Top rank players in 1 club?!

I didn't know about other country format/situation in table tennis league. In my country, it's only an amateur competition, and not a proper league where it goes on for few weeks. It's just a 2 days event at max, or some games take only 1 night to complete. Most of it just a competition held by some politician or table tennis clubs.

Just knew that in Europe they also have the same concept as football where they scouted other country player to play for their club. And seems quite a big thing as they have Bundesliga, or something like that?. Correct me if I'm wrong. Want to know more about it.

Previously, I only knew about Lin Yun Ju played for a japanese club. Found a youtube video where he played against Harimoto, both wearing a Japanese club jersey.

Now all these Top 10 players are in 1 club, wow! Surely they are a strong team. Heard Truls also in this club.

f0ed3dcbbf01af7ac62f474d7fa7ca3d.jpg

Que[emoji41]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The Bundesliga is a professional league.

Dima and lin left their Russian club due to the war in ukraine and an expected ban from the champions league (and also dima's grandparents were from Ukraine and his grandma actually died a couple days ago while trying to escape from ukraine so he probably doesn't want to stay there either).

That Russian club was previously the best club in europa (won the champions league a few times) and now ulm got those players. Not sure how they pay for it, they had been a middle of the road Bundesliga team but maybe they have a wealthy sponsor

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Dima and lin left their Russian club due to the war in ukraine and an expected ban from the champions league (and also dima's grandparents were from Ukraine and his grandma actually died a couple days ago while trying to escape from ukraine so he probably doesn't want to stay there either).

Being from germany i can see that you got exactly the "opinion" that the yellow press wanted you to form.

If you read up more closely on Dima's grandma you would learn that Dima actually got her transfered to germany in april already and recently she fell down (being very safe in germany already) and did die from that.

Perhaps there was the greatest russian sniper in history that could shoot all the way from ukraine to germany and made Dima's grandma fall, but you are free to believe whatever the yellow press wants you to believe ;)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

Being from germany i can see that you got exactly the "opinion" that the yellow press wanted you to form.

If you read up more closely on Dima's grandma you would learn that Dima actually got her transfered to germany in april already and recently she fell down (being very safe in germany already) and did die from that.

Perhaps there was the greatest russian sniper in history that could shoot all the way from ukraine to germany and made Dima's grandma fall, but you are free to believe whatever the yellow press wants you to believe ;)

Dima's grandmother had to flee
that is very sad enough
no one can say how the invasion and fleeing affected her since then.

Reactions: vvk1 and SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I didn't know about other country format/situation in table tennis league. In my country, it's only an amateur competition, and not a proper league where it goes on for few weeks. It's just a 2 days event at max, or some games take only 1 night to complete. Most of it just a competition held by some politician or table tennis clubs. Just knew that in Europe they also have the same concept as football where they scouted other country player to play for their club. And seems quite a big thing as they have Bundesliga, or something like that?. Correct me if I'm wrong. Want to know more about it. Previously, I only knew about Lin Yun Ju played for a japanese club. Found a youtube video where he played against Harimoto, both wearing a Japanese club jersey. Now all these Top 10 players are in 1 club, wow! Surely they are a strong team. Heard Truls also in this club.
f0ed3dcbbf01af7ac62f474d7fa7ca3d.jpg
Que[emoji41]

New world ranking method, you bound to get more non Chinese in there. If we go say top 20, it happens very often to have 2 or 3 good players in the same team. Either Chinese Super League or European leagues, it happens often. Japanese league mostly attract Asian players though, but still ranked players together. its been like that for decades.

Last edited:

New world ranking method, you bound to get more non Chinese in there. If we go say top 20, it happens very often to have 2 or 3 good players in the same team. Either Chinese Super League or European leagues, it happens often. Japanese league mostly attract Asian players though, but still ranked players together. its been like that for decades.

For this new world ranking method, does the league tournament e.g: japanese league/European league, contribute to the points collection?

Que[emoji41]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
For this new world ranking method, does the league tournament e.g: japanese league/European league, contribute to the points collection?

Que[emoji41]

No, it is ITTF/WTT ranking.

But say South American champion (Hugo) and Asian Champion is the same number of points.
WTT contender event in South America for example, has the same points as European WTT contender.

But the people who take part in South American one are not as strong compared to European one, and not to mention, the event happens on the same day

So, for someone to "cheat" the system, they can plan to go to easier tournaments and have a better chance to gain more points.

Not to mention, best out of 5, chances for weaker player to beat stronger player is higher than best out of 7