H3 not work with some blades?

This user has no status.
For some reason I can only use H3 on FH if I want to play well. But I use Boll ALCs. I have gotten criticism and even hate, mostly from Chinese forums for using H3 on a Boll ALC, unboosted for that matter. I feel fine using the combo mostly, but sometimes it does feel weird. Is it true that I can’t use H3 on a Boll series blade? What other combo should be avoided? Must I boost?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Personally I think H3 is much better boosted, and that makes sense since the entire China team boosts their H3 to the point of breakage.

I don't see why H3 can't be used with Boll ALC? Lin GY and FZD and ZJK all used H3 on Viscaria-structure blade.

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
For some reason I can only use H3 on FH if I want to play well. But I use Boll ALCs. I have gotten criticism and even hate, mostly from Chinese forums for using H3 on a Boll ALC, unboosted for that matter. I feel fine using the combo mostly, but sometimes it does feel weird. Is it true that I can’t use H3 on a Boll series blade? What other combo should be avoided? Must I boost?

Are you using a commercial one or a prov . And if you could likely share, may i know your feedback of your setup esp I'm interested since you use it without boosting your h3. I've been suggested by some players to try out the h3 without boosting first so I'm curious of your impression.

This user has no status.

Are you using a commercial one or a prov . And if you could likely share, may i know your feedback of your setup esp I'm interested since you use it without boosting your h3. I've been suggested by some players to try out the h3 without boosting first so I'm curious of your impression.

Provincial OS and BS, 39 degrees

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021

In the People's Republic of Middle-stan, only certain blade are approved by the People's Table-Tennis Party as per Article XXIIV of Party Constituition. They are:

1. Butterfly's Viscaria with neoH3 and Tenergy 05 for male players
2. Stiga's Carbonado with neoH3 and Tenergy 05 for female players.

All others are not approved and wlll be dealt with party disciplinary action in due course presided by Party Chairman for Life Kommisar Liu.

Last edited:
This user has no status.

In the People's Republic of Middle-stan, only certain blade are approved by the People's Table-Tennis Party. They are:

1. Butterfly's Viscaria with neoH3 and Tenergy 05 for male players
2. Stiga Carbonado with neoH3 and Tenergy 05 for female players.

All others are not approved and wlll be dealt with party disciplinary action in due course.

Glory to the resistance!!!
[Gun shots]
[Injured grunting]
Many will rise while I fall, for freedom to use table tennis equipment!
[Gun shots]

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Glory to the resistance!!!
[Gun shots]
[Injured grunting]
Many will rise while I fall, for freedom to use table tennis equipment!
[Gun shots]

Ohh what horror 😄 and it is getting worse.

I have been told that because of their recent failures in the doubles and single finals
at the WTT Feeder Otocec 2022 the 2 young men were banned to return to mother china and have to now live in Hongkong

• Wow
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Personally I think H3 is much better boosted, and that makes sense since the entire China team boosts their H3 to the point of breakage.

I don't see why H3 can't be used with Boll ALC? Lin GY and FZD and ZJK all used H3 on Viscaria-structure blade.

H3 definitely plays better boosted ;)
Regarding blades/blade rubber combinations: Mostly personal preferences. I like a bit more flexible blades better with H3 than stiffer ones and still prefer slower all-wood blades. The only blade that I somewhat disliked with H3 was the Tibhar Lebesson (quite special construction https://ttgearlab.wordpress.com/2017/02/06/review-tibhar-e-lebesson/).
My Yinhe V14 Pro should be quite similar to a TB ALC from what I've read (maybe even a bit stiffer and faster) and that works really well with H3 but needs proper training and technique to keep under control all the time.
What I would do/try to do is to train with a good chopper and try out different blades. If I see that I have problems landing my spinny and/or hard loops on the table than I know that I 1) need more training and/or 2) should use a slower, easier to control setup.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Some how Viscaria is “perfect” with H3 and TB ALC “sucks” with the same rubbers

I feel like this is a myth. I've tried several viscarias and they felt near identical to several TB ALCs I've tried (and my own). Their composition seems to be exactly the same according to Butterfly, some argue they do something to make the TB ALC slightly harder.. but has that even been confirmed? And even if they did, the difference should still be tiny.

It's hard enough to believe what some pros say about equipment and they mostly hit the ball in similar ways.. so I think it's even more difficult to get accurate statements from us amateurs who hit the ball in usually more unorthodox ways.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Well I personally feel that H3 suits inner-carbon blades better. It amplifies the strength of H3, namely its spin, arc, and kick.

On outer-alc, H3 feels more tame to me, and lacks the impressive extra gear that you see on inner-alc. But if you're going to use outer-alc anyways, I really doubt there is a big difference between Viscaria or TB ALC or any other similar blades.

Reactions: matzreenzi
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This kind of H3 thread... Ahahahahahaha Hahahahhaahh.Ooh...

H3. Is it good, is it bad? Am I good enough to use it? Do I have to tune it. Should I tune a fish? Should I lick the tuner, or the scissors?

Must I do a search and destroy mission to find and use the treasured NATIONAL version? Is it fake, is it real? What color is it? How is it cut? How does it feel? Will I get a shoulder injury within the next year?

Does anyone realize we have this discussion on a thread literally every week? This isn't old yet?

The only good thing about all these H3 discussions is that Carl will get a fresh pile of used National versions to hire his attractive assistant to move in on the bait pile of Natl H3 and send the Gon Squad down the trap door (that Carl activates remotely) and into his dark basement septic tank for a one week stay.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

H3. Is it good, is it bad? Am I good enough to use it? Do I have to tune it. Should I tune a fish? Should I lick the tuner, or the scissors?

Must I do a search and destroy mission to find and use the treasured NATIONAL version? Is it fake, is it real? What color is it? How is it cut? How does it feel? Will I get a shoulder injury within the next year?

Does anyone realize we have this discussion on a thread literally every week? This isn't old yet?

The only good thing about all these H3 discussions is that Carl will get a fresh pile of used National versions to hire his attractive assistant to move in on the bait pile of Natl H3 and send the Gon Squad down the trap door (that Carl activates remotely) and into his dark basement septic tank for a one week stay.

Hey du J-penner, tune a fish, das ist ECHT DER hammer.

---

(Weekly H3 threads like that form the TTD folklore, don't fight it! :)

• Haha
Reactions: lodro and Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews
I think h3 can work with almost any blade… I think maybe just mess with the hardness and boosting. I used to hate my current blade because it required extremely precise technique with unboosted hurricane. Since boosting it’s made much more forgiving.

I think it’s a matter of hardness as well as if you boost or not

This user has no status.

I really need help on this one. Is there a big difference between Viscaria and TB

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Non-sense. My 3rd coach was Guo Hao. He played with a TB ALC H3 National unboosted on his FH and T05 BH. He said was a standard setup of the CNT at that time, 2015. Here is a video of Guo Hao beating Wang Jinxing in the Seattle open.
https://youtu.be/vuH_sxH1yiU
Hao is the smaller one in the blue shirt.
Wang Jinxing had just won the US Open in Las Vegas a few months earlier.
So what is wrong with a TB ALC?
Hao convinced me to buy a TB ALC as a backup or primary blade for my TBS. I think they both play about the same.

BTW, Hao was 1/3 my age. I couldn't get him to be serious unless we played handicap matches. Hao never beat me with a 6 ball handicap. 5 ball handicaps were a good match but I could never get the handicap below 5. Hao was a good guy and a lot of fun to play with. Eventually Hao went back home to Tianjin and wasn't allowed to come back to the US . He probably violated the terms of his visa.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
I really need help on this one. Is there a big difference between Viscaria and TB

Official answer from Butterfly: zero difference. Viscaria, Zhang Jike ALC, Lin Gaoyuan ALC, Matsudaira Kenta ALC, Timo Boll ALC and Timo Boll Spirit all have the same reaction and vibration property. They all have the same head size (157 mm x 150 mm) and the same thickness (5.8 mm) except Lin Gaoyuan ALC (5.7 mm).
https://butterflyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/BladeSpecifications.pdf
or
https://butterflyonline.com/Templates/BladeSpecifications.pdf

This user has no status.
Non-sense. My 3rd coach was Guo Hao. He played with a TB ALC H3 National unboosted on his FH and T05 BH. He said was a standard setup of the CNT at that time, 2015. Here is a video of Guo Hao beating Wang Jinxing in the Seattle open.
https://youtu.be/vuH_sxH1yiU
Hao is the smaller one in the blue shirt.
Wang Jinxing had just won the US Open in Las Vegas a few months earlier.
So what is wrong with a TB ALC?
Hao convinced me to buy a TB ALC as a backup or primary blade for my TBS. I think they both play about the same.

BTW, Hao was 1/3 my age. I couldn't get him to be serious unless we played handicap matches. Hao never beat me with a 6 ball handicap. 5 ball handicaps were a good match but I could never get the handicap below 5. Hao was a good guy and a lot of fun to play with. Eventually Hao went back home to Tianjin and wasn't allowed to come back to the US . He probably violated the terms of his visa.

Well that give a good enough answer. I’d rather believe a great player than some dooche on the Chinese forums.
Thanks