considering yinhe v-14 pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
my first blade is the stiga allround classic and i used it for 4 years. sadly it broke while training and i am looking for an inexpensive replacement. i've look into the yinhe v-14 pro and the reviews said good things about it. however, i did not see anyone using it with the mantra lineup what my club is providing me with. if there other blades you would reccomend under 50 usd for don't be shy. i manly block and play near the table but i am also trying to be more aggressive so i would prefer a faster blade with control.

Mantra is pretty fast and hard so I would stick to an allround - allround+ blade, but that’s me.

Cheers
L-zr

B.T..W Stiga allround classic should be well below $50. A Stiga offensive classic would also be below. One of my training partners plays this combo. I think it’s it’s too fast for but he doesn’t won’t to listen…

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Hi. The Yinhe V14 PRO is a totally different blade than your Stiga Allround Classic. If you after four years would change to a much faster, stiffer ALC blade, I think you would have problems maintaining the technique you have learned for the past years. Why not change to a Stiga Offensive Classic, if you want something a bit faster? I guess you could find one for about $50 somewhere. Otherwise there are Chinese blades that would fit as well. Sanwei Fextra One, Sanwei Fextra Allround or Sanwei Accumulator S. A couple of soft carbon blades that aren't too fast like Palio CAT, Palio R57 or DHS Power G5 could surely fit you much better than the Yinhe V14 Pro, but these are just my thoughts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

i am playing with mantra soft. it is good at the forehand but i find it hard to play a fast shot. it is faster than some of the guys with me with faster blades ( we all use mantra soft ). anyways thank you.😊

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
have you played with any of these blades, if so tell my what it is the pros and cons.

I have played with the stiga’s. The offensive classic is thin and bendy, a little mushy feeling. I don’t mind this. It is not fast by modern standards but a little faster than the allround classic. But I severely dislike Mantra in any size shape or form. Rakza 7 is a good match for a blade like those, and for any blade actually.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I have the V14 Pro, and its a very fine blade.

If you're coming from allwood blade, I would recommend the DHS Fang Bo Carbon. It has better feeling and flex than the V14 Pro. It's under $50 on Aliexpress or PrinceTT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
The last time I tried these Stiga blades was over 30 years ago. Quite flexible and quite heavily vibrating compared to other blades but they are good blades nonetheless if one likes that.
The V14 Pro is quite the opposite: it's a true Off blade, even Off+ when you get one weighing over 90g. Stiff, very few/quite minimal vibrations, quite sharp feeling which I like. It's definitely a good blade even more so considering its price and built quality but requires good technique and much practice. Not a blade that I would recommend as an upgrade from the Stiga Allround.

Some "can't go wrong" blades that are not over budget:
- Yasaka Sweden Extra, YSE, All+ to lower Off-: flexible, fast enough (Ma Lin supposedly played this blade before switching to the faster Ma Lin Extra Offensive).
- Butterfly Primorac or a light, 85g or less, Butterfly Korbel (European versions, JP versions are more expensive)
- Donic Persson Powerplay, PPP, Off- to Off: this was my main blade back in the days. Stiffer and sharper feeling than YSE or the Stiga blades. Don't get the Senso versions with hollow handles unless you want a quite head heavy blade. Weight: less than 90g which should be around Off-.
- Cornilleau Hinotec All+: not widely known but great built quality and feeling (assuming that the All+ is not that different to my Hinotec Off-).
- Tibhar Lebesson/Samsonov Alpha (same blade but different handles): depending on weight ( from below 80g to 87g and more), All to Off-, harder feeling than e.g. YSE. In depth review https://ttgearlab.wordpress.com/2017/02/06/review-tibhar-e-lebesson/

If you have the chance to try these blades before buying one use it: their handles, weight distribution (head heavy vs handle heavy) and feeling differ quite noticeable. 85g is a good target weight (PPP 90g because is does not have a hollow handle).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

the reason i am considering the v14 pro is that i want to change my playstyle to a more aggressive way. manly looping and topspin and backhand punches. the varity of blades that i can try is limited. i will list these blades and tell me what falls into which catagory or what is similar from what you suggested.
1. stiga ebenholz nct v

2. stiga carbonado 290
3. joola falcon fast

4. 729 green goblin 7 plys

i will mostly buy the blade online because there isn't much table tennis stores in bahrain. so i have to work with what i got.

take notice that i will mostly play with soft or medium rubbers.

​​​​

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

i saw the yinhe pro 01 it is more flexable than the v14 pro but more pricy. the difference in price wont matter. would you recommend it over the v 14 pro? also i've read that the fang bo carbon handle is small. is that an issue also in the v14 pro?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Between the Pro 01 and V14 Pro, I personally would prefer the V14. It's a little thicker and faster. But overall, quite similar.

Fang Bo Carbon handle is slightly small, but it fits me perfectly. If you are large person and want a bigger handle, then the V14 might be better. It has a larger handle. If you are like 5'8 and below and are on the smaller side of human, then the Fang Bo fits perfectly. For me, the Fang Bo fits better and feels better in my hand than the V14, because I am smaller.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

i am 5'5" with not big hands so it shouldn't be a problem. is the cut and push good in either of these blades?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

i am playing with mantra soft. it is good at the forehand but i find it hard to play a fast shot. it is faster than some of the guys with me with faster blades ( we all use mantra soft ). anyways thank you.😊

As the Mantra rubbers gone out of production, perhaps you should look at buying an allround blade again but find a new rubber that is a bit faster than the Mantra S? Like Lazer says. Check out Yasaka Rakza 7. That one is really nice, and gives you more offensive qualities than Mantra S.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

before the mantra i've been using the calibra lt spin for 3.5 years. i think either the club will continue using the mantra or go for another stiga rubber. i hope we were sponsered but there is only butterfly or stiga rubbers in bahrain so either they go with tenergy from butterfly and it will not happen because there is no budget or go with stiga rubbers like mantra or maybe the dna pros. any other brand of rubbers is hard to get or expensive. i would love to try the rakaza 7 but i have to play with what i got and i am not really botherd by the mantra.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Mantra is phasing out,
you should look at DNA Platinum, which is the new flagship and also inventory model.
Tenergy is also good.

Allround classic to V14 Pro is a very big jump

You mentioned you can't get Yasaka rubbers,but can you get Yasaka blades?
There are quite a few Yasaka blades that are well priced.
Yinhe V14 isn't bad too, but going to be a bit fast.
Stiga Offensive Classic is a nice "one up"

With an allround blade, you won't have that kind of acceleration, so you can enjoy the rubbers a lot more.
however with a faster blade, especially carbon, the acceleration will increase a lot, and at first you will hit your balls off the table without doing much effort. So in the short run, you will struggle with control and loose the ability to spin the ball a lot.
Adjustments would be needed and for some, I've seen they going back to slower equipment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

i could buy a yasaka blade online but as i said the rubbers are provided from my club and they get the same rubber for everyone. i will discuss my blade selection with my coach and what will be the rubber for the coming season. if i had the choice of choosing the rubbers i will may choose different rubbers. for now the mantra is suffiecent enough. and mostly will adapt to any rubbers to the club is providing. i don't want to play with stiga blades unless there is a very good blade.
i appreciate anyone who posts and will gladly consider your advice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

Fang Bo is a inner carbon blade, so its better for overall touch and feel, push, and dwell time than V14 Pro.

can you tell me which version of the fang bo carbon it is cause there is the carbon, b2, b2x. 😄

This user has no status.
A faster setup doesn't necessary mean the player will become more aggressive. The setup allows the ball to be faster with merely block or some other defensive strokes. Without proper coaching, the players' techniques may tend to be more defensive.

But you have been training for 4 years, it seems you should have gone to a faster racket for a long time.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2021
I used to own, until recently, a Stiga Allround Classic and still own a Yinhe V14 Pro. The difference in speed between those two might be too much of a jump, therefore, I'll recommend the Sanwei CC. It's an inner carbon blade that's in between the other two in speed (closer to the V14 Pro than the Stiga). I believe Michael has previously stated his CC is faster than his V14 Pro, however, I own 4 CCs and every one of them is slower than my V14 Pro.
In case you're wondering why I no longer have my Allround Classic, it's because it's way too slow for the current 40+ ball IMO. It was probably a great blade for the 38mm celluloid, but it's now outdated. Again, just my opinion.