Butterfly Innerforce AL

paf

This user has no status.

paf

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Hello,
As this blade is discontinued I am trying to find one similar to it.
Does anyone have ideas ?
Thanks
paf

paf

This user has no status.

paf

This user has no status.
Feb 2011

I have been thinking about ALC.S but couldn't find any review that compared the AL with ALC.S
Did you play with both ?

paf

This user has no status.

paf

This user has no status.
Feb 2011

To explain a bit more what I am looking for I have to tell what I have been playing with recently :
The last year I played a Nittaku Violin with H3 on both sides and I really love the combo.
I have this Innerforce AL for years but never rellay found the time to test it.
Now that I did I just can't believe how easy and more natural some of my shots are with the Innerforce AL
For example the BH counterhit, playing with the Violin I had to take care not hitting the far end side of the blade to avoid too much flex; now playing with the IF AL I can feel (like a perfect visualization) so precisely that place that I naturally go for it even without thinking.

Being an allround player and wanting to keep more control and feeling over the ball I always played with all-wood blades and it was the first time I tried a "carbon" blade (the Innerforce AL has only arylate and no carbon), so I am shocked that I never felt as much control and feeling as with this Innerforce AL.

Unfortunately this blade is discontinued and I like to have several blades with the same combo as the H3 need to be boosted and boosting a rubber take some time...

paf

This user has no status.

paf

This user has no status.
Feb 2011

For example the BH counterhit, playing with the Violin I had to take care not hitting the far end side of the blade to avoid too much flex; now playing with the IF AL I can feel (like a perfect visualization) so precisely that place that I naturally go for it even without thinking.

I wanted to say : "the best place on the blade where to touch the ball"
The feeling of that "sweet spot" on the BH counterhit for example is as precise as the size of a ball

paf

This user has no status.

paf

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
If You don’t like flex stay away from innerforce ALC.S. It’s the flexiest blade own.

Cheers
L-zr

I didn't say that I don't like flex.
I just said that in BH counterhit, playing with the Violin, I had to take care not hitting the far end side of the blade to avoid too much flex

I actually like the flex in the blade when used properly

paf

This user has no status.

paf

This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I just have been reading a lot about the Butterfly innerforce and it seems that I won't find another IF AL.
Especially I found many old reviews (from the time when it was still available) in forums where it is compared to the other Innerforce : its higher control was always highlighted as its possible speed when played with good technique.
Butterfly answered me that the closest blades in their range could be the Innerforce Layer ALC.S or the Innerforce Layer ZLF, but after reading recent reviews of these two blades I guess they are different enough so that I am not gonna buy one of them without testing first.

So at the moment I am trying to find a second-hand IF AL.
Has someone one for sale ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I just have been reading a lot about the Butterfly innerforce and it seems that I won't find another IF AL.
Especially I found many old reviews (from the time when it was still available) in forums where it is compared to the other Innerforce : its higher control was always highlighted as its possible speed when played with good technique.
Butterfly answered me that the closest blades in their range could be the Innerforce Layer ALC.S or the Innerforce Layer ZLF, but after reading recent reviews of these two blades I guess they are different enough so that I am not gonna buy one of them without testing first.

So at the moment I am trying to find a second-hand IF AL.
Has someone one for sale ?
Like I said in my previous post , I have one for sale, like new condition.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

To explain a bit more what I am looking for I have to tell what I have been playing with recently :
The last year I played a Nittaku Violin with H3 on both sides and I really love the combo.
I have this Innerforce AL for years but never rellay found the time to test it.
Now that I did I just can't believe how easy and more natural some of my shots are with the Innerforce AL

Being an allround player and wanting to keep more control and feeling over the ball I always played with all-wood blades and it was the first time I tried a "carbon" blade (the Innerforce AL has only arylate and no carbon), so I am shocked that I never felt as much control and feeling as with this Innerforce AL.

Unfortunately this blade is discontinued and I like to have several blades with the same combo as the H3 need to be boosted and boosting a rubber take some time...

I am honestly surprised that Butterfly ever made a blade only using Arylate, and not surprised that they are not making it anymore. When i made my zlc blades I considered also making a blade only using Kevlar but decided against it.
I am however convinced that any good artisan-blademaker could make a blade that would be a near perfect copy of the
Butterfly AL

I am honestly surprised that Butterfly ever made a blade only using Arylate, and not surprised that they are not making it anymore. When i made my zlc blades I considered also making a blade only using Kevlar but decided against it.
I am however convinced that any good artisan-blademaker could make a blade that would be a near perfect copy of the
Butterfly AL

probably Mr. Vodak in Czech Republic can do it very similary.
https://vodak-dreva.cz/en/all-/140-vodak-diolen-control-all-.html

paf

This user has no status.

paf

This user has no status.
Feb 2011

Butterfly AL

I actually ordered one to SDC (waiting list for 11 weeks)

Reactions: lodro
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014

Butterfly AL

Butterfly actually made quite a few arylate only blades such as Moonbeam, Retriever, Boll Spark and a Japanese penhold if my memory serves correct. Still not surprised they do not exist anymore as ALC is the clearly superior fiber

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hello,
As this blade is discontinued I am trying to find one similar to it.
Does anyone have ideas ?
Thanks
paf

Paf,
I read this maybe 6 months after you post - have you been able to find IF AL ?
I do have a new one - from years ago - new old stock (NOS)

Cheers