Which rubbers come with the glue-layer on sponge and plastic cover on sponge?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I have a sample jupiter 2, still haven't opened it
Big Dipper, I can't remember.
haven't glued a Big Dipper in a long time.
I think it has

PS I was the first person in this forum / western side of the world to use Big Dipper. I got it samples in before the launch and I think my reviews kindof made it famous (western stores started to stock it after forum hype)

Wow good job. I'm also a really big fan of Big Dipper, I think it's really a unique and underrated rubber. Where is your original review? I'd like to read it.

How do you see the differences between BD and Jupiter 3?

Having played just one session with Jupiter 3, I'm also very impressed by it. I think overall its quite similar to BD and fills the same role (a FH semi-tacky hybrid bouncy rubber), so I'm not sure why Yinhe sells both rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I never understood the boosting steps. I never really understood why you need to apply a water based glue layer and all that.

I just apply the booster directly to the sponge and wait for it to expand. It seems to work fine for me, but not sure if I'm missing out on something big?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Wow good job. I'm also a really big fan of Big Dipper, I think it's really a unique and underrated rubber. Where is your original review? I'd like to read it.

How do you see the differences between BD and Jupiter 3?

Having played just one session with Jupiter 3, I'm also very impressed by it. I think overall its quite similar to BD and fills the same role (a FH semi-tacky hybrid bouncy rubber), so I'm not sure why Yinhe sells both rubbers.

I had reviews here and MYTT
you gotto search for it, it was years ago.

I never used Jupiter before, so can't comment on that.

and yes, there are many similar products. There is many only like 30 different rubbers and maybe 200 blades to choose from (please don't shoot me if the numbers are wrong, I don't have time to count the pricelist, its my gut feeling lol).
I just choose a few that I think will work in my market, and settled for those.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I never understood the boosting steps. I never really understood why you need to apply a water based glue layer and all that.

I just apply the booster directly to the sponge and wait for it to expand. It seems to work fine for me, but not sure if I'm missing out on something big?

There is no "correct" way to boost.
boosting is one of those arts that each player will find they own favorite way of doing.

Other than the dozens of different boosters out there, the amount to be used, the number of times, and matching with what kind of glue and when, and the amount of times on different kinds of rubbers/sponge thickness.
The waiting time, natural air dry, or hairyered dry
versus, the tournament hall size, moisture index in the air etc
There are just so many factors that determine how to boost and prepare your bat, and players will have they own unique way to prepare for it.

I guess, it just comes by half what your coaches/seniors players tell you, and half of your own experiment.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
give you an example, most people will say the boosting dome effect must set before you glue.

Well, Xu Xin was in the bus behind one of my friends, at some universaide
His rubbers was wrapped around his arm (like a arm band).
He only glued the rubber on at the training hall
That doom was so strong, he walked around with the rubbers wrapped around his arm.

That same friend played in Boll's club when he went to play Pro in Germany and yeah, some of the stuff he saw there was different "quality" to what he saw back home. He didn't get to see how the German's glue, but the effect of those rubbers was beyond his rubbers and he was a Butterfly sponsored national player (very low end compared to Boll which is a Butterfly sponsored super star player)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Have you tried boosting Yinhe rubbers such as J3, BD, or Moon Speed?

Since they are already factory boosted, does the extra boosting have a adverse effect?

My friend said he tried boosting Moon Speed with Haifu but it didn't expand at all

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Have you tried boosting Yinhe rubbers such as J3, BD, or Moon Speed?

Since they are already factory boosted, does the extra boosting have a adverse effect?

My friend said he tried boosting Moon Speed with Haifu but it didn't expand at all

No, I did not.
Those are not my primary rubbers.
I only use them for testing purposes (to see what I should stock).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

I agree, I apply one layer of seamoon, absorb, two layers of glue, done.

I wonder what is the difference having a first layer of glue before the booster? To "slow" the effect of the booster to either lengthen the boosted time or increase boosted consistency across the rubber (glue + multiple layers of booster vs no glue and one layer of booster)? I wonder what the consensus among the Chinese philosophy on this topic?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
For me, Yinhe factory boosted rubbers seem to be best if used straight out of the package with only gluing the blade... Then remove after the rubber has broken in (a couple of weeks)... Then boost over the existing glue, add glue only to blade again and go.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Also I want to ask:

Moon Speed is advertised as having the same sponge as Big Dipper (the God's Crossbow sponge). But when I look at the sponge on BD and on Moon Speed, they don't look similar. BD has a denser sponge, whereas MS has a porous sponge.

Does anybody know really what's going on ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Also I want to ask:

Moon Speed is advertised as having the same sponge as Big Dipper (the God's Crossbow sponge). But when I look at the sponge on BD and on Moon Speed, they don't look similar. BD has a denser sponge, whereas MS has a porous sponge.

Does anybody know really what's going on ?

They are different sponges.
From what I can see from the catalogue,
say older models Moon Speed and Big Dipper, they already stated it is different sponges.
and with the newest catalogue, Moon Speed 53 seem to be different to Moon Speed too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Let me know if you get to test it. I'm very curious if its a improvement over Moon Speed, which I already regard as a excellent rubber at its price.