Beginner ALL+/OFF- ~50$ blade with the most potential – yet another blade recommendat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Seems like Tibhar Curious is discontinued. I've heard good things about Swat but where i live it's more expensive and harder to find. Could you recommend some of the other 7-ply blades from my list?

Welp. I found only those two to be sub 6mm. That is my preferred thickness for looping 7ply. Thicker 7plys are stiffer and harder to loop with. These sub 6mm 7plies seem to be good middleground. Curiouses and cheap swats are still available in Poland if you would want to import it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

It cost $54 on TT11

Jura lives in the Czech Republic, no USD, no € there, so he'll have to pay some fees from his home currency the Czech Crown aka CZK to USD or € because of the exchange rate the TT11 bank will apply, so actually, it would be more than you think. The Czech Republic is a member of the EU, but it is NOT in the € area.

Also, bear in mind you're in Canada: when living in the EU the prices are higher, the blade you've mentioned is 65,29 here viewed from a european country in your dollar currency.
https://zupimages.net/up/22/26/6j57.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Jura lives in the Czech Republic, no USD, no € there, so he'll have to pay some fees from his home currency the Czech Crown aka CZK to USD or € because of the exchange rate the TT11 bank will apply, so actually, it would be more than you think. The Czech Republic is a member of the EU, but it is NOT in the € area.

You can pay with Revolut or other gateway to have reasonable rates and minimise fees.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
So the WSC then gets to 59€90, with exchange rate from CZK to € you can expect it to be in the 65€ mark.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 1 reviews

Also, bear in mind you're in Canada: when living in the EU the prices are higher, the blade you've mentioned is 65,29 here viewed from a european country in your dollar currency.
https://zupimages.net/up/22/26/6j57.jpg

Jura mentioned in his first post he is looking for recommendation for ALL+/OFF- ~50$ blade
I sure he knows what he is doing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Yeah blah blah... this is typical from people searching for excuse and derivating the intitial matter of the conversation to another one to try to disrupt the initial problem.

fact is:
- the price you've mentioned is wrong HERE in the EU, because you thought only as a person living in his own country, Canada for instance.

I'm not saying you didn't try to help, I'm just saying you've not taken EVERYTHING into consideration before keeping on arguing... This is an international forum, so ethnocentrism should be avoided.

Of your ego is hurt by simple facts that someone got straight, I'm not the person having a problem here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
I'm a big fan of Sweden Extra. Works great with vega euro and vega pro. Most of our students start off with Sweden Extra, although we're starting some off with Palio Energy series now, and I just got my hands on a Yinhe N11 and I'm thinking this might be a great blade to start with and I see it having a lot of potential for player growth.

Sweden extra looks like a great conservative option. I am planning on using rubbers you mentioned. Those other blades appear to be chinese, I would prefer somenting european made. Anyway, thanks :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
If you go that route, I'd rather recommend H3 (neo or non-neo) in hardness H37 for start, which you can buy here.

Yeah it still appears to be cheaper option then euro rubbers if I use that term correctly :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

Welp. I found only those two to be sub 6mm. That is my preferred thickness for looping 7ply. Thicker 7plys are stiffer and harder to loop with. These sub 6mm 7plies seem to be good middleground. Curiouses and cheap swats are still available in Poland if you would want to import it.

Could you (at least from specification - seems like not a lot of players know these blades) compare one of those 7-ply blades I listed - Andro Gauzy BL7, Andro Timber, Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro maybe with the TSP Swat you mentioned?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Could you (at least from specification - seems like not a lot of players know these blades) compare one of those 7-ply blades I listed - Andro Gauzy BL7, Andro Timber, Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro maybe with the TSP Swat you mentioned?

Quick google search yields info that:
Andro Timber 7 OFF is 6.8mm thick
Tibhar Force Pro Black is ~6.7 (got result from 6.6 to 6.8 with that search)

So they are way too thick for my licking.
Tibhar Force pro blue is ~6.1 - 6.2
Andro Gauzy BL7 is 5.7mm

So they probably would be somewhat similar to both curious and swat (both are ~5.9mm thick).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Yasaka Extra Offensive.
Butterfly Korbel.
Stiga Clipper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Get a Stiga Allround Eevolution, do the BEAST MOD on it, then call it a day. Still under $50 USD.

If you REALLY want to go cheapo, get TWO Yinhe 896 blades and do beast mod on both, you will STILL be under $50 USD, and still have enough beer money to put a dent on your thirst.

Donic Persson Powerplay Senso V2: beast mod ready ex factory. No tools necessary ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022

Quick google search yields info that:
Andro Timber 7 OFF is 6.8mm thick
Tibhar Force Pro Black is ~6.7 (got result from 6.6 to 6.8 with that search)

So they are way too thick for my licking.
Tibhar Force pro blue is ~6.1 - 6.2
Andro Gauzy BL7 is 5.7mm

So they probably would be somewhat similar to both curious and swat (both are ~5.9mm thick).

Awesome, thanks for the analysis. Since Tibhar has mixed opinions, I am kinda tempted by Gauzy BL7 but can't find a lot of reviews or comments on it, seems like it's not played a lot.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
I don't understand what is your problem. If OP didn't like my suggestion he would say this. He is looking for blade around $50. Does what he said. I recommended blade that cost $54. It fit to OP requirements.

I welcome any recommendation, but it is true as OldUser pointed out, that at this price point it's not worth to pay the shipping from other countries, because with the shipping cost you would get better blade from local dealer, but that would be probably out of my level, so I will probably buy something I can find at local dealers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I will preface by saying that I have not read this entire thread, but I just wanted to pitch in my own two cents. I am an intermediate (~1400-1500 USATT) player, and I recently switched back to an all-wood blade after playing with a carbon blade for about 8 months, seeking more control and feedback while I continue to improve my form. I tested the XIOM Offensive S, Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, and Yasaka Sweden Extra, all using the same rubber setup (H3 and Rakza Z). XIOM was disqualified for me due to it's over large handle, and mediocre feel on touch shots. The Tibhar SPW and YSE both felt good in drills, with the SPW being softer, and the YSE a bit crispier with it's feedback. I originally tried to play matches with the SPW, but found that the softer feedback wasn't helping me, and I was having trouble with touch shots. I much preferred the clear and direct feedback from the YSE, even though it is a little bit stiffer. With good form, I can still generate more than enough spin and speed, and I am much more confident in my shots. The finish on the SPW is really good, the wings come lightly sanded and the handle is nice, if a bit of an odd shape. It is more of an oval than normal, very thin vertically but wide horizontally. The YSE has a mediocre finish by comparison, but the material quality is good and I was able to sand it down to my preference quite easily.

TL;DR: Of all the all+/off- wood blades I have played with, the YSE gives by far the best feedback. It is a bit stiffer than most, but I think it is a worthwhile trade off for improved control. It performs as well as your form will allow for spin based shots at an intermediate level, and the consistency of feedback allowed my to hit better quality shots when compared to "softer" and more flexible blades.