Backhand Rubber suggestions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi,

i am an intermediate player who is looking for a medium soft rubber for my backhand. i generally favour spin over speed for my backhand since i have used andro hexer duro in the past which felt great until i worn it out(cant really find another hexer duro). i have tried rakza 7 soft and found that it does not provide the amount of spin that hexer duro provides. so now i am in search for a decent replacement.

Just like to get some feedbacks on these rubbers so i can come up with my tier list on what to get when i get to my local shop.

1) Joola rhyzer 43
2) andro R45
3) Victas V>15 stiff
4) victas Ventus stiff
5) andro hexer grip sfx/ powergrip sfx
6) xiom omega 7 euro
7) xiom vega euro

feel free to give me other rubber recommendations even its not in the list above.

Your help is much appreciated

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Vega X (successor of Vega pro) is very spinny. Don’t be fooled by its price. It’s spin is equivalent to 90% of D05. I have used both.

I have used Vega Europe and O7 Europe. Both aren’t as spinny as Vega X.

If you have the money, go straight to D05 or D64. Otherwise Vega X and O7 Pro are medium soft and very spinny.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Vega X (successor of Vega pro) is very spinny. Don’t be fooled by its price. It’s spin is equivalent to 90% of D05. I have used both.

I have used Vega Europe and O7 Europe. Both aren’t as spinny as Vega X.

If you have the money, go straight to D05 or D64. Otherwise Vega X and O7 Pro are medium soft and very spinny.

How is vega series compared to gold arc 8?

This user has no status.
Maybe the Joola Rhyzen Fire should be on your Radar if it goes the Rhyzer 43 or Hexer destination.(in my opinion he should be at least as spinny as those 2 or even a tad more,never played them just got this info from another Forum)
If it should go more on the Harder side and more speed,the Tibhar Quantum X Pro could also be a good choice to consider,to maybe upgrade your list.
Only Played the Vega Pro in Max on FH

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi,

i am an intermediate player who is looking for a medium soft rubber for my backhand. i generally favour spin over speed for my backhand since i have used andro hexer duro in the past which felt great until i worn it out(cant really find another hexer duro). i have tried rakza 7 soft and found that it does not provide the amount of spin that hexer duro provides. so now i am in search for a decent replacement.

Just like to get some feedbacks on these rubbers so i can come up with my tier list on what to get when i get to my local shop.

1) Joola rhyzer 43
2) andro R45
3) Victas V>15 stiff
4) victas Ventus stiff
5) andro hexer grip sfx/ powergrip sfx
6) xiom omega 7 euro
7) xiom vega euro

feel free to give me other rubber recommendations even its not in the list above.

Your help is much appreciated
https://youtu.be/dAJnqDwuuSk

Have a look at this YT video. Hope it is of help to your search.

I personally use interchangeably:

1. Xiom Vega Europe
2. Donic Bluefire M2
3. Andro Rasanter R45 EC

If you need to ask any specific info about them, drop me a private message or here. I'll try my best to answer you.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I switched from D09C to D05 for my BH, really pleased, but requires a softer feeling as it bounces quickly out. Flicks are very good and counter blocks very fast. I use Viscaria SALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I switched from D09C to D05 for my BH, really pleased, but requires a softer feeling as it bounces quickly out. Flicks are very good and counter blocks very fast. I use Viscaria SALC.

I dont think i have the necessary skills and financial backing to use D05 hahaha😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Baracuda topsheet is very durable. Its hardness is 42 degrees, not 47. I thought you're looking for high throw rubbers. Rising dragon does not have high throw.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

If you are open to something with some tack, Rakza Z is a great backhand rubber, especially if you focus on spinning the ball. The harder sponge has speed if you need it, but the top sheet is both very grippy and very tacky, allowing for tons of spin. The hard sponge and tackiness make it incredibly consistent in the short game too, I frequently get comments on how heavy my pushes are. I also used rakza 7 soft and had a hard time with it on the backhand, definitely hard to get a lot of spin out of it. As for the non-tacky stuff, I would give R48 a try. I think it feels nearly as soft as R45, but offers more control in the short game. I don't know what, but they changed something about the topsheet or sponge, it is not just a slightly harder r47. Compared to Donic Bluestorm, I think it offers better spin potential with more control, at the cost of a bit of speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

If you are open to something with some tack, Rakza Z is a great backhand rubber, especially if you focus on spinning the ball. The harder sponge has speed if you need it, but the top sheet is both very grippy and very tacky, allowing for tons of spin. The hard sponge and tackiness make it incredibly consistent in the short game too, I frequently get comments on how heavy my pushes are. I also used rakza 7 soft and had a hard time with it on the backhand, definitely hard to get a lot of spin out of it. As for the non-tacky stuff, I would give R48 a try. I think it feels nearly as soft as R45, but offers more control in the short game. I don't know what, but they changed something about the topsheet or sponge, it is not just a slightly harder r47. Compared to Donic Bluestorm, I think it offers better spin potential with more control, at the cost of a bit of speed.

Another vote for R47 or C47 - both great BH rubbers in my opinion.

With what I'm playing with right now is Palio AK47 Blue sponge and it is a very affordable rubber and very great on your bh. I can do flicks very well with it and blocking is amazing. I get a good amount of spin when I attack with my bh. I got it off amazon for around 15 or 18 and has lasted me since January.

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Other options could be -
Xiom Vega Euro DF, (As well as the std version)
Tibhar Evolution FXS

I have used Andro R45, which is a decent rubber, as is R48, of the 2, I would personally go with R48. But if you like a softer feel, then R45 fits that bill better.
Currently I have Rakza Z on my BH, like riversquirrel I think it’s a good rubber for BH.

Reactions: riversquirrel