I succeeded!

This user has no status.
I got my scores today, and went to a few interviews. I successfully convinced the best(no joke) international division in China to take me. I am now the proud student of the Experimental High School Attached to Beijing Normal University International Division( 北京师范大学附属实验中学国际部),one of the best high schools in China.
Thank you all for being a place where I can be with nice people with the same passion, and forget about all the stress.
Forever thankful, Leo

says Rozena! You complete me.
I got my scores today, and went to a few interviews. I successfully convinced the best(no joke) international division in China to take me. I am now the proud student of the Experimental High School Attached to Beijing Normal University International Division( 北京师范大学附属实验中学国际部),one of the best high schools in China.
Thank you all for being a place where I can be with nice people with the same passion, and forget about all the stress.
Forever thankful, Leo

The word Experimental sounds kinda out of place... like as if you are going to study in Area 51 or sumtin'.

And did you use Jedi Mind trick to convince em?

Just forget what I said above, I am just kiddin'.

Congrats to Future Dr Leo Phd in Trauma Surgery. May your dreams come true my young friend.

Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

The word Experimental sounds kinda out of place... like as if you are going to study in Area 51 or sumtin'.

And did you use Jedi Mind trick to convince em?

Just forget what I said above, I am just kiddin'.

Congrats to Future Dr Leo Phd in Trauma Surgery. May your dreams come true my young friend.

That "experimental" felt weird to me too when I was a kid, but having that in the name usually meant the school is pretty good 🤣. I remember someone explaining to me that these schools have "experimental" teaching methods, not for the entire school, but for maybe one or a few of the classes. And if it turned out beneficial, they'll report back up and the rest of the schools might adopt it.

Anyways, congrats to bird!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Another spam thread.

If you've got nothing constructive to say, just don't say anything. If you think this is a spam thread then report it through the report button. Your post in a thread that you defined as "spam" makes you the worst offender, i.e. contributing to a spam thread while you think it is a spam thread. 😂 That is the basically the same as knowingly and willfully breaking the law.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Oct 2016
Read 5 reviews
Yeah I did, you are on ignore list so your nerd staff is just worthless, but yeah IT would be a lot better with one big thread like dairy. I understand zeio

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Yeah I did, you are on ignore list so your nerd staff is just worthless, but yeah IT would be a lot better with one big thread like dairy. I understand zeio

I've heard of spider silk goat milk, but not sure we're ready for this yet.

And congrats, Leo. Hard work pays off. Way to go!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Good, that means instead of talking shit about you and your drama and feeling sorry for you at the same time, I can now just talk shit about you and your drama. 😏

• Haha
Another spam thread.
Cut the kid some slack my friend. Our young friend just got into some prestigious school and he is just being elated and hyper. Not sure about you, if I am in his shoe right now, I would feel the same and announce my proud achievement. Let him savour this moment.

This user has no status.
Cut the kid some slack my friend. Our young friend just got into some prestigious school and he is just being elated and hyper. Not sure about you, if I am in his shoe right now, I would feel the same and announce my proud achievement. Let him savour this moment.

Thanks good man!
by the way, Jedi I am not.
Use mind tricks I did not.
Believe me you MUST…🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

its called sour grapes.

People can hate the kid (hate is a strong word, and yes, I am using it) but still congratulate the kid...
Can't believe some adult is insulting a kid for getting into some prestigious school
unless Konrad is a kid too? someone that is younger and less mature than Leo....then maybe it is acceptable, but mature adult....shameful

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The head coach of the school i'm involved with has been coaching for almost 35 years now, he will retire next year.
Many junior and senior national players has gone through his ranks.
Many of them who didn't make national team still managed to become full time "A" division coaches and earn very decent livings as coaches.

He has a list of every kid that has graduated and all universities that they went to.
Many of these kids would come back after graduation from university and take photos with this coach.
When he is bored, he will sort out all photos, and make a collage per player, where the first time he had take a photo with this kid, a photo at high school graduation, a photo at university graduation, and some times even a photo of today. It is touching where the photos are each taken almost 5 years apart.

These kids, even though was under extreme hardship during training (and I can tell you most players would hate the coach and be a rebel at that time), still has a lot of respect for the coach, especially when they mature and become older.
Most of them have post graduate degrees.
Some of them are still in the TT circle, some of them not and many of them still visit the school to catch up with a chat with the coach.

Other than TT that I learn from him, is the importance of education.
And from what I can see with many students coming back to visit him - he sure done a damn good job in educating this kids.

A top pro coach in China once taught me
To learn how to play table tennis, you first need to learn how to be a human being.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Most don't understand the incredible pressure that Chinese parents put on their kids to succeed and do well in China. The reason is simple, the kids are expected to support the parents when they are old. When I was young, my father joked about our "Jewish" mother. My mother wasn't really "Jewish" but she put a lot of pressure on me like one. This isn't meant to derogatory, just the opposite. Think about it. How many Jews have Nobel prizes compared to the rest of the world. Do a search.
The US could benefit from a lot more Chinese or Jewish mothers but maybe with a little more moderation.

• Wow
Most don't understand the incredible pressure that Chinese parents put on their kids to succeed and do well in China. The reason is simple, the kids are expected to support the parents when they are old. When I was young, my father joked about our "Jewish" mother. My mother wasn't really "Jewish" but she put a lot of pressure on me like one. This isn't meant to derogatory, just the opposite. Think about it. How many Jews have Nobel prizes compared to the rest of the world. Do a search.
The US could benefit from a lot more Chinese or Jewish mothers but maybe with a little more moderation.
I am quoting from one of Ronny Chieng's routine, he said, " I never knew that Asians are good at maths. From where I came from ( Asia ) all of us are good at maths. I never knew it was a skill set " 🤣 This part starts at 1min 15 secs...

• Haha
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis