Help me choose PowerPong or TenniRobo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Help me decide between one of the PowerPong vs TenniRobo. Price is not a huge issue, otherwise I would be forced to choose the TenniRobo.
TenniRobo advantages: portable, flexible (can feed from different places).
PowerPong advantages: preprogrammed drills, catch net allows easier/longer use without having to pickup balls as often.

Thoughts? I think the biggest thing would be how programmable custom drills would be. Can anyone give a detailed comparison between the programming functionality of the two?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I’ve got both, and if I have to pick one I’d go with tennirobo, cheaper with really good software. There are two things I don’t quite like though, one is that sometimes balls get stuck , and you’ll have to manually fix that, and some times the ball timing is a bit off, like the ball frequency speeds up all of a sudden for a couple balls then slow back down to the frequency you set. The Powerpong omega I’ve got is really good with not getting balls stuck, and the frequency is very stable, and it can recycle balls so that’s a really big plus in my book. The downside of powerpong is that the head itself doesn’t turn , it only has a guiding rail that deflects the ball into the direction you want, it seems like a good idea but in reality it’s not, at least not for me. Because after using it for a while, the guiding rails gets dirty, and that increases friction, which also means the ball speed and spin are affected, you’ll have to clean it to regain the accuracy of the robot. As for the preprogrammed drills, don’t bother with them, they’re useless.

Reactions: tabletennisdaily1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022

Cool, that's really good information. Is it quick and easy or hard and time consuming to clean the guide rails? If it is easy then one could simply clean it after each practice, but maybe you are implying that it is a major hassle.

After some more pondering, I think I will have to agree with you, the TenniRobo does seem the better option.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

Cool, that's really good information. Is it quick and easy or hard and time consuming to clean the guide rails? If it is easy then one could simply clean it after each practice, but maybe you are implying that it is a major hassle.

After some more pondering, I think I will have to agree with you, the TenniRobo does seem the better option.

Well if it were like cleaning once every week, I wouldn’t mind it that much, but with the frequency I use it need to clean it about once an hour or so. It’s not hard to clean, just use your finger nails to scrape it a few times that’s all, but it gets annoying rather quickly if you have to do it all the time. The dirty bits are just the flaky powder on table tennis balls, which rubs again and again on the same position on the guide rails, and it accumulates rather quickly, especially with new balls. I used to have to clean it once every 15 or so minutes when I bought new training balls, now maybe once an hour is enough. Forgot there’s one more thing I don’t like about powerpong’s software, it doesn’t show the specific rpm it’s putting on the ball, and the gradation is only has integer intervals from -7 to 7, whereas tennirobo gives you full control of the entire rpm range the motor it uses.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
i am not much help because i never owned or played with the power pong.
However I am happy with my tennirobo.
I found that when sometimes it is not feeding balls i quickly press the stop button then restart and the balls come out again.
I never had the problem with varying frequencies of delivery and speed of the balls

I never used the drill part because i am too lazy to set it up and i know that i would not be able to copeif i program too
many different shots. I would have to keep it to a small number of shots and then repeat the sequence. If I would loose track of the sequence it would all be too fast for me.

I do use the pro random feature which keeps me on my toes.

Because the movement of the heads is so small one must concentrate very hard on the ball and the headmovents
otherwise when the shot is released one will be too slow to react and by the time one gets the blade in position the ball has long gone past it.

I bought a catch net and made a contraption using big plastic pipes. Whatever balls go into the net end up in a card board box.
When the feederbucket is empty I grab a cardboard box full of balls and top up. Takes seconds.

Good service from the manufacturer, Sergei is a nice guy, I just hope Putin leaves him alone.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Well if it were like cleaning once every week, I wouldn’t mind it that much, but with the frequency I use it need to clean it about once an hour or so. It’s not hard to clean, just use your finger nails to scrape it a few times that’s all, but it gets annoying rather quickly if you have to do it all the time. The dirty bits are just the flaky powder on table tennis balls, which rubs again and again on the same position on the guide rails, and it accumulates rather quickly, especially with new balls. I used to have to clean it once every 15 or so minutes when I bought new training balls, now maybe once an hour is enough. Forgot there’s one more thing I don’t like about powerpong’s software, it doesn’t show the specific rpm it’s putting on the ball, and the gradation is only has integer intervals from -7 to 7, whereas tennirobo gives you full control of the entire rpm range the motor it uses.

did you wash the new balls ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

did you wash the new balls ?

Yep, doesn’t help either, I’ve even tried putting a few layers of ceramic coating on the guide rails to make it slicker, didn’t really help either. I still use it as it recycles the balls and it has a stable frequency, that’s the only two reasons keeping me with it for now. I’ve also got a Joola infinity robot , if you’re thinking about getting I would strongly recommend wait for the final retail version, as the pre-retail one I’ve got eats balls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner lol for the few days I’ve tried using it, it broke no less than 20 balls, averaging about 4-5 a day, their ball feeder mechanism needs some serious reworking .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
folks, check out what is the best overall table tennis robot currently on the market?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Unfortunately, due to the war, TenniRobo is unavailable. On a positive note, Sergei did say there is a new version in the works. I wonder if I should wait for it, or get the taobao one, which looks like a cheap version of the PowerPong.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

Yep, doesn’t help either, I’ve even tried putting a few layers of ceramic coating on the guide rails to make it slicker, didn’t really help either. I still use it as it recycles the balls and it has a stable frequency, that’s the only two reasons keeping me with it for now. I’ve also got a Joola infinity robot , if you’re thinking about getting I would strongly recommend wait for the final retail version, as the pre-retail one I’ve got eats balls for breakfast, lunch, and dinner lol for the few days I’ve tried using it, it broke no less than 20 balls, averaging about 4-5 a day, their ball feeder mechanism needs some serious reworking .

I also have Joola Infinity and I would urge to stay away as well. It required a lot of hacks to make it work (all of which I documented on owners group. If you have issues check them, hope they help).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews

I also have Joola Infinity and I would urge to stay away as well. It required a lot of hacks to make it work (all of which I documented on owners group. If you have issues check them, hope they help).

Do you have a link to that group? I might give them a try when I’m free this weekend.

Last edited: