. This was how I develop my FH topspin game ( NB: At that time I have not engaged any professional coaching yet )

• Wow
Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I am pretty sure the return board helps improving consistency and maintaining a good phisical condition. There are endless drill possibilities. The things that we can't practice with the RB are pushes, chops, lobs......or defensive shots in general

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Never used a return board, played against a wall !!! Which sends your spin back at you similar to LP. Play a top spin and return ball is like a chopped ( back spin ) ball. Adding the rubber surface to the RB does actually ‘reverse’ the spin, so returned ball has top spin. Nice!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I am pretty sure the return board helps improving consistency and maintaining a good phisical condition. There are endless drill possibilities. The things that we can't practice with the RB are pushes, chops, lobs......or defensive shots in general

You can practice pushes, if you position it correctly, the other ones not so much. Just watch the video on the front page of https://wallyrebounder.com

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
i have seen a return board at a friend's place, but did not ask to try it (trip was to hit with him, not against the board)

is it possible to use anti rubber or pips (of different lengths) to practice against?

just wondering ...

I have tried to glue different rubbers together , LP, SP, inverted but it didn't work as expected. The rubbers must be the same type

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Reactions: jbvttcc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Here's my construction...one wooden board (EUR 10,--), rubbers (8x7 EUR), attached to a cymbal stand (new 28,--, used 10-15,--) with a multi clamp and a mounting plate for a drum module (together 29,--). Big advantage of using a multi clamp: the board is infinitely adjustable.

Attachments

• IMG_20220817_184036.jpg
    IMG_20220817_184036.jpg
    986.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20220817_184050.jpg
    IMG_20220817_184050.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 60
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I am using a table with some other things to use it just like that.
find something with the width and about the height of the table. ( for example another small table)
put some supports under the legs and you have what u need. ( for example some books or boxes)
40 Euros + Things i have at home.

Reactions: z0uLess