Back to Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #1

    Beginner ALL+/OFF- ~50$ blade with the most potential – yet another blade recommendat

    Hey guys, I‘m looking for recommendation for ALL+/OFF- ~50$ blade with reasonable control and spin for beginner to develop technique correctly, but with the most potential to be used further down the line as an intermediate blade using appropriate rubbers, should I improve.

    I returned to playing table tennis once a week after couple of years with friends who play some local league. I understand differrent types of strokes, but sometimes struggle with execution. I have premade Donic racket which I would like to replace with something slightly on the offensive side, with moderate control and spin, larger sweet spot if possible and good balance. Also I‘d prefer it to be made in Europe instead of China.

    I‘ve done some research, but did end up optionally paralyzed (as I often do) and I already spent way more time on selection than I should for a blade at this price point, but I still want to select the best blade to stick with it for a longer time. Found a few options:

    Yasaka Sweden Extra
    Gewo Zoom Balance All+
    Gewo Zoom Pro Off-
    Andro Timber 5 ALL/S
    Andro Timber 5 Off
    Andro Timber 7 OFF
    Andro Gauzy BL5
    Andro Gauzy BL7
    Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
    Tibhar Samsonov Force PRO

    Should I be conservative and go with Yasaka Sweden Extra or go wild with Tibar Stratus Power Wood, which looks great but I am little bit worried cause of often mentioned size, headheavyness and handle size (I am a smaller guy - 175cm with not that large hands). I would also like to hear some opinions on listed Andro an Gewo blades, since I wasn‘t able to find enough info. And for Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro – I know it‘s probably more advanced selection, but found a good price on it so I did put it in here. I am looking for some recommendation or additional info from more experienced players to help me solve this puzzle

  2. piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 85 399
    P
    piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 399 85
    #2
    You can add to your list Donic Waldner Senso Carbon

  3. tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 85
    T
    tabletennisdaily1 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 85 24

    User Info Menu


    Apr 2022
    United States
    85
    24
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jura
    Hey guys, I‘m looking for recommendation for ALL+/OFF- ~50$ blade with reasonable control and spin for beginner to develop technique correctly, but with the most potential to be used further down the line as an intermediate blade using appropriate rubbers, should I improve.

    I returned to playing table tennis once a week after couple of years with friends who play some local league. I understand differrent types of strokes, but sometimes struggle with execution. I have premade Donic racket which I would like to replace with something slightly on the offensive side, with moderate control and spin, larger sweet spot if possible and good balance. Also I‘d prefer it to be made in Europe instead of China.

    I‘ve done some research, but did end up optionally paralyzed (as I often do) and I already spent way more time on selection than I should for a blade at this price point, but I still want to select the best blade to stick with it for a longer time. Found a few options:

    Yasaka Sweden Extra
    Gewo Zoom Balance All+
    Gewo Zoom Pro Off-
    Andro Timber 5 ALL/S
    Andro Timber 5 Off
    Andro Timber 7 OFF
    Andro Gauzy BL5
    Andro Gauzy BL7
    Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
    Tibhar Samsonov Force PRO

    Should I be conservative and go with Yasaka Sweden Extra or go wild with Tibar Stratus Power Wood, which looks great but I am little bit worried cause of often mentioned size, headheavyness and handle size (I am a smaller guy - 175cm with not that large hands). I would also like to hear some opinions on listed Andro an Gewo blades, since I wasn‘t able to find enough info. And for Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro – I know it‘s probably more advanced selection, but found a good price on it so I did put it in here. I am looking for some recommendation or additional info from more experienced players to help me solve this puzzle

    If you are serious about improving, I personally think it is fine to get a slightly faster wood blade. If you train for good technique, I think you will quickly adapt to the slight increase in speed, and it will serve you a bit longer until you want something even faster. If you can get a good price for the Samsonov, I think that would be a solid blade that can last for a very long time.


  4. latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 319 534
    L
    latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 534 319
    #4
    Hi jura, I liked Donic Persson Powerplay some time ago. At the same time, I don't have much experiences with wood-only blades. As you say, there are myrriads of choices, the same is true for rubbers, and in clubs virtually everyone plays with something different, and some older players have variations in thicknesses, so it really is a true jungle. But you will start making sense of it, as the :-) abstraction goes a bit higher. In blades it depends on the composition (put simply), perhaps you already know the ttgearlab site (https://ttgearlab.wordpress.com/) and also hipnotic explains stuff on his page (https://www.sdcttblades.com/nerdy-stuff). Imo, training is more important than equipment. And regarding equipment, I believe that when you start to develop some feeling and preferences for the materials (and here I think some part of it is simply being convinced that you want to use what you use :-), that then it is best to buy a blade from a maker like Vodak or hipnotic or other, rather than going for big company blade. Which can be great too. Btw. what rubbers do you plan to go for?

  5. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by piligrim
    You can add to your list Donic Waldner Senso Carbon

    Thanks, I'll consider it, from what I've read carbon blade is not often recommended for beginner players, but this one seems like it is more beginner friendly.


  6. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tabletennisdaily1

    If you are serious about improving, I personally think it is fine to get a slightly faster wood blade. If you train for good technique, I think you will quickly adapt to the slight increase in speed, and it will serve you a bit longer until you want something even faster. If you can get a good price for the Samsonov, I think that would be a solid blade that can last for a very long time.

    Thanks for the advice. I've found Samsonov for the same price as TSPW. Both have good reviews. From what I've read Samsonov should be somewhat close to TSPW. Only thing I am worried about is often mentioned larger handle size.


  7. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #7
    Thanks latej

    The sdcttblades site provides great info, thanks for that. I've read similar information from other articles and used that to pick those blades I've listed, so I believe there shouldn't be any horrible choice and as you said, I'll just pick one and try to adapt. Those custom blades looks great and while I would definatelly would like to support Vodak as a Czech blade, they are too expensive for my level.

    For rubbers which I forgot to mention I was thinking something like FH: Vega X/Pro/Asia BH: Vega Euro. BH seems like a safe choice but FH i still haven't decided, would like somthing tiny bit faster than Vega Euro. Other options I've found were Donic Barracuda, Andro Rasanter/Hexer, Yasaka Rakza 7 soft.
    Last edited by jura; 07-02-2022 at 08:44 AM.

  8. OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 49 194
    O
    OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 194 49

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    Europe
    194
    49
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by piligrim
    You can add to your list Donic Waldner Senso Carbon

    Wrong call, it costs more.

    I'd suggest the Waldner Diablo Senso with glassfiber, won't be produced anymore but some shops in Europe still have some. OFF- 1300 Hz

    Donic Waldner Senso V2 for the ALL/ALL+ game 1200 Hz
    Donic Waldner Senso V1 a tad faster, ALL+/OFF- 1250 Hz or so

    All those blades are cheaper than your 50€ mark/


  9. OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 49 194
    O
    OldUser is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 194 49

    User Info Menu


    Mar 2022
    Europe
    194
    49
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #9
    BTW, I know all those Donic blades I've mentioned and played them all for 2 decades.

  10. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #10

    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll look into that. Also soon there should be available new blade from donic with some textile fibres which looks interesting, but it will be a tad more expensive - DONIC Classic Power Allround.


  11. latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 319 534
    L
    latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 534 319
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jura
    The sdcttblades site provides great info, thanks for that. I've read similar information from other articles and used that to pick those blades I've listed, so I believe there shouldn't be any horrible choice and as you said, I'll just pick one and try to adapt. Those custom blades looks great and while I would definatelly would like to support Vodak as a Czech blade, they are too expensive for my level.
    Yes, it is not cheapest. You've done more research than initially visible, that's good. I also like your decision to stay away from cheaper blades available via ALI - here you can be really lucky - or not, and I, for example, wasn't :-). Then later when you go for more major brand - perhaps not now, perhaps later - then Vodak is not really more expensive.

    For rubbers which I forgot to mention I was thinking something like FH: Vega X/Pro/Asia BH: Vega Euro. BH seems like a safe choice but FH i still haven't decided, would like somthing tiny bit faster than Vega Euro. Other options I've found were Donic Barracuda, Andro Rasanter/Hexer, Yasaka Rakza 7 soft.
    Regarding rubbers - I can't really recommend ESN rubbers that much, because I am more into the tacky chinese rubbers. But judging from what I know, your choices look safe. At the same, there are knowledgeable people here, who can give more precise tips, perhaps. Cheers.

  12. ttarc is offline
    says Needs more systematic training
     
    Advanced TTD Member 114 211
    T
    ttarc is offline
    says Needs more systematic training
     
    Advanced TTD Member 211 114
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jura
    Thanks latejThe sdcttblades site provides great info, thanks for that. I've read similar information from other articles and used that to pick those blades I've listed, so I believe there shouldn't be any horrible choice and as you said, I'll just pick one and try to adapt. Those custom blades looks great and while I would definatelly would like to support Vodak as a Czech blade, they are too expensive for my level.For rubbers which I forgot to mention I was thinking something like FH: Vega X/Pro/Asia BH: Vega Euro. BH seems like a safe choice but FH i still haven't decided, would like somthing tiny bit faster than Vega Euro. Other options I've found were Donic Barracuda, Andro Rasanter/Hexer, Yasaka Rakza 7 soft.
    If you have or rely on a thin ball contact than stay away from at least Vega Asia. VA works, to a certain extent, quite well for a rubber which was not optimized for spin but lacks significant grip especially in higher humidity environments. Same for Rasanter according to some reviews. So I would either get the Vega Pro (higher throw than Vega Asia and better grip than VA) on FH or try a tacky Hurricane 8-80 37 which is as hard and fast as a VP.Just my experience with these rubbers.
    Last edited by ttarc; 07-02-2022 at 09:53 PM.

  13. piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 85 399
    P
    piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 399 85
    #13
    Quote Originally Posted by OldUser

    Wrong call, it costs more.

    I'd suggest the Waldner Diablo Senso with glassfiber, won't be produced anymore but some shops in Europe still have some. OFF- 1300 Hz

    Donic Waldner Senso V2 for the ALL/ALL+ game 1200 Hz
    Donic Waldner Senso V1 a tad faster, ALL+/OFF- 1250 Hz or so

    All those blades are cheaper than your 50€ mark/


    It cost $54 on TT11


  14. Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Master TTD Member 723 1,679
    Kuba Hajto's Avatar
    Kuba Hajto is offline
    says Equipment matters a lot to scrubs who can't make minor adjustments to their stroke.
     
    Master TTD Member 1,679 723
    #14
    Welp. You might want to add Tibhar Curious to the list. As well TSP SWAT
    /devnull

  15. Brs is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 905 803
    B
    Brs is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 803 905

    User Info Menu


    Oct 2015
    Christmas Island
    803
    905
    1893
    Read 0 Reviews
    #15
    Personally I didn't love the Tibhar samsonov blades, tried both. Other people do rate them, but don't seem to stay with them long, always moving on to carbon.

    Perhaps Petr korbel is one to add to your list, on sale. And for sure a blade you could still play as your level rises.
    https://www.teessport.com/blades-c5/...nis-blade-p245

  16. Mtcollins is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 84 151
    M
    Mtcollins is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Established TTD Member 151 84
    #16
    I'm a big fan of Sweden Extra. Works great with vega euro and vega pro. Most of our students start off with Sweden Extra, although we're starting some off with Palio Energy series now, and I just got my hands on a Yinhe N11 and I'm thinking this might be a great blade to start with and I see it having a lot of potential for player growth.

    The Following User Likes Mtcollins's Post:

    Equaaz


  17. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ttarc
    If you have or rely on a thin ball contact than stay away from at least Vega Asia. VA works, to a certain extent, quite well for a rubber which was not optimized for spin but lacks significant grip especially in higher humidity environments. Same for Rasanter according to some reviews. So I would either get the Vega Pro (higher throw than Vega Asia and better grip than VA) on FH or try a tacky Hurricane 8-80 37 which is as hard and fast as a VP.Just my experience with these rubbers.

    Thanks for the input, so I guess it will be Vega Pro on FH as a safest choice. I've found Vega Japan is also somewhat close to Pro, but Pro should be more beginner friendly. If I'd go the chinese rubber route I'd probably try something cheap like Frendship 729 rubber if I recall correctly.


  18. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuba Hajto
    Welp. You might want to add Tibhar Curious to the list. As well TSP SWAT

    Seems like Tibhar Curious is discontinued. I've heard good things about Swat but where i live it's more expensive and harder to find. Could you recommend some of the other 7-ply blades from my list?


  19. jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 2 14
    J
    jura is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 14 2

    User Info Menu


    Jul 2022
    Czech Republic
    14
    2
    0
    Read 0 Reviews
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Brs
    Personally I didn't love the Tibhar samsonov blades, tried both. Other people do rate them, but don't seem to stay with them long, always moving on to carbon.

    Perhaps Petr korbel is one to add to your list, on sale. And for sure a blade you could still play as your level rises.
    https://www.teessport.com/blades-c5/...nis-blade-p245

    Seems like there is ongoing love & hate relationship with Tibhar blades Korbel also looks like a safe choice, thanks.


  20. latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 319 534
    L
    latej is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 534 319
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jura
    If I'd go the chinese rubber route I'd probably try something cheap like Frendship 729 rubber if I recall correctly
    If you go that route, I'd rather recommend H3 (neo or non-neo) in hardness H37 for start, which you can buy here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.