WTT in Budapest 2022

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
The Japanese Men's Team is having a disastrous tournament...
Niwa, Uda, Harimoto , Togami (twice !!!) knocked out by tier2 players...

Felix Lebrun performed very well, he can even regret not having converted 2 game points in G4 against Ma Long.

i hope Diaz will finally get kicked out of top10 after losing to yet another out-of-top-20 player. how do those ratings work

Last edited:

vik

This user has no status.

vik

This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Takkyu_wa_inochi;375197The Japanese Men's Team is having a disastrous tournament...

Felix Lebrun performed very well, he can even regret not having converted 2 game points in G4 against Ma Long.

i hope Diaz will finally get kicked out of top10 after losing to yet another out-of-top-20 player. how do those ratings work

What happened to Harimoto?He was better at 15 than now.

The Japanese Men's Team is having a disastrous tournament...

The Lebrun brothers are on fire at the moment!!! They both got to semi finals of the national French Championships!!! Europe has some top players!!!! Everyone's a world away from the Chinese!!! Just hope we can close the gap !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2021

That was a great match, and more closely contested than just seeing the 3-1 scoreline would suggest. Felix showed no fear.

I also thought it was cool when commentator mentioned that masked Ma Long was in the stands by himself watching Lebrun's previous match to analyse. He clearly respects his game, probably even more so after the fight he put up today

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017

What happened to Harimoto?He was better at 15 than now.

He is taller and heavier which I guess wasn't helpful for his close to the table play. He couldn't really improve his footwork during the last years, he has technical deficiencies on his forehand and I think his service and overall play isn't flexible enough. Other young players like Moregard or Lebrun have better footwork and improved a lot more in the last years. It seems like Harimoto is progressing in the doubles/mixed games, in the singles it's the opposite. He is not a real Top 10 player anymore. In general the japanese men are in bad shape lately. They have a new head coach and seems like it's not progressing well for them.

This user has no status.
Watching the live stream I see recent results, with a 3-2 win over Wang Chuqin by Kristian Karlsson.

Formidable upset, if true. What happened?

I will preface this by mentioning I was unable to watch the Karlsson-Wang game, but I imagine it was a combination of a strong Karlsson who was looking for revenge after his early exist last week combined with a Wang who might not have reached his peak or felt tired after the event a few days ago. Not making any excuses for Wang though and Karlsson deserves a big win to me. I feel as if Möregårdh will suffer the same fate later today and lose to Freitas..

Last edited:
Reactions: jammmail and yoass
This user has no status.
Great match getting going between Alexis and Dima right now. Already a bit of tension but I love that Alexis doesn't seem to care who he's playing. I noticed Felix giving Ma Long looks for not playing at his (very fast) speed last week and thought this kid has some attitude - same for his bro apparently. Gotta love their creativity too.

This user has no status.

I will preface this by mentioning I was unable to watch the Karlsson-Wang game, but I imagine it was a combination of a strong Karlsson who was looking for revenge after his early exist last week combined with a Wang who might not have reached his peak or felt tired after the event a few days ago. Not making any excuses for Wang though and Karlsson deserves a big win to me. I feel as if Möregårdh will suffer the same fate later today and lose to Freitas..

I was right about Freitas vs Möregårdh. I remember last year after WTT Contender Budapest that Möregårdh won, he went to a smaller ITTF event in Czechia and went out in the semis being tired/injured. It takes a toll to play in events 2 days after you finished one. Freitas is also a strong player that has beaten Möregårdh every time in the past.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Watching the live stream I see recent results, with a 3-2 win over Wang Chuqin by Kristian Karlsson.

Formidable upset, if true. What happened?

Chinese's racket got banned for having too thick rubbers. Wang Chuqin known to boost a lot.