Fan Zhendong blade series!!

This user has no status.
Also wonder why FZD gets 5 blades to his name, but LGY only has 1 blade.

TB has 2 I think? LYJ has 1.

ZJK has 3. Harimoto has 3.

What is the thought behind giving some players 5 blades, but other players only 1 or 2.
Timo Boll has 6
add on the Spirit and Spark, you get 8 blades

(ALC, ZLC, ZLF, T5000, W5, W7, TB Spirit, TB Spark)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Also wonder why FZD gets 5 blades to his name, but LGY only has 1 blade.

TB has 2 I think? LYJ has 1.

ZJK has 3. Harimoto has 3.

What is the thought behind giving some players 5 blades, but other players only 1 or 2.

LGY has 2: ALC and SZLC with yellow stripe on handle (only in China)

I would assume the ALC will be the best seller. Who knows, a Golden FZD is on its way soon?

says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Ohh yeah, forgot about that 😂 my friend who was a provincial player was here last week, he also trained with the CNT for a while, so last week for me was ping pong training all week long, still pretty tried but extremely satisfied with the progress I made .

Alright. Longing for it then:)

NDH

says Spin to win!
I know some people are expecting a revolutionary new blade/technology..... but there just isn't anything that can improve the current offering.

The FZD "signature" blade (the one he uses), is....... drum roll please....... A rebranded TB ALC, which is a rebranded Viscaria.

I know people say the TB ALC and Viscaria are different, but Butterfly don't think they are, and any changes online users can feel, are either because they want to feel a difference, or because you get minor differences between 2 of the same blade anyway.

The question is going to be...... Will Butterfly try and take advantage of the FZD name (and recoup some of their costs), and charge a higher price for this blade?

I've actually been semi impressed that they've not charged more for some of the recent releases.

The Haimoto ALC and Ovtcharov ALC were all priced in line with the other blades - No big mark up because it's a new blade.

But let's be real. If Butterfly charge an extra 20% over the TB ALC and Viscaria.... It'll still sell in seconds!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I know some people are expecting a revolutionary new blade/technology..... but there just isn't anything that can improve the current offering.

The FZD "signature" blade (the one he uses), is....... drum roll please....... A rebranded TB ALC, which is a rebranded Viscaria.

I know people say the TB ALC and Viscaria are different, but Butterfly don't think they are, and any changes online users can feel, are either because they want to feel a difference, or because you get minor differences between 2 of the same blade anyway.

The question is going to be...... Will Butterfly try and take advantage of the FZD name (and recoup some of their costs), and charge a higher price for this blade?

I've actually been semi impressed that they've not charged more for some of the recent releases.

The Haimoto ALC and Ovtcharov ALC were all priced in line with the other blades - No big mark up because it's a new blade.

But let's be real. If Butterfly charge an extra 20% over the TB ALC and Viscaria.... It'll still sell in seconds!

The different models with viscaria structure are still slightly different, e.g. a viscaria has more vibration than a boll alc, but these differences are very small and there is more variation between different blades of the same model. I would expect this FZD alc to be basically the same as a viscaria, but there may be some very small difference.

NDH

says Spin to win!

The different models with viscaria structure are still slightly different, e.g. a viscaria has more vibration than a boll alc, but these differences are very small and there is more variation between different blades of the same model. I would expect this FZD alc to be basically the same as a viscaria, but there may be some very small difference.

Not according to Butterfly.

Both are listed as:

Vibration: 10.3
Reaction: 11.8

The only "evidence" I've seen of there being a difference, is online users saying they feel one..... Which may be true, and it could be down to the natural difference in manufacture/wood.

Although I very much suspect the vast majority of people who say they feel a difference, do so because the blade is different and they want to feel a difference.

Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Actually the FZD ALC is cheaper than a Viscaria in Japan ;)
FZD ALC https://www.butterfly.shop/category/SHAKE/37221.html 19800 Yen

Viscaria https://www.butterfly.shop/category/SHAKE/30041.html 22000 Yen

This user has no status.

The Viscaria and the Ovtcharov ALC are at increased price here in China. The TB ALC is standard price, and The Harimoto ALC is at a big discount
Viscaria: 1410CNY
Ovtchrov: 1410CNY
Boll: 1380 CNY
Harimoto: 980 CNY
All butterfly blades and rubbers get a 25% discount in China.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
The Viscaria and the Ovtcharov ALC are at increased price here in China. The TB ALC is standard price, and The Harimoto ALC is at a big discount
Viscaria: 1410CNY
Ovtchrov: 1410CNY
Boll: 1380 CNY
Harimoto: 980 CNY
All butterfly blades and rubbers get a 25% discount in China.

Viscaria for 1410 CNY ~ 204€? That's very expensive compared to the prices in Japan or Germany...

Viscaria in Japan (incl. 10% VAT) 22000 Yen or around 156 Euro https://www.butterfly.shop/category/SHAKE/30041.html

FZD ALC 19800 Yen or around 140 Euro https://www.butterfly.shop/category/SHAKE/37221.html
Viscaria in Germany (incl. 19% VAT) 129.90€ https://de.butterfly.tt/viscaria.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
It's a shame that there is no version with ZLF fiber, only CNF. In my opinion ZLF is such a nice fiber, I hope they will make more blades with it like Timo Boll ZLF.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
It's a shame that there is no version with ZLF fiber, only CNF. In my opinion ZLF is such a nice fiber, I hope they will make more blades with it like Timo Boll ZLF.

In my opinion, they should really just make one blade per player.
if the player uses zlf, then that should be a zlf blade.

there is really no meaning to using a FZD zlf, for example, if FZD doesn't even want to use it himself.
there is too many models, and too many similarities.

I'm sorry for Butterfly resellers.... the inventory management is a nightmare

Reactions: SamTheMan
Sep 2019

In my opinion, they should really just make one blade per player.
if the player uses zlf, then that should be a zlf blade.

there is really no meaning to using a FZD zlf, for example, if FZD doesn't even want to use it himself.
there is too many models, and too many similarities.

I'm sorry for Butterfly resellers.... the inventory management is a nightmare

I second that. But business is business. Several blades named after the world no.1 no brainer for BTY.
The fzd alc the model which fan himself uses will be the best selling anyway. And if there's just one model fzd alc, ppl won't suffer from decision fatigue too xd jk