Nittaku Acoustic with Hurricane 3

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Did you test your acoustic with a new and unboosted H3? I have found that after boosting a rubber, it never returns to the original unboosted state. It always keeps 60-70% of the boosted level of bounciness.

Also, the other day I tried a friend's Acoustic Carbon. I thought it was very underwhelming, and didn't have a great feeling. It was just another random carbon blade. But of course, the 5w Acoustic might be way different.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have found that after boosting a rubber, it never returns to the original unboosted state. It always keeps 60-70% of the boosted level of bounciness.

I can't put an actual percentage figure on it but yep, it is my experience too.
So I routinely give my new H3 and Rxton5 rubbers a single coat of seamoon and glue them on the blade and they stay there till i think it needs to be renewed.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Super video with plenty of nice shots and impressive technique. I really want to believe that the OP can sustain the same power during a whole match. Unfortunately for me I can't, but still trying to...

When we consider that the OP admits that his technique is "not so good" , one can say that he gives some mighty shots.
It also shows very clearly that one does not need to to boost the "living bejeises" out of a commercial H3 do get some great shots out of it. But then I always knew that 😁

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
One thing I notice that tacky chinese rubber can do that ESN-tensor cannot is the inside table loop-kill or flick-kill. Watch Xu Xin closely.

Is my observation correct? What do you guys think? I do not recall Euro players doing that.

For the benefit of "world peace" , the table tennis world that is, and with heavy heart , I have to say "I disagree".
Any good player can do the fh flick, regardless of rubber or blade . Surely !

Did you test your acoustic with a new and unboosted H3? I have found that after boosting a rubber, it never returns to the original unboosted state. It always keeps 60-70% of the boosted level of bounciness.

Also, the other day I tried a friend's Acoustic Carbon. I thought it was very underwhelming, and didn't have a great feeling. It was just another random carbon blade. But of course, the 5w Acoustic might be way different.

Nope, I used commercial H3, with which I already played for a couple of months. But it was boosted once with a single layer of Seamoon back then, never re-boosted.
Never tried Acoustic Carbon, can't really compare these two...always wanted to try Acoustic Carbon Inner though.

Super video with plenty of nice shots and impressive technique. I really want to believe that the OP can sustain the same power during a whole match. Unfortunately for me I can't, but still trying to...

I want to believe that too! But I really can't :) Hence there's no actual gameplay video, it will not show Acoustic on the good side. My goal was to show that with the proper preparation for the shot (footwork, technique) Acoustic can do magic.
For me, flexible blades were always way to go. With HL5 I was able to loop kill many balls as well, but it lacked control in general, IMO.

One thing I notice that tacky chinese rubber can do that ESN-tensor cannot is the inside table loop-kill or flick-kill. Watch Xu Xin closely.

Is my observation correct? What do you guys think? I do not recall Euro players doing that.

Flicking with H3 on the FH is amazing, I can definitely agree. For some reason I am able to control the angle much better, than with ESN rubber on the FH during the flick. Or may be it's just a matter of practicing more with ESN 🤷

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Nice review! I'm also using the Nittaku Acoustic LG with unboosted Hurricane 3 Neo, with a Rakza Z on my backhand.

There is a Large Handle version. I wonder if the more elastic Hurricane 8 hard will perform better unboosted.

Maybe use a powerful rubber on the backhand, e.g. MXP to compensate the lack of power of the wood.

Looking forward to your update!

Maybe use a powerful rubber on the backhand, e.g. MXP to compensate the lack of power of the wood.

Actually, I did.
I've glued Dignics 05 on the backhand side and now it's just outstanding, I can even counter loop with this setup on the BH, which I never excel at...Just flick the wrist and boom!
It's very sensitive to the incoming spinny balls, the wrist has to be very relaxed and precise to land the ball on the table.

I now want to test it with National H3 BS on the FH :) Should I make another vid on that?